LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Diamonds aren't allowed in the Crown Lounge during HH.

As long as they still let me in to hit up the coffee machine in the morning, I will be ok not getting in for happy hour as I don't usually drink at it anyway, but I will miss some of the appetizers. If my next 2 cruises go as planned I will be back in after they are over unless more changes are on the horizon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like 2 lobster nights.  Day 6 as well.  

That is what I thought I heard the waiter say tonight. So I guess I heard correctly.   Tonight's Maine  lobster 🦞 was great.   We will do it again on Day 6. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oops, here it is.

Everything was very good. We both had the filet mignon.

20240127_193136.thumb.jpg.d618f57001c5ee7bb7278dd4ca4cc31e.jpg

Pork belly

20240127_193627.thumb.jpg.e70b91d314681fce853b1c918d83defb.jpg

Arancini. She said it was new, but I thought I've seen it on a previous cruise menu. 🤷‍♀️

20240127_194335.thumb.jpg.8826c975921ff05c6d03a2d3de89188f.jpg

Filet mignon 

20240128_020848.thumb.jpg.d89e37aee0a17f91e6c5a11741692bb4.jpg

20240128_022521.thumb.jpg.bdf14e10bb4bc98d32c1240b4a360d49.jpg

Chocolate cake, strawberry and caramel sauce.

20240128_025050.thumb.jpg.fb742306aec27c90d1cd4bc84a7d3a38.jpg

CK bar. He said they were sill missing some things.

20240128_030042.thumb.jpg.750d73185ff379166141864d7846e3e6.jpg

Arancini before we cut into them. 

20240127_194042.thumb.jpg.f69764cc628c9bfadc9aeb7d0d50c53f.jpg

Maine lobster salad 

20240127_193614.jpg

20240127_190008.jpg

How was the lobster salad?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like 2 lobster nights.  Day 6 as well.  

How is the house band in the Music Hall and what is the venue like?  It was hard to tell from @FromSea2ShiningSea's pictures since she took them from the second floor. Is it more like a Quantum Music Hall?  It seems that way from the picture but is a little hard to tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

How is the house band in the Music Hall and what is the venue like?  It was hard to tell from @FromSea2ShiningSea's pictures since she took them from the second floor. Is it more like a Quantum Music Hall?  It seems that way from the picture but is a little hard to tell.

Best music hall yet, it's like the Q class just updated a bit and it's Phoenix, one of my favorite bands. Great selection of 80's rock

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, eroller said:

Is there a late night dance club?  What used to be called the disco?  With a DJ, dance floor, and great lighting that goes to the wee hours?   Maybe the Music Hall after hours?  Royal used to have dedicated nightclubs but no longer.  Curious what is used on ICON assuming they have such a venue.  I would think a ship this size would.  

Yes, the music hall is used as the late night dance club

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is what I thought I heard the waiter say tonight. So I guess I heard correctly.   Tonight's Maine  lobster 🦞 was great.   We will do it again on Day 6. 

We are at Chops tonight, going to see if they will bring us the lobster tail.  It would go nicely with the Wagyu filet.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi John and Sharon,    So happy to hear you are both enjoying your cruise.  Your cabin looks great with some nice features.    Size of a JS? 

Look forward to more photos, if you have time.     

Based on what I see on the mainland on the app you will have 2 lobster nights.    Tonight and night 6.

Enjoy🥰

The accessible balconies are the same size as the JS's

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It doesnt get any better.  They played last night from 12 - 1:30 and I was there till the end.  Tonight is 11 - 12:30

That was what I was like on Odyssey and Ovation... The venue and the quality of the band make all the difference in the world.  On Harmony in Dazzles in December I was there three times over two weeks. Which is low for me.  

Unless you are lucky enough to score the right seat it a really awkward venue with a lot of poor sight lines.  The band was pretty average too.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi John and Sharon,    So happy to hear you are both enjoying your cruise.  Your cabin looks great with some nice features.    Size of a JS? 

Look forward to more photos, if you have time.     

Based on what I see on the mainland on the app you will have 2 lobster nights.    Tonight and night 6.

Enjoy🥰

Thanks!

The room is considered an accessible OVB but is the size of a JS. So thankful Ken was able to find it for no extra cost!

Last October, while on Voyager,  Ken found an accessible OVB for us and our cruise friends got a JS.  Our accessible and their JS was the same size.  The one we are in on Icon now seems more open than Voyager. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the music hall is used as the late night dance club

Thank you.  I also love 80’s.  On the QUANTUM inaugural The Wild Boys played in the Music Hall.  Absolutely amazing and all 80’s.  They would have been awesome on ICON.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, exm said:

Might be too early to ask but how does this compare to Oasis Class ships so far?

