LIVE!!! ICON OF THE SEAS INAUGURAL

5 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm stickin with Cloud 17, looked much quieter and more adult like than the Hideaway and nobody blocking your view at the glass!  No kids either.  Just like I suspected, kids are elsewhere.

I agree. I need a place to get away from all that noise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I found a shaved ribeye sandwich at Cococay. 

20240202_113702.thumb.jpg.8d4abc2c4f848f2189b783bd95757c9e.jpg

I'm looking forward to the food offerings on Coco Cay. Everything I've seen or read seems like it is so much better than the food at Labadee.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

"ovi g this aft balcony."

Apparently loving the champagne too!.  😉

I never leave home without champagne. Well, at least not while I have my purse if it. 😁

20240202_172421.thumb.jpg.28728015433ae160e5f6a7e97d5bc5fb.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 15

On 1/27/2024 at 12:00 PM, Orange jeep said:

Hi to all you on Icon!  Any pics of inside handicap accessible cabins would be appreciated.

Here is a Youtube video that has some footage of a balcony accessible cabin - it's towards the end of the video.  I know it's not an inside, but chances are it will be similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Sitting here at Coco Cay looking at the Mariner berthed next us a was suddenly stricken by the departure RC has made with the launch of the Icon. Gone is the one feature that set a RC ship apart from the other lines, the Viking Crown is no more. Since it’s beginning the Viking Crown was the major external focal point of this cruise line now it seems just the color scheme is all that is left. Nostalgia over comes me this morning. 

That was my go-to place on the ship. I miss it. Why take away one of the only places that you can quietly watch the sea in all weather on a cruise ship? Isn't the sea a main draw for others too? Iwas wondering if the pod area in the aquadome has enough seating to replace it. I guess you just answered my question- not a replacement.

• Like 2

Hi! I don’t post much but am on here everyday reading and researching.  Do you think you prefer the Icon over Oasis class?  I know they are two totally different classes of ships- but wondered your thoughts at this point which you “prefer”?   Thank you so much for taking us along, it has been so fun to see the Icon and experience it with you! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobInMN said:

It didn't start with Icon, the Viking Crown doesn't exist on the Quantum class either.

I also miss it.

On Wonder, that location is now a suite and pinnacle neighborhood or lounge .Very Disappointing.

For anyone who has now sailed ICON, can you tell me how long it was to disembark when you returned to Miami?  Wondering what time to have a car arrive for pickup to the airport? Thank you!

42 minutes ago, budmeister said:

That was my go-to place on the ship. I miss it. Why take away one of the only places that you can quietly watch the sea in all weather on a cruise ship? Isn't the sea a main draw for others too? Iwas wondering if the pod area in the aquadome has enough seating to replace it. I guess you just answered my question- not a replacement.

We were on one cruise on Freedom where it rained almost all week. Having the Viking Crown Lounge was so nice. It was quiet during the day and the view... well I don't need to explain it to you as you already know.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MVoelker said:

For anyone who has now sailed ICON, can you tell me how long it was to disembark when you returned to Miami?  Wondering what time to have a car arrive for pickup to the airport? Thank you!

I think you will have to wait a little for an accurate assessment.  The first two cruises were non-revenue cruises and had very low passenger count.  That'll make disembarkation much quicker.  This is the first revenue sailing and it is only 80% so even this one might not be indicative or your cruise unless you are on one of the next few cruises before they ramp up capacity.

3 hours ago, budmeister said:

The long and short answer is no. The pods seat about4 maybe 6 and there are only 3 I believe. Just taking away some history is never a good thing. Just my opinion

3 hours ago, Bellacruz54 said:

Hi! I don’t post much but am on here everyday reading and researching.  Do you think you prefer the Icon over Oasis class?  I know they are two totally different classes of ships- but wondered your thoughts at this point which you “prefer”?   Thank you so much for taking us along, it has been so fun to see the Icon and experience it with you! 

I am going to do a review when I get home that will include all my observations and a few opinions. This will be apart of that as we love Oasis class so should be interesting. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3