LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

8 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Yah...dun't think any of the voices I can think of would be reason-oriented on this cruise!

I’ll answer here. Just cutbacks, changes, unruly sailors, roaming gangs of children, etc. The price of the wifi alone is criminal at this point. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, figmentfreak said:

I’m sad I won’t be on the cruise with ya’ll, but I was already booked on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Dream.   

can we do a yearly tribe cruise?  Maybe go with VV next January?

Sounds like a good option to me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, figmentfreak said:

I’m sad I won’t be on the cruise with ya’ll, but I was already booked on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Dream.   

can we do a yearly tribe cruise?  Maybe go with VV next January?

Or the NCL Viva in March next year, since I am already booked on that!

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Well, it’s 6pm here. National championship game about to start. I’ve made dinner, and this has all ready escalated 5 pages of quickly. I’m pretty thirsty. Cheers CC! Nice little glasses of white zin. 

image.jpg

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

So glad the party has started!   Along for the ride one way or another!

🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻 Hope tomorrow goes smoothly and we see ya on Saturday or Sunday!! 

• Like 11

Many years ago several of us went on a cruise and my DH doesn’t drink.  We joked that he would need to bring a rope to make sure we got back to the ship in Grand Turk.  We got off and were sitting in the pool bar by 7:30am.  The bartender had a very heavy poor with the tequila in the margarita tube.  At 10:30am we were walking out of the pool and if you drink in the water and think you are fine then get out, well you aren’t.  I thank goodness stopped after 1 and had been drinking water but several others had to be helped out.  After we danced some and did shots my DH made us all hold hands to get back to the ship.  We talk about this trip all the time and this was actually our favorite memory!  

So my advice is Patti needs to bring a rope to make sure you all get back on the boat and you all may need to have your room numbers sewn in your clothes to make sure someone can get you back to your room at night!

Have a great time!  Would love to cruise with you all someday.

• Haha 33

14 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Or the NCL Viva in March next year, since I am already booked on that!

I’d go for Viva too. I haven’t cruised NCK or VV yet.  Although, I try to avoid March since it’s Spring Break time. 

• Like 5

I have to laugh to keep from crying. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Anyone else travel with someone that just is oblivious half the time?! This will be our third Excel class sailing, and Mr. Megan sent this to me yesterday just “in case I didn’t know”.

Sir, I am a professional traveler! 

IMG_7050.jpeg

• Haha 29

1 minute ago, figmentfreak said:

I’d go for Viva too. I haven’t cruised NCK or VV yet.  Although, I try to avoid March since it’s Spring Break time. 

It's March 2-9th. Not spring break. That's why it was the least expensive cruise in March!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Many years ago several of us went on a cruise and my DH doesn’t drink.  We joked that he would need to bring a rope to make sure we got back to the ship in Grand Turk.  We got off and were sitting in the pool bar by 7:30am.  The bartender had a very heavy poor with the tequila in the margarita tube.  At 10:30am we were walking out of the pool and if you drink in the water and think you are fine then get out, well you aren’t.  I thank goodness stopped after 1 and had been drinking water but several others had to be helped out.  After we danced some and did shots my DH made us all hold hands to get back to the ship.  We talk about this trip all the time and this was actually our favorite memory!  

So my advice is Patti needs to bring a rope to make sure you all get back on the boat and you all may need to have your room numbers sewn in your clothes to make sure someone can get you back to your room at night!

Have a great time!  Would love to cruise with you all someday.

We needed you earlier in this planning process. 😆 Husband daycare is never gonna be the same again. 

• Haha 11

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I have to laugh to keep from crying. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Anyone else travel with someone that just is oblivious half the time?! This will be our third Excel class sailing, and Mr. Megan sent this to me yesterday just “in case I didn’t know”.

Sir, I am a professional traveler! 

IMG_7050.jpeg

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Megan is getting excited?

Hoping @Jamman54...Patti doesn't decide to run and hide from the shenanigans...she will be with camera in hand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Not much change to this sailing. Why fix perfection?! 😆 I snagged Cheers with a discount code (10% off) from that time the website glitched and only charged for one day. I would have appreciated that price more, but I’ll take the 10% off. 
This time, we are trying out Havana. We have a Havana interior after taking a $55 upgrade offer. Excited to try out the tiny pool, the outside bar, and wave at the normies from this elite area. 😉

IMG_8845.jpeg

Just stayed in a Havana Interior on Celebration in Dec and LOVED it!! Enjoy

Have a great cruise!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Dang it's been 4 months already since the Celebration sailing. Looking forward to seeing what this A list of personalities gets into! 

Someone needs to be assigned the dirty job of being the voice of reason to keep everyone out of the brig🤣😂

They'll corrupt whomever that is. 😆😆

• Haha 10

2 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Just stayed in a Havana Interior on Celebration in Dec and LOVED it!! Enjoy

Have a great cruise!!

Pretty excited. It may be my solution to the crazy people around the ship… the ones I know and the strangers alike. 😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Small details: 

-We will opt out of the first formal night. My BUCS are playing Monday Night Football. If you know me, I went to THE University of Oklahoma, and I’m a HUGE Tampa Bay fan. Only thing that got me through not cruising and the pandemic was a guy named Tom Brady getting dropped into our laps from GOD straight to Raymond James Stadium. Now that the GOAT has retired, I’m super pumped that Baker Mayfield, Heisman Trophy winner from MY OU, is doing so well. We will probably eat at Pig & Anchor and have a few beverages with Agnon and Lovell… thanks @TxTeach79 for letting me know my old Carnival Ecstasy friend is bartending there now!
-We have reservations for Teppanyaki on St. Thomas night. A few CCers will join us! Teppanyaki was my favorite meal last sailing on the Celebration, but DH didn’t get to go because it was a work dinner. This time, he’s a-go! 
-After flying out of OKC and DFW lately, I can’t wait to be back at DAL and having a Cantina Laredo margarita or 4 before my flight

The things we do for the love of the game. KC game is only on Peacock so I had to subscribe for a month. I luckily had an Amex offer so it's only going to cost $0.42 for taxes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1