The same but different is the how I view it. One can see the influence Oasis class had on the design as far as Central Park and Surfside are concerned. The promenade has Odyssey written all over it from one end to the other. The Pearl and pool decks are all new and different than anything we have seen. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Regarding the Crown Lounge… If I understand correctly, there is no longer a diamond lounge and only D+ and P are allowed in during happy hour, but are diamonds still allowed in at other times (mornings for coffees)?
Also has anyone experienced a chefs table or have seen one offered?  Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

Finally caught up!  Hoping to sail on this ship—eventually!  Maybe next year. 

Thank you for the OVB accessible cabin video and photos. My husband uses a rental scooter (from Special Needs at Sea) to get around the ship, but not in the cabin. Is the fridge really as low as shown in the video?  We both have balance issues, so bending over that far to access water, etc., is not going to work for us. Maybe a medical fridge would be placed on the vanity/desk?  

I may have to bring my “grabby” stick!

Y’all have fun!  Have a Caribbean Mule or Margarita for me!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, maudde said:

Regarding the Crown Lounge… If I understand correctly, there is no longer a diamond lounge and only D+ and P are allowed in during happy hour, but are diamonds still allowed in at other times (mornings for coffees)?
Also has anyone experienced a chefs table or have seen one offered?  Thank you and enjoy your cruise!

As far as I know yes

44 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Finally caught up!  Hoping to sail on this ship—eventually!  Maybe next year. 

Thank you for the OVB accessible cabin video and photos. My husband uses a rental scooter (from Special Needs at Sea) to get around the ship, but not in the cabin. Is the fridge really as low as shown in the video?  We both have balance issues, so bending over that far to access water, etc., is not going to work for us. Maybe a medical fridge would be placed on the vanity/desk?  

I may have to bring my “grabby” stick!

Y’all have fun!  Have a Caribbean Mule or Margarita for me!

Thanks for making it over!

Sharon just went over, clicked a couple pics and measured. 

The fridge is about on the floor.   The handle on the top right is 20 inches off the floor. 

Notice the slant in the floor.  The floor lifts as it heads to the balcony to make it easy to get in and out.  On another thread someone showed that you can ride your wheelchair out.  I haven't tried it ..... yet.

Frig1_211317.thumb.jpg.9071a2e114c6e34c56f8c9b96b6146ab.jpg

The upper shelf is 10 inches from the floor.   The bottom shelf is 6 inches from the floor. 

Frig2_211333.thumb.jpg.6fa7f63badc46a3b0d07b8dc7cb09985.jpg

I thought about getting a medical fridge to keep my Boost colder. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, exm said:

Might be too early to ask but how does this compare to Oasis Class ships so far?

To add to my previous post the Aquadome is a combination of the Solarium and Aqua Theater. With the Bistro being replaced with Aquadome Market Place. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We just saw the Wizard Of Oz. It was very good and they got a standing ovation. It was an hour and 45 minutes long so it was a little too long for me, but worth it. Weren't supposed to take any pictures, but I'm sure they will pop up out there. I saw people taking videos and pictures. When the tornado came by, there was a very strong breeze that swept over the audience. It made my straw move in my pina colada drink. Also, when it snowed, snow aka suds came down on us and quiet a bit. I was going to take a picture of Mike with it all over his head, but he wiped it off before I could get my phone out.

20240128_141551.thumb.jpg.c7d4f7b0cf3d062798536d62f5d27c6e.jpg

20240128_140517.thumb.jpg.350dea2e3c09f5f467bffda42379062f.jpg

We were there too!  We also thought it was good and agree it was a little to long. 

Can't believe people were taking pics.  Well I did take one at the beginning showing Dorothy on here cell phone.  😆 Listening to the storm warnings.

Dor1_145512.thumb.jpg.5f54378b364496fa8b3b3edafd223fec.jpg

Oh and after Toto was taken.

Totogone1_151129.thumb.jpg.4f2e7ad155a125babf2b667d6c4af5ba.jpg

And then decides to run away.

Runaway1_151410.thumb.jpg.224010ab0ad2691a2594f2fba616c676.jpg

RunAway2_151516.thumb.jpg.713ee78e11a68cbefdd3bf1aee761c8e.jpg

And decides to go home and the storm hits! 

Storm_151655.thumb.jpg.4b706ec6152d780925dfc813607f1497.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

I love that ONE picture

Oh, the scarecrow? Me too. He was sooo good none of the others could hold a match to him.

SC1_153053.thumb.jpg.46d426fb6d24a25f9c7e1b95c9b648d9.jpg

Did you hear he won an award?  He was so humble when he got it.  He said, "Hay, I'm honored. 

Sc2award_162619.thumb.jpg.69f56c0a067beec159cf70dac2569bd9.jpg

He reminded me of my scarecrow back home, outstanding in his field!

• Like 3
  • Haha 22