Roll Call

Our pre-maiden voyage roll call was pretty active but you’re not the first one to comment on the quiet nature of the roll calls. I’m not sure they ever got back to pre-Covid height. 

on our last celebrity cruise before Covid (Nov. 2019) we did a cabin crawl, slot pull, and a hometown gift give away at the meet and greet held in the wine bar. Well over 100 people attended. I took peach jam and Georgia pecans as my gift and came away with a Washington Redskins (before team name change) hoodie…which I still wear on cold days. It was a lot of fun!  This was on Silhouette. 

• Like 2

keep trying!

We have a nice roll call going for Ascent 1/28  with  traditional list, great countdown updates, planned Sailaway and some are getting together for an excursion. So far no Slot pull or Cabin Crawl..

Some are also on fb but heard that is not very busy either!

Seems no organized Connection party from Cruise Critic anymore???

Last year we had a good Roll Call.  We did a slot pull and people did bring gifts which I've never seen before and a couple of private tours together.  

There are no connection parties as far as I know.

I mentioned a cabin crawl as I haven't been on Eden class - zero response!  Never mind, it won't spoil the cruise obviously but its nice to meet other people that way even if its only for the sailaway.

Our Roll Call for Ascent in September is also very quiet.

I find the boards pretty quiet in general, compared to years ago. 

Sad because they were so full of information and I loved reading reviews and tips from others who shared information about a port or ship.

Years ago we took a cruise to French Polynesia and actually met so many fellow CC members at the airport just waiting for our flight. It was fun.

• Like 2

Is there a reson why Cruise Critic does not sponsor  the get togethers anymore..They  used to coordinate guest list/ invites,  have raffles,  giveaways..generated lots of interest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Is there a reson why Cruise Critic does not sponsor  the get togethers anymore..They  used to coordinate guest list/ invites,  have raffles,  giveaways..generated lots of interest!

If you are talking about the Connections gathering ( Meet & MingIe) I was under the impression that CC provided  info and a link to sign.  The ships issued the invitations, provided space, refreshments and the appearance of some Officers.  The ones I attended with any raffle, give away ( who traveled farthest, etc)  gift exchange was coordinated by someone on the Roll Call.  

We coordinated 2 gift exchanges for the end of the CC event.  1st was fine, ship had been routinely reserving the space for 60-75 minutes, so plenty of time.  Then about 6 months later we were told that the space  would  only be available for 30 minutes, so no time for anything other than the formalities.  It took 2 days before I was able to get a hour scheduled, in a conference room, for the gift exchange.  Which wasn’t well attended as most were never were notified when it would be.

The Roll Call for our upcoming  24 January Constellation cruise is up 3 pages now!!  Things are definitely a lot slower than my previous cruises.  There is a FB page for the cruise that has more people signed up, although the majority don’t post anything.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Our cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver in May was started in Nov 2022 and there are 6 pages.  Very slow.

We are on that cruise with you 👍. Dreading the flight there but looking forward to the holiday. Disappointed about the itinerary change but spending 4 nights in Honolulu prior which may well be the highlight. Will be good whatever 

6 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Maybe an indication that most recent Celebrity cruisers don’t look here?

That could be but also this board has gotten so negative that I think many have bowed out or like me look to another site for connecting with others for tours, info, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Is there a reson why Cruise Critic does not sponsor  the get togethers anymore..They  used to coordinate guest list/ invites,  have raffles,  giveaways..generated lots of 

Because Celebrity, unlike Royal, decided not to reintroduce/support the M and M after Covid. Such a shame as without the M and M it makes organising/coordinating events much harder. That said our October TA on Reflection was active and our Slot Pull had 80 participants.

9 hours ago, C4HCG said:

We are on that cruise with you 👍. Dreading the flight there but looking forward to the holiday. Disappointed about the itinerary change but spending 4 nights in Honolulu prior which may well be the highlight. Will be good whatever 

With 4 nights in Honolulu we would recommend the Magic of Polynesia show - best magic we have seen. Just book for the show as the food is very poor.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Our November 2023 Connie TA roll call had 163 pages , 

our November 2024 Equinox TA roll call is at 4 pages 

Things are slowing down 

How many pages did your 2023 cruise have in the January? 

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

That could be but also this board has gotten so negative that I think many have bowed out or like me look to another site for connecting with others for tours, info, etc.

This board negative??? Surely not 😂. Many complaints justified I don’t doubt but repeated many times gets tedious. I find it entertaining but still a board where you can pick up very useful advice

One of the best uses for a roll call is to find other people interested in doing the same stuff you want to do, especially for third-party shore excursions. But without being able to directly message another member, you have two choices to communicate:

1) Post your personal information in the thread in the hopes that the one person you want to contact you actually does, or

2) Exchange back-and-forth information in the roll call thread, annoying everyone else who isn't interested.

Also I imagine X's decision to stop helping organize an on-board meet & mingle has dampened people's enthusiasm to join a roll call.

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

21 pages on January 13 

clearly this is a much better comparison than your 4 to 163 comparison.

Also for many the Roll Call is a way to organise tours and I believe your 2023 cruise was much longer and included  far more and also much more interesting stops than the 3 you are doing in 2024.

our 2023 Reflection cruise got off to a slow start but picked up. 

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

This board negative??? Surely not 😂. Many complaints justified I don’t doubt but repeated many times gets tedious. I find it entertaining but still a board where you can pick up very useful advice

Definitely useful advice.  If not for posts here and on FB we would never know about some of the adverse changes until after we had boarded, or after we had paid in full.  Celebrity, like all businesses, will shout loud and clear about positive changes, but sneak bad changes in and hope no one notices.