The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 17th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Just arrived Lima on a beautiful day. Passed the fishing fleet and parked next to us is Seabourn Quest which we were on last October.

Gourmet food tour tonight in Lima.

image.thumb.jpeg.b8ac4140b1053f29843712759793ee63.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8532f6115d07a904ead560bffd2be9b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.698b0775e1d58b4b9edd8148b23d4534.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2da8d3af170c1d06f265acda5d4742cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.871a0ef68566b919824bbbc7750d8854.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good 11 degrees morning, it’s still warmer in Juneau. Time to move 😀

Update on Steve, he totally tore the quadricep tendon and surgery went well to reattach it. He comes home today and can’t bend it for a month. 🙏

I love Edinburgh, have been to the Tattoo several times and would like to go back.

Stay warm and safe.

@grapau27will you ask Father David to pray for Steve and his wife Denise as she attempts to make him listen to the doctor 🤞🙏

Thanks for the update on Steve, and I relate to his wife Denise trying to get him to follow doctor's orders.  I'm glad he is now on the way home.

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

There were no further pages for blood donors, but this morning a passenger was evacuated by helicopter.

Paul, I hope the passenger recovers.

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

If you're ever back in Edinburgh, or anyone reading this visits here, it's worth knowing that this building on St Andrew Square is a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland.  In fact it was the branch I used to bank in! 

It has a rather stunning ceiling in the main banking hall, and anyone can wander in for a look: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/dundas-house

image.png.b2250d8e75a54d73262e5b932e9daf49.png

Welcome to the Fleet Report and Daily.  Thanks for the picture of the bank ceiling.  I was lucky to get a picture of the building as the bus drove by.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Docs office just called, he should be good to go home at 1:30, so I will leave in 45 minutes to go get him.

I feed birds, and this time of year, I get to not only see the Blue Jay, but also the blue bird.  My dogwood tree yesterday was full of the blue birds.  I only see them when it gets COLD!  I wonder where they vacation.....

Bluebird 

image.thumb.png.51ae2d22cc85f2f37e19dc45a9e68f7c.png

Blue Jay

image.thumb.png.684b71aa10c88f8ac7e6c254fee89bac.png

What they are thinking-

image.png.2cd18b4636bbb10499d41cf85d9c4f89.png

Annie, I'm glad Chuck @catmando is ready to come home.  I hope the procedure was successful.  Loved the pictures of the birds.

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

We were in South Queensferry last April on the Rotterdam. I went to Stirling and Falkirk. It was a cold, damp, and cloudy day (so unexpected for Scotland) but it was still a fascinating tour. Wandered around the town of Stirling a fair bit and found very nice wool/tweed sweater to help keep me warm! 

Stirling Castle and nearby cemeteries - 

DSC_0825(2).thumb.JPG.f78f863bab73383b0c24625e8179f9b8.JPG

DSC_0821(2).thumb.JPG.936327f03a297ba6e96081039d21bc98.JPG

Wallace Monument (from Stirling Castle) -

DSC_0815(2).thumb.JPG.5bc30885c0ed039057c74998883b020b.JPG

Falkirk Wheel & upstream canal-

DSC_0836(2).thumb.JPG.fa3feaeb7491bbcb929dab2534cc2230.JPG

DSC_0847(2).thumb.JPG.4c12bf2bd548ff05d0c14fc2f4f59975.JPG

This tug was at our stern all day helping us hold position-

DSC_0808(2).thumb.JPG.88997913ff97dfa83e94082f51a980d3.JPG

Fred, thanks for your pictures.  The Falkirk Wheel is an amazing engineering feat.

The house is clean and all the work moving my arm seems to have taken care of the soreness for yesterday's RSV vaccine.  The sun is trying to come out, but the sky still is gray, and it is windy.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I've worked for hours today cross stitching and finally had to stop and rest my shoulders.  Yesterday it was my right arm that ached after working so long.  Basically all I've worked on today is straw in baby Jesus's manger.  Such slow work!

Thanks for the photos today of Edinburgh and South Queensferry @Quartzsite Cruiser and @Overhead Fred

9 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  @marshhawkAnnie,  Prayers for Chuck today.

