Medallion no longer shipped to home?

YWW

12 minutes ago, Leeag said:

Does anyone know how the medallions are shipped.  I just ordered mine through a Princess representative and they couldn’t take my PO Box address they wanted my physical address.  I’m concerned because if it’s shipped through the US POSTAL service I usually get my mail at the PO BOX.

Ours arrived through the US postal service last week.

15 minutes ago, Leeag said:

Does anyone know how the medallions are shipped.  I just ordered mine through a Princess representative and they couldn’t take my PO Box address they wanted my physical address.  I’m concerned because if it’s shipped through the US POSTAL service I usually get my mail at the PO BOX.

I read somewhere on Princess website that they can’t ship to a PO Box address. I’ll keep looking. I know it’s there somewhere. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I read somewhere on Princess website that they can’t ship to a PO Box address. I’ll keep looking. I know it’s there somewhere. 

I was just thinking the same.  I saw it somewhere, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocker57 said:

Do they ship your medallions if you are on a Europe cruise? I’m Canadian, our cruises last year we had to pick up (Fort Lauderdale and Vancouver), I didn’t think it took that much longer. Now they will mail them to us Canadians, but we are booked on a Mediterranean cruise next year leaving from Civitavvecia, and the option is not there. Perhaps because it’s over a year away, I don’t know.

The itinerary should not matter. We routinely get ours shipped to our home for Southampton departures.  The ship to address just has to be either US or Canada. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 12:07 PM, YWW said:

I just spent 40 minutes with the Princess Medallion rep on this issue. 

That is probably a lot more time than you would spend in the blue lane.   🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leeag said:

I have seen the package and it was placed in a small mailbox at our condo in FL.  I have seen similar size P.O. boxes.  I really don't see why it would be an issue since USPS is the carrier and not a courier service.  But PCL policy may not support that.

8 hours ago, Bru92 said:

Ours arrived through the US postal service last week.

8 hours ago, DHP1 said:

7 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I was just thinking the same.  I saw it somewhere, too.

Yes, I think I have read the same, although with the new packaging and coming via USPS, it seems an outdated policy. 

I think the first set of Medallions I had shipped to our pre-cruise hotel in FLL (2019 at least) came via FedEx.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I think the first set of Medallions I had shipped to our pre-cruise hotel in FLL (2019 at least) came via FedEx.

Yes...when the medallion was first introduced, ours always came FedEx.

17 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Plus package here, green lane and the only option is ship to port. Don’t know what’s up with up that, but not surprised. At all. 

I was getting that notification as well last week so didn’t finalize it.  I just went back in yesterday and bingo!  I got it shipped to my home.  I have found that if there is an issue in the app, I wait a couple of days and it all gets solved.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I was getting that notification as well last week so didn’t finalize it.  I just went back in yesterday and bingo!  I got it shipped to my home.  I have found that if there is an issue in the app, I wait a couple of days and it all gets solved.  

Thank you.  I checked again yesterday (based on what I read here) and it just states that the medallion order was already placed. So far, I can see nothing that contradicts what we saw weeks ago that states it would be shipped to the port. 

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you.  I checked again yesterday (based on what I read here) and it just states that the medallion order was already placed. So far, I can see nothing that contradicts what we saw weeks ago that states it would be shipped to the port. 

Sorry to hear it.  Hopefully, the blue line won’t be too intense.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

My medallion has just been shipped. Email today.

FWIW, I used a worldwide tracking consolidator called Parcelsapp.com to track my shipment starting two days after I received the Ocean Notifications Email from Princess on Jan 10. I was able to follow it every step of the way from China to Singapore then through Canadian Customs to a company in Mississauga called Citilogistics, who shipped it here to Montreal via Canada Post. The tracking number on the original notification automatically opened up a USPS website when I clicked it but never showed anything at all, no details found etc. The box arrived in a blue Princess Seawitch bubble envelope with no other external shipping labels at all save a Canada Post label. "Electronic information submitted by shipper" 12 Jan, delivered here on 22 Jan. Longest delays were when it bounced around Toronto for 8 days.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what happens if you order a special one, like the art showing on it and you lose it, do they give that one on board or just the standard circle color?  Also does it print your dates on it, or just name .  How does that work if you do a Back to Back

4 minutes ago, spedteach said:

Does anyone know what happens if you order a special one, like the art showing on it and you lose it, do they give that one on board or just the standard circle color?  Also does it print your dates on it, or just name .  How does that work if you do a Back to Back

If you lose your medallion, yes they will replace it onboard with a new one and your name and cruise date is printed on it.  I’m pretty sure it will just be your standard color but it never hurts to ask while you are getting your new one.  It’s my understanding that the face of it is just a heavy sticker anyway.  You keep the same medallion on a B2B.  Sometimes, it loses power and you will need to get a new one but it’s rare for that to happen on a two week cruise .. maybe more like after a month.  

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, I used a worldwide tracking consolidator called Parcelsapp.com to track my shipment starting two days after I received the Ocean Notifications Email from Princess on Jan 10. I was able to follow it every step of the way from China to Singapore then through Canadian Customs to a company in Mississauga called Citilogistics, who shipped it here to Montreal via Canada Post. The tracking number on the original notification automatically opened up a USPS website when I clicked it but never showed anything at all, no details found etc. The box arrived in a blue Princess Seawitch bubble envelope with no other external shipping labels at all save a Canada Post label. "Electronic information submitted by shipper" 12 Jan, delivered here on 22 Jan. Longest delays were when it bounced around Toronto for 8 days.

Message says Canada Post delivery tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, dog said:

Message says Canada Post delivery tomorrow.

I thought you received the notification today, doesn't that mean that they will deliver it  all the way from China in two days?

Edited by lx200gps

24 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I thought you received the notification today, doesn't that mean that they will deliver it  all the way from China in two days?

Notification from Princess was Saturday.

Tracking link on Sunday says Canada Post delivery tomorrow.

cannot see route-

Edited by dog

30 minutes ago, dog said:

Notification from Princess was Saturday.

Tracking link on Sunday says Canada Post delivery tomorrow.

cannot see route-

What happens if you put your tracking number into the web site?  That's when I was able to track it from start to finish over the 10 days it took to arrive here in Montreal

https://parcelsapp.com/

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

What happens if you put your tracking number into the web site?  That's when I was able to track it from start to finish over the 10 days it took to arrive here in Montreal

https://parcelsapp.com/

It really doesn’t matter to me.

Canada Post says updated today at 2:38 pm

expected delivery tomorrow.

The delivery preference does not work.

By the way the notification was found in my Trash folder.

Just now, dog said:

It really doesn’t matter to me.

Canada Post says updated today at 2:38 pm

expected delivery tomorrow.

The delivery preference does not work.

By the way the notification was found in my Trash folder.

Signing off then. Have a great cruise.