LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

Yahoo - I've been waiting for this. Starting to have serious FOMO now. If only I hadn't gone on my Virgin cruise a month ago, I would be coming along. But, then again, that cruise was epic. #ifyouknowyouknow

I expect more and better shenanigans from y'all on this one. If I can do it, I know all you guys can!

Woot Woot

• Like 14
  • Haha 18

7 minutes ago, edspec said:

That is an excellent idea @RenoNanaOz! I’m so wishing I was going along but good thing I cancelled when I did, lots of health woes here. I’ll be following and drinking right along though. Now to convince DH that I’m home but actually on a cruise which means day drinking is expected 🙂

Hoping all of you have the best time ever!!!

Hope everyone gets better soon. Hugs!

• Like 3

Woo hoo!  Can’t wait for all the fun. I’ll toast y’all every day!  Wish I could be there but we’re sailing the first week of February. Maybe someday it’ll work out. Have a blast!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BohJang said:

For sure - And I'm excited to be in the live review.  I had a tiny cameo in @TxTeach79's live Regal Princess Thanksgiving Review and that little taste of stardom has me begging for more.

😆😆 I’m dying. So glad you’ll be on this one. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yahoo - I've been waiting for this. Starting to have serious FOMO now. If only I hadn't gone on my Virgin cruise a month ago, I would be coming along. But, then again, that cruise was epic. #ifyouknowyouknow

I expect more and better shenanigans from y'all on this one. If I can do it, I know all you guys can!

Woot Woot

You have big shoes to fill, my friend. Thanks for joining us! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Late again. But you didn't leave yet so I get points for tha t, no?😇😇

I'm so excited for you guys!!

Thanks for letting me tag along!!

Hugs from Texas

Indeed. All the points. Start your liver! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MeMetwo said:

Woo hoo!  Can’t wait for all the fun. I’ll toast y’all every day!  Wish I could be there but we’re sailing the first week of February. Maybe someday it’ll work out. Have a blast!

This will be your warm up. Thanks for tagging along and letting us get you ready! 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Pre-cruise: 

prices for Miami hotels were ridiculous when we all started looking. Of course, we want to be close to the action, Bayside Market and SoCal Cantina, for reasons that will be revealed later. But we also weren’t ready to spend $250 a night. I originally booked Hampton Brickell for $212, then I got an offer to stay at Aloft for $85 with tax… yes, please. It’s a little further away from Bayside than I like, but very close to SoCal and for $85… I’m in. 
We fly into FLL (because it’s cheaper) at 2:50pm. The plan is to check in and meet @Roscoe13 and his beautiful wife, Melania for dinner at the Hard Rock. Then catch up with @sid_9169 at SoCal… surprise! If ya don’t know, now ya know. This Cruise Critic LIVE will be a two-fer! Two for one, two times the fun and then followed up with the recap from @Jamman54 All the shenanigans will be documented and noted! 

IMG_0942.jpeg

I am interested to hear what you think of Aloft. We will be on The Celebration on Oct 6th. We have stayed at TheHampton Brickell before and it was a great location. Close to SoCal Taco and Coyo Taco. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm here and will actually be on this cruise and not following @MeganGC1983's shenanigans from home! 😁

I coulda, woulda, shoulda been with you guys, but won't be. 😞 However, I will cruise vicariously through this (and any other) review! Have a WONDERFUL time you peeps. Do the rest of us proud. I want lots of shenanigans and embarrassing photos!

• Like 12
  • Haha 8

19 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Small details: 

-We will opt out of the first formal night. My BUCS are playing Monday Night Football. If you know me, I went to THE University of Oklahoma, and I’m a HUGE Tampa Bay fan. Only thing that got me through not cruising and the pandemic was a guy named Tom Brady getting dropped into our laps from GOD straight to Raymond James Stadium. Now that the GOAT has retired, I’m super pumped that Baker Mayfield, Heisman Trophy winner from MY OU, is doing so well. We will probably eat at Pig & Anchor and have a few beverages with Agnon and Lovell… thanks @TxTeach79 for letting me know my old Carnival Ecstasy friend is bartending there now!
-We have reservations for Teppanyaki on St. Thomas night. A few CCers will join us! Teppanyaki was my favorite meal last sailing on the Celebration, but DH didn’t get to go because it was a work dinner. This time, he’s a-go! 
-After flying out of OKC and DFW lately, I can’t wait to be back at DAL and having a Cantina Laredo margarita or 4 before my flight. 

I take it you're not the biggest *incoln *iley fan then? 😉

Have the best time! Excel class ships are my fav! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

I am interested to hear what you think of Aloft. We will be on The Celebration on Oct 6th. We have stayed at TheHampton Brickell before and it was a great location. Close to SoCal Taco and Coyo Taco. 

I will definitely let you know. Very close to those things, indeed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I coulda, woulda, shoulda been with you guys, but won't be. 😞 However, I will cruise vicariously through this (and any other) review! Have a WONDERFUL time you peeps. Do the rest of us proud. I want lots of shenanigans and embarrassing photos!

We will miss you!  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, karriec said:

I am excited to be following along.  I found these Iguanas in La Romana and thought of you.  

IMG_20231228_130617991.jpg

I really have no idea why I love them so much. They are local to all my favorite places and the perfect weather that goes along with it, so that must be why. Like little love island dinosaurs. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I’m a little nervous of the embarrassing photos part. 😬🫣 But we will definitely have a great time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

I'm interested in this too as we haven't booked a pre-cruise hotel for our May Celebration cruise yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

I take it you're not the biggest *incoln *iley fan then? 😉

Have the best time! Excel class ships are my fav! 

😑 We call him TBOW… I’ll let you figure out what that stands for. 🙄 

thanks for coming along. 

1 minute ago, mamiamjo said:

I'm interested in this too as we haven't booked a pre-cruise hotel for our May Celebration cruise yet.

Come on along and let’s check it out together. 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m a little nervous of the embarrassing photos part. 😬🫣 But we will definitely have a great time. 

Be brave, girl. As I know you are! How about embarrassing photos of the OTHERS.  That'll do the job!

• Haha 12

The last few weeks… even the last few days, time has seemed to take a snail’s pace. After the September Celebration sailing, I was pretty burnt out. I knew I had this cruise booked, so I made an executive decision to take 4 months off from cruising. I went on one work trip the next week to  Ft. Wayne, IN, and the rest of the time, I was at home just working and being a mom. December was hard. I hate the cold, and I wanted to cruise badly. I held out. Hopefully, I can fully appreciate this cruise. Hopefully, there aren’t any major issues. I’ve said previously, this could be my last Carnival cruise. I guess we will see how it goes. I’m going in optimistic, and that’s all I can do. 
this is cruise number 22. And for anyone new, the majority have been on Carnival. I have sprinkled in some Virgin, Royal and Celebrity. 

• Like 22