The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 29th, 2024

kazu

Today is Curmudgeons Day, Freethinkers Day, and National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day

Always forgive your enemies

Meal Suggestion for today - Slow-Cooker Honey-Orange Chicken Drumsticks
Drink of the Day - Elderberry Martini
Wine of the Day - Raats Family 2019 Dolomite Cabernet Franc (Stellenbosch)
Destination of the Day - Buenos Aires, Argentina,

Today in History:
1595 William Shakespeare's play "Romeo and Juliet" is thought to have been first performed. Officially published early 1597.
1886 Karl Benz patents the "Benz Patent-Motorwagen" in Karlsruhe, Germany, the world's 1st automobile with a burning motor
1892 The Coca-Cola Company is incorporated in Atlanta, Georgia

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Kralendijk Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00 

Koningsdam

Ensenada, Baja California Mexico 15:00 - 23:59 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Tortola Island BVI, Road Town, UK Virgin Islands eta 01-30

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Costa Maya, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya eta 01-30

Oosterdam

Buenos Aires, Argentina - 

Rotterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00 

Zaandam

Panama Canal 

Zuiderdam

Manzanillo, Mexico Riviera 12:00 - 21:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Lyttelton-Christchurch, New Zealand eta 01-31

Volendam

Brisbane, Queensland Australia 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Da Nang, Hue, Vietnam 07:00 - 23:

• Like 19
  • Thanks 20
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Welcome to a new week, hope it's a good one.  Cloudy and cool here with a chance of flurries, not bad for January.

Great days.  Some days I feel like a curmudgeon, free thinking can often be a good thing and who doesn't love bubble wrap?

Great quote, but sometimes hard to accomplish.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I think I'll pass on the cocktail but I'd like to try the wine.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures and comments.

Prayers for our world.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

Ger_77’s DH Maurice having breathlessness; getting changes in meds/PM

RMLincon’s DH going to see NJ Ophthalmologist

Vict0riann’s DH Pat having nosebleeds

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms and frigid temperatures

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

Rafinmd with elevated PSA and foot ulcer

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues, medication allergy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage 0106 (Tina)!

Happy Birthday Hal Sailer (Melisa)!

Cruzin Terri flying to Miami

RMLincoln’d DH’s doing well after eye surgery

HAL Sailer’s DH helped by his epidural injection

Superoma covering the Daily meal recipe while dfish is cruising

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for summer slope (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

1 day for Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

1 day for Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

1 day for Dfish (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, with Sue

2 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Jan 31 to Feb 11) 11d Windward Islands Explorer Miami to Miami

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer),Tupper10 (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 9d Southern Caribbean), 0106 (Oosterdam to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica, Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 19

Good morning from Bonaire.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports and the maps each day.  Prayers for everyone on our care list and those in war zones.    

Bon voyage @0106! 🍾🛳️

I have a lot of photos of today's port and will try to post them after we go ashore.  

IMG_20240129_053901920.jpg

IMG_20240129_060850339_HDR.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda

Cool morning in the mid 50s with a high of only 66

I will be celebrating Curmudgeon Day as I can go that route once in awhile

Tough quote, some enemies are hard to forgive

Pass on the drumsticks

Early tee time today

Have a great day and stay well

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  Today it's only 40F outside but will rise to 53 with afternoon sunshine.  We could use a little drying out.  I hope the weather is good where you are!

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the maps.  We appreciate you!  Interesting and varied days to recognize - curmudgeons, freethinkers and bubble wrap.  Curmudgeons aren't very positive, but freethinkers can think outside the box.  Bubble wrap came in very handy when we moved here in 2011 and I used a lot to protect paintings before I boxed them up.  It took a lot of time to pack for that move so I hope I don't have to do that again!  I think the quote should be finished to understand it.  Oscar Wilde said "always forgive your enemies--nothing else will annoy them so much".

The drumstick dish is very nice I'm sure but they aren't my favorite part of the chicken.  No thanks to the Elderberry Martini and I will also pass on the wine.  A very good day to think about the play "Romeo and Juliet" but not so great for the characters.  Also an important day in the automobile world and for Coca-Cola!  Thank you in advance to Eva @superoma, Paul @kochleffel and Ann @cat shepard for the meal, cocktail and wine reports today.  So nice of you to step up and do this for the Daily!

Prayers for the many here on the Daily in need of prayers due to pain, loss, and serious medical conditions.  Also for my DB, other family and friends in need of them.  Also for Israel and Ukraine, the hostages held, but most of all for the 3 American soldiers killed in Jordan this weekend and the many who have been injured over there.  It was only a matter of time, but I'll continue to pray that something is done about this to protect them all.  🙏 😪

Congrats to all our cruisers and for those celebrating happy events.  Happy birthday Melisa @HAL Sailer🎂  Bon Voyage Tina @0106🚢 Safe travels to all including Terri @Cruzin Terri and Jim and Sharon @Sharon in AZ and Craig. 🥂 Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the posting of the Care and Celebration lists!  Hope you had a better night!