We have arrived in  St. John's, Antigua and the sun is appearing.  It appears there will be three in port today from what we can see.  We had a shorex today catamaran ride to a restaurant for a a lobster lunch.  Obviously that isn't happening because of my illness.  I have bronchitis and have started cefixime on my own since all the symptoms point to it. I pick up these drugs whenever and wherever I am for my Bush Medicine kit. Plus my coughing is so bad it is causing my bronchioles to leak minute amounts of blood in my spit in addition to the other icky color.  My doctor in MD warned me to throw the book at it and even gave me Vicodin (good old days) to use for it.  I am reducing my Prednisone to 40 mg a day.  What a night I had last night. I am sure this will be good fodder for Redneck Bob. I was seeing patterns on the closet doors before we turned the TV off.  Once that happened the show began.  I have never seen such things, tree branches blowing in the wind with all kinds of indistinct creatures. There was all kinds of backgrounds like fancy wallpaper and Chinese painted panels.  One thing stayed through all the permutations both with eyes open and  closed began as a Chinese brass fish.  I tried to close my eyes to try to sleep but then it was brown tones, forms similar to bears and buffalo but distinct horses. 

I figured I was in for a night so I got out my iPod and headphones and settled in for the ride that lasted as long as my iPod battery about five hours with bathroom breaks.  I never got to see my cats or Gary but consistently I had one guard pony laying down beside the bed ears switching as mine did.  I felt my old cat Lydia alongside my left leg and Everytime the ship shuddered it felt like her biting her long hair.  Tiny was in the background with her static purr.  Gary was the ever constant fish.  He was a Pisces.  Make what you want out of it.  It made me decide to lower the dose.  At least I only had a great soundtrack and only had to fast forward away from a couple of rock songs. More on our dining room experience last night later. Nancy 

Wow, your hallucinations sound wild!  I hope reducing the prednisone helps to calm your nights so you can get some good rest.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Super photos Sandi.

Thank you Graham!

9 hours ago, Denise T said:

Good Wednesday morning. Thanks for the daily and fleet reports. 

It is cold! We had about 3 inches of snow yesterday. I was able to get everything cleared up. Today is an icy day so we shall see how that goes. Dreaming of spring every day. 

I am doing a happy dance. My fasting blood sugar was 119. Wow, that is a number I haven't seen in a while. Making changes to my diet which is helping. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.3574e1fc27f0905aea95e0992e90e95c.png

Excellent news about your lowered fasting blood sugar.  Hope that trend continues for you.

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Thanks for the beautiful photos of Edinburgh! Some day!

Lazy day for us we are back to St. John's next month.  Rather cloudy here and muggy. 

Last night we dined in the MDR after a 4 night absence.  It seemed like we walked into the dining room of the next door Nieuw Amsterdam.  Front people looked different, new waiter but we sat down at 198 that we had been assigned "for the whole cruise". Did they intend to give it to us until late February and didn't enter it in or had no idea we were on for so long. Well squatter's rights worked for one night.  A confused couple soon appeared and talked to one of the waiters who got the floor boss.  The couple was seated and the floor boss came to us and asked why we were there. "We were given this table for the entire 52 days" "Who told you that?" Sheesh it was 14 days ago.  Unfortunately Jaka and Ari had been relocated so they couldn't back us up.  The floor manager came over and told us."someone else was here last week" Duh we changed cabins but the names are the same.  More consultation and the FM came over and said we can't have this table after tonight.  We figured that.  I said I would appreciate a nice table for two at five.  He seemed to agree and said he would get back with us.  Nothing yet.  I guess we will go get in the Club Orange no reservations line. 

This morning while hanging out in the Neptune Lounge John went and explained to our Concierge CJ.  She said she would look into it. 

Yesterday I spent a lot of time changing 6pm reservations to 5 pm after our PG debacle and she asked if these were 5* benefits.  I said I guessed it would happen at the and of this segment she demurred.  Now that we have no table two or three more specialty dinners would be a big help.  Our old table also appeared like the NA zone, 2 loud 8 tops right behind the banquette.  I said to John I hope we lose this table.   Who knows what is next but I know we will eat.  N

It's unfortunate you lost your table and were treated so poorly by the dining room staff.  It would be nice if you could get your old wait staff back.

