Medallion no longer shipped to home?

YWW

We just signed up a Princess cruise on Royal Princess this summer and we ordered the medallion on the app but the medallion order didn't give me an option to ship it to home. It told me to pick up the medallion at the terminal using the Blue Lane whereas in 2021 and 2022 when we did the Princess cruises, the medallion was mailed to home. Has Princess quit mailing out the medallion to home? I'm Elite status.

Shipping to your home is still available...IF you opt for the Plus or Premier package.  You could also ask your TA or whomever is handling your booking about it.

Otherwise, picking your medallion up when you are checking in at the pier is now the standard.

I signed up to have the medallion shipped for my June cruise when I booked in September.  It seems strange that Princess would randomly change.  The website is tricky to navigate.  If possible, I suggest playing around on the website to see if you can order them.  I have no personal experience arrive at the port without the Medallion.  Some have said it is easy to get it at the port, others complained about the wait.  

I had trouble ordering our medallions on the app. It would let me order mine but not my husbands. Our travel agent did it for us and it will be shipped to our home. We did this on 1/8. I hope this helps!

Another option I just learned about is using the "web version" of the app on my laptop. I was not able to book dining reservations on the app on my phone but it was very easy to do it on my laptop. You may want to try it because it doesn't seem to be as glitchy as the app. I hope this helps!

52 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

I have no personal experience arrive at the port without the Medallion.  Some have said it is easy to get it at the port, others complained about the wait.  

I've gotten the medallion at the port twice.  Once in Southampton and once in Civitivecchia.  Each time it was smooth as silk.  No delays of any type.  I can't speak for Port Everglades or Seattle or other ports, but the difference between Green and Blue lanes is negligible. 

37 minutes ago, skynight said:

I have the same issue. I can't get the program to accept to mail the medallion. I am in the U.S. I just gave up. 

I just spent 40 minutes with the Princess Medallion rep on this issue. Unfortunately free shipment of medallion is NO LONGER available except for cruisers with PLUS or PREMIER packages. However, the cruisers without signing up any of the above premium pkgs can still pay $10 to ship to home which allows you to board using the GREEN lane instead of the BLUE lane. The rep also said the GREEN lane will have priority boarding over other colors. Bottom line is Princess is nickel and diming everything now to increase the bottom line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

I've gotten the medallion at the port twice.  Once in Southampton and once in Civitivecchia.  Each time it was smooth as silk.  No delays of any type.  I can't speak for Port Everglades or Seattle or other ports, but the difference between Green and Blue lanes is negligible. 

I can speak for Brooklyn, Port Everglades and San Pedro and you are quite correct, the added "inconvenience" is negligible. I could have held my breath for the length of time it took us to walk over to the Medallion counter and stand there while they retrieved our pucks. No issues at all.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, YWW said:

I just spent 40 minutes with the Princess Medallion rep on this issue. Unfortunately free shipment of medallion is NO LONGER available except for cruisers with PLUS or PREMIER packages. However, the cruisers without signing up any of the above premium pkgs can still pay $10 to ship to home which allows you to board using the GREEN lane instead of the BLUE lane. The rep also said the GREEN lane will have priority boarding over other colors. Bottom line is Princess is nickel and diming everything now to increase the bottom line.

However, 
the $10 fee has been in effect for some time,

not new to the new Princess App.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thinfool said:

Shipping to your home is still available...IF you opt for the Plus or Premier package.  You could also ask your TA or whomever is handling your booking about it.

Otherwise, picking your medallion up when you are checking in at the pier is now the standard.

You should still be able to "opt in" for the $10 shipping...

