Where to find good coffee

ljhershey

Any thoughts on where to get good coffee other than purchasing at the International Cafe.  In the past Lido coffee was not very good.  How does MDR coffee and room service coffee stack up?  Any secret sources on board??

3 minutes ago, ljhershey said:

Any thoughts on where to get good coffee other than purchasing at the International Cafe.  In the past Lido coffee was not very good.  How does MDR coffee and room service coffee stack up?  Any secret sources on board??

Just noted….. Best to bring one’s own French Press and cruise supply of good coffee.

7 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Just noted….. Best to bring one’s own French Press and cruise supply of good coffee.

Yes.  I was also thinking about Starbucks Via packs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ljhershey said:

What ship?  Every ship we’ve been on since March 2023 has had Lavazza in the Lido, IC and the MDR’s. 
They should be in all the ships by now.  Good ground coffee.…

No more syrup stuff!

You might ask someone on a current Ruby roll call or a live thread. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

If you have one of the plus fares coffee at the International Cafe is included. Without a package I.C. brewed coffee is somewhere around $3. It is supposed to be LaVazza coffee. I don't have the current price list.

Royal Class ships have drip coffee prepared from grinds in the buffet area. It is decent. This coffee is also served in the DRs and for room service. Many of the Grand Class ships have also converted their buffet coffee to the drip coffee. What ship? Some of the older ships have converted as mentioned.  

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

If you have one of the plus fares coffee at the International Cafe is included. Without a package I.C. brewed coffee is somewhere around $3. It is supposed to be LaVazza coffee. I don't have the current price list.

Royal Class ships have drip coffee prepared from grinds in the buffet area. It is decent. This coffee is also served in the DRs and for room service. Many of the Grand Class ships have also converted their buffet coffee to the drip coffee. What ship? Some of the older ships have converted as mentioned.  

Ruby Princess.  It just had a drydock so maybe there will be better coffee... certainly would be nice!

Thanks for the info!

I can't personally verify it, but someone told me that the barista in the Pastry shop (in Horizon food court) is the best one on the ship.  Your milage will vary!

I just went to the coffee machine in the food court and refilled my travel mug.

3 hours ago, ljhershey said:

Yes.  I was also thinking about Starbucks Via packs.

Actually, I have tried those in decaf and they are really good! Our "Big Box" store has "regular" in the store and the decaf can be ordered online. Both cost less than at Starbucks.

3 hours ago, hlperez said:

You can also get good coffee at the Live Cafe on deck 7 on the Royal Class ships.

I know the Live Cafe on the Sky has an espresso machine as well and it is often not a s long of a wait. DH also gets his hot cocoa there.

2 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Bring your own and request a kettle for the cabin.

Kettles are usually not permitted except on British Isles cruises (and maybe down under). It is a fascinating concept- they are not dangerous in certain areas 🤪

• Like 1

I think the room service coffee is pretty good. We have a package for the next trip that includes specialty coffee and I'm interested in trying that since I've had it before.

2 hours ago, nazpaz said:

I can't personally verify it, but someone told me that the barista in the Pastry shop (in Horizon food court) is the best one on the ship.  Your milage will vary!

I just went to the coffee machine in the food court and refilled my travel mug.

I guess it would help if I added the ship: Regal Princess 

Anything beats the old syrup. I just watched a Ruby video with Lavazza urns out, so no more syrup there. If you have Plus, the IC even has cans of Lavazza cold brew. If you don't like Lavazza, an Aeropress is portable and can make strong espresso-like coffee or regular brew, just bring a thermos and fill it with hot water from the buffet. 

On our recent Majestic cruise, barista coffee was available in the Princess Live Cafe, at The Catch by Rudi in the morning (we often sat just outside and had a cuppa) and via the Medallion app in the buffet (and delivery was surprisingly fast).