5 hours ago, kochleffel said:

There were no further pages for blood donors, but this morning a passenger was evacuated by helicopter.

That poor passenger!  I can't imagine how frightening the whole experience must be for them.  Meanwhile, I hope you are feeling much better.

4 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

If you're ever back in Edinburgh, or anyone reading this visits here, it's worth knowing that this building on St Andrew Square is a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland.  In fact it was the branch I used to bank in! 

It has a rather stunning ceiling in the main banking hall, and anyone can wander in for a look: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/dundas-house

image.png.b2250d8e75a54d73262e5b932e9daf49.png

Nice place to do your banking in!  Welcome to the Daily!

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Docs office just called, he should be good to go home at 1:30, so I will leave in 45 minutes to go get him.

I feed birds, and this time of year, I get to not only see the Blue Jay, but also the blue bird.  My dogwood tree yesterday was full of the blue birds.  I only see them when it gets COLD!  I wonder where they vacation.....

Bluebird 

image.thumb.png.51ae2d22cc85f2f37e19dc45a9e68f7c.png

Blue Jay

image.thumb.png.684b71aa10c88f8ac7e6c254fee89bac.png

What they are thinking-

image.png.2cd18b4636bbb10499d41cf85d9c4f89.png

So good to hear Chuck is now home and hopefully doing well.  I love the bird photos.  Bluebirds are one of my favorites because my Dad loved them.  He built me a bluebird house that I used for years and it hosted many bluebird families.  I could watch when the babies learned to fly.  They sort of hopped out onto the grass and kept practicing using their wings until they got the hang of it.  

I looked up where the winter bluebirds in Georgia come from.  Some live here year round, but bluebirds from southeastern Michigan to New Hampshire fly to Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina.  Around here they like to sit on the corners of the deck railings and look out towards the trees.  They usually leave a little evidence of their stop here unfortunately!😄

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny afternoon. Just got a message that Steve is on his way home 🤞

Good news for Steve!  I hope he continues to do okay and listens to Denise!

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like all 3 days. True quote. Maybe on the meal, maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Edinburgh. 2 big achievements in history. 

It's cold out and windy, with wind chill -8 earlier. I was surprised that the main school system here is closed; most did a 2 hour delay. I had an appointment this AM with the lymphedema clinic. I wear compression stockings, but with having to sit all the time now, I have more swelling. They wrapped both legs from the knees down, so now it's harder to move around, and I can't shower. I go back on Tuesday. I'm concerned about a Friday appointment with another doctor, as it's supposed to start snowing in the morning, with 2"-4" accumulation.

@grapau27 We missed seeing your posts.

@marshhawk Thinking of you and DH today as he has his procedure.

@Cruzin Terri I hope the podiatrist can figure out what's going on with your foot.

@ottahand7 Oh my, what a night you had. I hope the antibiotics help the bronchitis and that lowering the steroids stops the visions. 

@StLouisCruisers Great photos.

@Denise T Congrats on the improved FBS!

@cat shepard I only shoveled from the back door to the garage, but it was too much. I'll contact my guys who are doing the front, to also do that.

@smitty34877 I rode the Green Line all the time, while at BU.

@aliaschief Nice photos. Interesting corn kernels, and yummy Pisco Sour.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Excellent photos.

@kazu Sorry to hear there's so much ice around. Be careful! 

@fruitmachine Welcome to the Daily and thanks for the photos.

@Overhead Fred Nice photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, for your sake I sure hope the weather isn't as bad as expected Friday.  Don't take any chances in the snow.  I'm glad you'll be able to get the backyard shoveling taken care of for you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The house is clean and all the work moving my arm seems to have taken care of the soreness for yesterday's RSV vaccine.  The sun is trying to come out, but the sky still is gray, and it is windy.

Lenda do you want to come to my house net and make it sparkle 😂. Good to hear that your sorenes is dissipating 👍 

@marshhawk Annie good to hear that Chuck is home (by now).  Hoping the procedure did the trick for him 🙏 

@1ANGELCAT good news on Steve.  I hope he will listen to his wife and his doctors.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Hi to all.

i went to the Podiatrist today and he can’t figure out what’s going on.  I have to have an ultrasound on my right foot tomorrow.  Then he will see what is happening.