• Like 1

We had this issue on our recent Discovery cruise - for some reason when my DH completed our boarding information process, he said it didn't give him the option. However, my daughter and son-in-law who were on the same cruise were able to get it shipped. Neither of us had the package. They were able to literally walk right on the ship. We, however, stood in an packed, hour long, crowded line at San Pedro, to pick up our medallions because Princess no longer offered a Suite/Elite line as we have experienced in past cruises. Never again! I made sure that we got our medallions ordered and paid the $10 for our upcoming cruise this summer. I don't know what the secret sauce was on the app when I did that made it work, but I will not pick up the medallions at port ever again. If you aren't finding it working on the app, go out and try again later, call Princess, call your travel agent, reload the app, or get your teenage child or grandchild to assist. Mailing is still available for non-package passengers at a charge and I would very much recommend you find a way to make it happen because like many of you, I didn't think it would be an issue picking it up at port. But it was a giant pain and did not lend itself to a fun or relaxing beginning to our cruise.

• Thanks 2

The $10 is annoying, but it covers everyone in the cabin. We were sailing (standard pacakge) with our son on our recent Regal cruise and $10 shipped all 3 of our Medallions (even though they came in 2 separate packages).

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, MommaK2D2 said:

If you have 2 cabins can they ship all the medallions for both in one $10 package ir do you have to pay for a pack for each room?

Are both cabins under one booking number and if not, you maybe charge twice. I suggest contacting Princess 

On 1/24/2024 at 12:07 PM, YWW said:

If you're supposedly Elite status you must have cruised when you picked up your cruise card at check in.  It's the same thing with the medallion. 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:07 PM, YWW said:

That is quite old news - the $10 fee.  As for priority, Green lane should move faster, but that is also dependent on the ratio of Green vs Blue guests for each sailing.  As for getting onto the ship, the Lane does not define priority - that is based on Captain Circle Member Level and cabin category (Suites get priority regardless of Member level, for example).  The priority groupings matter PRIOR to the ship being open for boarding.  Arriving after general boarding has begin pretty much depends on how fast you get through security and check-in (green/blue/gray).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Are both cabins under one booking number and if not, you maybe charge twice. I suggest contacting Princess 

Cannot have two cabins under one booking number.  The system is going to bill for each booking $10.  Not sure if a call to PCL would allow combining for one fee.

You have to have all other travel information entered including passport number, picture, cc, etc before the mail to your home button is active if you have plus or premium.

If this was done, then you got me what could be wrong. Last week, we were able to click on mail to home.

Do they ship your medallions if you are on a Europe cruise? I’m Canadian, our cruises last year we had to pick up (Fort Lauderdale and Vancouver), I didn’t think it took that much longer. Now they will mail them to us Canadians, but we are booked on a Mediterranean cruise next year leaving from Civitavvecia, and the option is not there. Perhaps because it’s over a year away, I don’t know.

1 hour ago, rocker57 said:

Do they ship your medallions if you are on a Europe cruise? I’m Canadian, our cruises last year we had to pick up (Fort Lauderdale and Vancouver), I didn’t think it took that much longer. Now they will mail them to us Canadians, but we are booked on a Mediterranean cruise next year leaving from Civitavvecia, and the option is not there. Perhaps because it’s over a year away, I don’t know.

Canadian here: I ordered ours in December. Charged $15 on app. Credit card billed this week for $20 CAD.  Feb 18/24 Regal cruise.

I will continue to pick up at terminal after this.

5 minutes ago, dog said:

Canadian here: I ordered ours in December. Charged $15 on app. Credit card billed this week for $20 CAD.  Feb 18/24 Regal cruise.

I will continue to pick up at terminal after this.

They charge you in US currency then you add another 40% on top of that 😂

On 1/24/2024 at 3:07 PM, YWW said:

I just check my Plus Package and there is no mention of free shipping. Furthermore, the Premier Package had no free shipping mention. What happen, it was there some time ago. 

correction - it’s listed in my travel summary as free shipping

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how the medallions are shipped.  I just ordered mine through a Princess representative and they couldn’t take my PO Box address they wanted my physical address.  I’m concerned because if it’s shipped through the US POSTAL service I usually get my mail at the PO BOX.