LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

57 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hello Cruise Critic! 
Wow! It’s been a LONG 121 days since the last LIVE, but here we are going back on the Celebration. This time with some of my favorite CC members on a fabulous 7 days out of Miami calling on Amber Cove, San Juan, and St. Thomas. So buckle up, subscribe and follow along LIVE as we sail with your favorite internet friends escaping the cold and drinking a lot! 

IMG_8777.jpeg

IMG_8619.jpeg

So sad we had to cancel but will be drinking and following along. Let’s go!

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

7-4. I just don’t see us getting out and about THAT early. We will there someday! 

My DW and I love St. Thomas. We did a weeklong vacation after our cruise a couple of years ago.  We are going on the Magic in August with the same itinerary as this cruise plus St. Maarten.  Looking forward to the adventures.  Thanks again for taking us along.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you’ll recall from previous LIVES, I’ve sailed with @Roscoe13 before. We had a fantastic time on the Liberty which was filling in for the Horizon (azipod issues) for the ABC cruise in January 2022. It was only my second LIVE cruise. Last year, I couldn’t swing his annual cruise because I was with family & friends on Virgin Voyages, but this year, that got pushed to February, so we are back in with him and his wonderful wife. We alerted the masses that we were cruising together, and everyone jumped on board that could or wasn’t scared (😝) including Sid. I haven’t met any of the other “internet friends” irl, but it’s been a blast planning and discussing this cruise. On a personal note, @Jamman54 and Patti coming along is extremely special because even when I was a “lurker” around these parts, I learned so much from them and Mitsugirly. And @sid_9169 blazed the way for LIVES so this is gonna be a blast! 

• Like 47
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

The PARTY has started....yahoo.......I don't gamble but I am betting that CCL execs are following along as well.

This is gonna be a blast even from my recliner in the RV!

Nooo! 🫣 They don’t care what we think. 

Thanks for coming along. I know you are ready for Hawaii soon! 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Looking forward to following along.  I know that fun will be had by all!

Pretty excited. I feel like I haven’t cruised in too long. Thanks for coming along. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

My DW and I love St. Thomas. We did a weeklong vacation after our cruise a couple of years ago.  We are going on the Magic in August with the same itinerary as this cruise plus St. Maarten.  Looking forward to the adventures.  Thanks again for taking us along.  

No problem. Glad you all pack light. 😉

• Like 3

Small details: 

-We will opt out of the first formal night. My BUCS are playing Monday Night Football. If you know me, I went to THE University of Oklahoma, and I’m a HUGE Tampa Bay fan. Only thing that got me through not cruising and the pandemic was a guy named Tom Brady getting dropped into our laps from GOD straight to Raymond James Stadium. Now that the GOAT has retired, I’m super pumped that Baker Mayfield, Heisman Trophy winner from MY OU, is doing so well. We will probably eat at Pig & Anchor and have a few beverages with Agnon and Lovell… thanks @TxTeach79 for letting me know my old Carnival Ecstasy friend is bartending there now!
-We have reservations for Teppanyaki on St. Thomas night. A few CCers will join us! Teppanyaki was my favorite meal last sailing on the Celebration, but DH didn’t get to go because it was a work dinner. This time, he’s a-go! 
-After flying out of OKC and DFW lately, I can’t wait to be back at DAL and having a Cantina Laredo margarita or 4 before my flight. 

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

I was waiting for you to start your review.   Have fun and post everything!!

I’m on it. Jamman has said he’s going to get the coverage between when Sid goes to sleep and where I hit 15… I sure hope Patti brings some filters for the camera because it won’t be pretty. 🤦🏼‍♀️😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 30

1 minute ago, dallasdan said:

@MeganGC1983 I understand missing formal night for the game.  We were on a cruise during the world series, so I didn't eat dinner 4 of the nights.  Just had food delivered to me in the Hero's sports bar.

Not all heroes wear capes… we gotta do what we gotta do for our teams. lol

• Like 8

That is an excellent idea @RenoNanaOz! I’m so wishing I was going along but good thing I cancelled when I did, lots of health woes here. I’ll be following and drinking right along though. Now to convince DH that I’m home but actually on a cruise which means day drinking is expected 🙂

Hoping all of you have the best time ever!!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s gonna be a blasty blast waving at the normies from our perch. 😆

For sure - And I'm excited to be in the live review.  I had a tiny cameo in @TxTeach79's live Regal Princess Thanksgiving Review and that little taste of stardom has me begging for more.

• Haha 14