LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

36 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good good morning!  Turned clock back one hour last night.  Sure needed that extra hour sleep.

IMG_8036.thumb.jpeg.d400adc3a56d7bd808dd1ff459a90e23.jpeg

IMG_8039.thumb.jpeg.8a96d2cae6cba61a03dba5cd02e9ab4d.jpeg

IMG_8054.thumb.jpeg.8402361c12ad8624f5c050e6990c7aac.jpeg

IMG_8055.thumb.jpeg.af4aeb1b9483fb414d4b78250e4fca2f.jpeg

IMG_8058.thumb.jpeg.e3fecfd541e487749261730ce8a038c5.jpeg

IMG_8065.thumb.jpeg.ad41bd8805d740d3c06301f81da44830.jpeg

IMG_8070.thumb.jpeg.829507d81c54d6668c2240e090ac1f54.jpeg

Beautiful sunrise pics. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Yes we were hoping to at least get him to St Thomas which is our next stop. Thanks and hope everything is good with you. 

All good here. Hope your friends made it back to the States safely. 

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sail away from St. Thomas. All the years I've been carrying a fan, I never thought to bring it out on the balcony. It's hot out here.

This is the decadent life. ❤️

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Best Flowrider in the Fleet.  Steeper pitch, higher pressure no seams.  Toby is spending 6 to 8 hours a day working on his Ollie's and Shuv its.

Looks great. Only problem, just one wave. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

What do they call the move where he flips back his hair with his hands? 😜  Ah, to be young again...and have hair.  We need an Andrew vs. Toby competition on an upcoming cruise!

So long as I get the age advantage I’m up for it. As for the hair flip, it might be a Canadian thing. Owen and I do it as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Still not seeing the crowds that I expected. Empty loungers (not even a towel on them), empty tables.

The Aqua Theater seating looks VERY uncomfortable (seems to be a theme on this ship).

Not sure that I'd ever want a Surfside balcony cabin on this ship. There seems to be a lot of not very soothing noise and not much to look at for enjoyment.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do all these videos with commentary! You are giving us all an amazing overview of the ship.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Things such as this are just horribly thought out ...Or , maybe it's brilliant ?

Are there that many "Star and Pinnacle" that simply want their own space to feel special , to the point that they can be given the least comfortable and functional chairs , and that is irrelevant ?

...:classic_unsure:   ?

Why do you think it’s about feeling special? It’s a benefit for the cabin they booked or for the C & A loyalty tier. Are you even diamond? Does getting free drinks make you feel special? If we don’t get there early enough to get a seat, then 9 times out of 10 there will be a pinnacle seat for us. This is the first ship that I’ve seen them in a different color and not the same as the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why do you think it’s about feeling special? It’s a benefit for the cabin they booked or for the C & A loyalty tier. Are you even diamond? Does getting free drinks make you feel special? If we don’t get there early enough to get a seat, then 9 times out of 10 there will be a pinnacle seat for us. This is the first ship that I’ve seen them in a different color and not the same as the others.

How does the show seating work for sky, star, pinnacle members members? Do they even make a reservation or just show up and displace non-status members from their seats?

12 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

comfortable and functional chairs ,

For years I have complained about the chairs on all the ships, hate those little wicker chairs they used for the promenade, so painful!  Does ANYBODY ever sit in them before they buy a thousand of them???  But even the slatted benches in Aqua Dome look extremely uncomfortable!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Okay here is the Aquadome

When you get down to the solarium, how much of that noise filters down from the aqua dome?  One thing I always enjoy, is the peaceful atmosphere in the solarium. 

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Still not seeing the crowds that I expected. Empty loungers (not even a towel on them), empty tables.

Spacing out activities/pools/all day free food options on multiple decks I think will have a benefit.  Having both the kid's pool area and food away from the main pool deck should free up a lot.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When you get down to the solarium, how much of that noise filters down from the aqua dome?  One thing I always enjoy, is the peaceful atmosphere in the solarium. 

I am in the process of downloading that portion now, but there is no Solarium per se just the overlook. However not much noise.

10 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

I am in the process of downloading that portion now, but there is no Solarium per se just the overlook. However not much noise.

Sorry, I thought at the end of the second video you said it was the solarium, but you said it was on oasis and quantum class. 

That is disappointing if they don’t have a solarium.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I am confused at your response to my post , as I was merely responding to your apparent dislike for the seating offered you as your 'Tier Benefit'.....Agreed , Royal should do better !

ReneeFLL

• ReneeFLL"Live from...."Rare
  • February 15, 2011
  • Ft. Lauderdale

"Star and Pinnacle seating in the Royal Theater. No thanks. They are the white chairs with no drink holders. They aren't that comfortable either"

My point would be that as a pinnacle benefit Royal should absolutely provide a preferred Seat and not just a token area , that by your observation is less comfortable and less functional seating .
Hope you enjoy the rest of your week 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Aqua Theater seating looks VERY uncomfortable (seems to be a theme on this ship).

Not sure that I'd ever want a Surfside balcony cabin on this ship. There seems to be a lot of not very soothing noise and not much to look at for enjoyment.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do all these videos with commentary! You are giving us all an amazing overview of the ship.

first there are 1K kids on board, or so we have been lead to believe, they will not take up many loungers as they cannot sit still!!!!!

I will comment on chairs when I am home, as I do not want to walk-the-plank!!!

Ditto on the Surfside cabins

And I am having a blast doing this, since this is my first time. But there is a group here that we all got together before hand off the roll call to do this corporately. And everyone has been fantastic in their contributions.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got to Deck 16.  

Lots of room when we walked out.

20240201_110702.thumb.jpg.983a20ee7345bc4c6e2c6dd20075ab40.jpg

And extra where we laid out.   

20240201_111839.thumb.jpg.2fe8992917cb1fd94842992133850c58.jpg

I haven't posted the feet yet.  I get chilly easy thus the towel.  Hot sun but windy. 

20240201_111948.thumb.jpg.eb2e5c608782690465ab3ffff1af4471.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Best Flowrider in the Fleet.  Steeper pitch, higher pressure no seams.  Toby is spending 6 to 8 hours a day working on his Ollie's and Shuv its.

Wow, he’s great! Will Icon have a Best of competition on Friday? He could be the first one to sign the Icon board if he wins! 

How are the lines, considering there’s only 1 flowrider?

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Here is the Crown Edge, the first video is from deck 16 and second is from deck 17

That's the whole "ride"  just that little bit?  Or is there more to it?  I can't imagine paying $90 for a quick swing about. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BRSPelham said:

That's the whole "ride"  just that little bit?  Or is there more to it?  I can't imagine paying $90 for a quick swing about. 

Yep that’s it but you are 17 stories above the ocean