Resilent Lady

Background I’m well travelled senior used to travelling independently.  I know how to research travel.  Eg in NZ I site is Govt Visitor Information, which you can trust.

Despite this, I found cruising on Resilent Lady

difficult.

Make Sailor Services on 5 your go to for answers to your questions. They are friendly and helpful.

i wanted to see the gannets colony at Cape Kidnappers.  I contacted the company. Their tour left too early for ship passengers but they told me the ship had a tour. Really?  Back to sailor services who kindly made booking for me.  Nobody at Shore Things at the Chart Room on 7 early!  Just a long empty red table. No advertisements of what exercursions are on today. You get the gist do your own research!  Btw my ship tour to Gannets was in Antarctica territory for being unique and so entertaining watching the birds and fluffy babies as big as their parents.

• Like 1

You can operate TV via small tablet in room.

channels

Good if you like US News - all Trump. Fox sports has US Sports for those who love sport

i did find the Australian Tennis Open -  Yes!!

Movies and series

live tv and music

room controls

entertainment

services

ps a passenger showed me how to turn it on!

• Like 2

Bathroom is well designed

glass door on shower

Two knobs for towels

two railings for towels

big bottom shelf with lip and rubbish bin

half top shelf

cake of soap

powerful flush for toilet with lid down

shower 

glass door. 
despite turning shower away from

door half Bath Mat got wet.

read how to operate shower before you turn it on. Information is there etched in steel so hard to read for Seniors. Make sure dial is set

for hand hose not big beautiful round shower head on roof

powerful water supply

ask for help with small clothes line to hang wet togs and undies.  Helps if you are tall.

once I graduated I loved this shower and bathroom

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Do they have nice bread rolls?

I'd like to see whole grain bread on ships as an alternative to white or brown (wheat?). But yes, nice bread rolls are always welcome.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I love the ones with seeds on top as well as in them, especially pumpkin seeds

I do too Mic. We've always found a good variety of bread rolls onboard. In fact they are usually so good, I have to restrict myself to just one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Background I’m well travelled senior used to travelling independently.  I know how to research travel.  Eg in NZ I site is Govt Visitor Information, which you can trust.

Despite this, I found cruising on Resilent Lady

difficult.

Make Sailor Services on 5 your go to for answers to your questions. They are friendly and helpful.

i wanted to see the gannets colony at Cape Kidnappers.  I contacted the company. Their tour left too early for ship passengers but they told me the ship had a tour. Really?  Back to sailor services who kindly made booking for me.  Nobody at Shore Things at the Chart Room on 7 early!  Just a long empty red table. No advertisements of what exercursions are on today. You get the gist do your own research!  Btw my ship tour to Gannets was in Antarctica territory for being unique and so entertaining watching the birds and fluffy babies as big as their parents.

I looked at the shore excursions on the Virgin app for my upcoming cruise.  Way too pricey.  Booked independently for a 1/3 of the cost.

which port were you in for this tour?  Would interest me.

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

which port were you in for this tour?  Would interest me.

The gannets at Cape Kidnappers tour is in Napier https://gannetsafaris.co.nz/

I have booked it on my Noordam cruise next month. Didn't make it last year as our Napier call was cancelled after the cyclone.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bubbeh said:

'Nuff said. 🤮

Can we please not mention politics of this site. There are many forums for those remarks. Can we please stick to cruise comments.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jland said:

Can we please not mention politics of this site. There are many forums for those remarks. Can we please stick to cruise comments.

Actually it wasn't a political comment, I saw it as merely a statement that the US TV channels only had one topic for their news at present.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jland said:

My apologies.  I meant not offence but have taken your remarks on board.

Edited by Bubbeh
  • Like 1