That’s all I know right now. 

So after a $35 co-pay I know just as much as i knew before I went to the foot doc,

More tomorrow.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi to all.

i went to the Podiatrist today and he can’t figure out what’s going on.  I have to have an ultrasound on my right foot tomorrow.  Then he will see what is happening.

So after a $35 co-pay I know just as much as i knew before I went to the foot doc,

More tomorrow.

Terri

Exactly how I felt after seeing the allergist yesterday.  Sometimes moving forward needs moving sideways first. m—

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good evening.  I'm in a funk tonight.  I found out today that we had lost two more members of our high school class.  One I knew fairly well.  The other was one of my best friends, and she was my bridesmaid.  Three of us did almost everything together.  After college, she moved away and basically left our home town behind.  For a few years we stayed in touch, then she quit replying to my letters. Ironically, she lived about 80 miles from us.

I got our lugga tags and boarding passes printed today.  It's gettin real now.  I guess I need to go through my clothes to find what fits and what I want to take.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Lenda do you want to come to my house net and make it sparkle 😂. Good to hear that your sorenes is dissipating 👍 

@marshhawk Annie good to hear that Chuck is home (by now).  Hoping the procedure did the trick for him 🙏 

@1ANGELCAT good news on Steve.  I hope he will listen to his wife and his doctors.

Jacqui, the house is cleaner but I don't know about sparkling.  As muvh as I don't like cleaning, I don't know if you could afford my services.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi to all.

More tomorrow.

Terri

Terri, I hope the ultrasound will give the Podiatrist some answers.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am sorry to hear of the loss of your classmates.  Even though you weren't in touch, they were important to you at some point in life.  

We have a birthday/retirement party Friday night for DB Bill and we're hosting the neighborhood winter/holiday party on Sunday.  After that I can get the suitcase out and figure out what I am bringing.  

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, dfish said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I am sorry to hear of the loss of your classmates.  Even though you weren't in touch, they were important to you at some point in life.  

We have a birthday/retirement party Friday night for DB Bill and we're hosting the neighborhood winter/holiday party on Sunday.  After that I can get the suitcase out and figure out what I am bringing.  

Thank you, Debbie.  There were three of us that did just about everything together in high school.  I wanted both to be bridesmaids in my wedding, but one had agreed to be in another friend's wedding the same day.  The three of us went in different directions after college, but two of us are still close even though we don't see each other often.  We've been friends since we were about 2 years old.  The sad thing is, we never knew why the third one disappeared from out lives.

You have a busy week with two parties.  You and Sue will definitely need a cruise.

Lenda

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser sorry about your loss. To me, it always feels different to lose someone from our childhood no matter the last time we had contact. Extra prayer and positive thoughts for you.

Thank you.  Interestingly, she lived in Arlington, and I didn't know it until today.

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  I'm in a funk tonight.  I found out today that we had lost two more members of our high school class.  One I knew fairly well.  The other was one of my best friends, and she was my bridesmaid.  Three of us did almost everything together.  After college, she moved away and basically left our home town behind.  For a few years we stayed in touch, then she quit replying to my letters. Ironically, she lived about 80 miles from us.

I got our lugga tags and boarding passes printed today.  It's gettin real now.  I guess I need to go through my clothes to find what fits and what I want to take.

Jacqui, the house is cleaner but I don't know about sparkling.  As muvh as I don't like cleaning, I don't know if you could afford my services.

Terri, I hope the ultrasound will give the Podiatrist some answers.

Lenda

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of 2 dear friends of yours from High school Lenda.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I am so sorry to hear this, Lenda 😞. So painful to lose two dear friends who were so much a part of your life 💔 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of 2 dear friends of yours from High school Lenda.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I am so sorry to hear this, Lenda 😞. So painful to lose two dear friends who were so much a part of your life 💔 

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda

Hold on to those memories. I hope they help ease your pain. 
Hugs. 

Ann

Thank you, Graham, Jacqui and Ann.  While I didn't know one of the classmates very well, the other one was a big part of my high school years.  I cherish the memories of the good times we had together.  Yes, they are comforting.

Lenda

• Like 6