The port today is Buenos Aires, Argentina, an excellent port to visit.  It was our port before on Aug. 10, 2022 and Jan. 28, 2023.  The links are below for your convenience.  I'll include my photos later because we've been lucky enough to see it four times.

In sports today, congrats to the Kansas City Chiefs for their win yesterday.  It's the only football team left in my home state!  Sorry Ravens fans!  I wanted the Lions to win last night and they didn't but it was close.  Even though we cheered on the 49ers back in the 1980's we are no longer fans of that team so I don't plan on watching the Super Bowl.  We kind of gave up on the NFL in the last decade. 

But in the best sports news today, I heard Ren scored a good goal yesterday in College Station and his team won 4-1.  Ren played half the game at wing position.  Congrats FC Dallas U17 team!

Have a great day everyone!  Stay safe and keep well!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Ann, Eva, and Paul.  Happy Birthday Melisa.  Bon Voyage Tina.  Hope everything is straightened out with where to drop your bags at our Port of the Day. 

I probably am a bit both Curmudgeon and Freethinker.  I wish bubblewrap could be something other than plastic but glad it is mostly air.

Mr. Bentz was a true innovator.  A great day in theater history.  I don't drink soda at home but will have a daily Diet Coke on a ship.

The quote is true but not easy.

I've been to Buenos Aires several times in just a few years.  First was 2016 boarding Crystal Symphony.  In 2017 I had one of my stranger trips boarding Crystal Serenity for a cruise to Rio, then flying back to Buenos Aires where I boarded a bus trip to Iguazu, returned to Buenos and boarded Zaandam to San Diego.  My final visit there was as a port call on the Prinsendam 2019 Grand South America and Antarctica, welcoming @Vict0riann aboard for the second half.. 

The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Roast Turkey, and Strawberry ice cream with sprinkles as served in MS Prinsendam Lido January 29, 2019 in the Strait of Magellan:

dishes29.jpg

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5

We first went to Buenos Aires in 2012 on Star Princess and took a bus tour of the city.  Next in 2015 on Ruby Princess and my Shutterfly photo book says we walked around starting in the Retiro neighborhood. I believe there was a shuttle that dropped us off so that helped a lot.  Some of these docks are far from the exciting sights!  Our third time was disembarkation from the Seabourn Quest after our Antarctica and South Georgia Island cruise.  We took a tour to use up time so we wouldn't have to sit at the Buenos Aires airport, which is not a fun place to spend the day.  I'll show some photos from that visit.  We also went there in January 2020 on Coral Princess where we also disembarked after our Antarctica cruise but that day was rainy so not as much fun to tour.  

Here we go!  Arriving in Buenos Aires and sad to disembark the Quest.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJU918aOJWXlhR-cuYbAaab?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534759

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJaUbglp2WQFZaOvdjg3yBa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534799

On to the bus we went to our first stop Recoleta Cemetery.  Scenes along the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnB5zIXTuW4kmgVEW7P_mO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534846

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIelcpkln39bWahlS582KUk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534886

Along the way I noticed dog walkers everywhere.  I can't count how many this guy had.  5, 6 or maybe 7??00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlqosj5Y9OLvWQ6i3HSm7F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534911

Here we are walking to see Eva Peron's tomb.  Many Argentinian Presidents, poets, soldiers and actors are buried there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKflMGZap9L2q5VJVhfeaM7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534951

I see 4 kitties here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHYuocO4zNrkiBe4uGmM8Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUdH6cxok7Iwjf_HXPjPjx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNlw5asaihVmYSWbTFA4se?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535083

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOsHl3VLnOWdAMMaYjk7vR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535084

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpgNwTXSVtFI6_E_NsJ0Z3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535089

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLudq4joQyjWw82NEtewTsT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535090

Eva's gravesite.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_nJFhle1UpDZVmNn3tyOR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535143

Here is the Teatro Colon, the opera house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjko8xeF10KRfS2wphbUaJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535237

El Obelisco monument

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLkXbUWrUPefcBzwNO6JiD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535247

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg164vZVA0qQ2ovjciScT5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535261

Then we went to the La Boca neighborhood.   Here is the La Bombenera stadium home of the Boca Juniors. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4_nNqs3a1kbLBAz9RT6rX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535328

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4tzSZ9IKaXiUUE1icY6Pp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535340

stopping for some shopping this colorful neighborhood.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJL_kc0v1Bm4HD9vBoG-c9n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535368

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLH0BiBNjBxTXnKmdDW9TT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgfLSxuK1oHGcPL6tvLV8x?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535386

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb-w-b1EzlDsv8FblfO0pj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535420

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_6vHNlyRLEOxJXqjgndHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLRDFWmYO6r7kbgFjk8awbD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535565

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnaiZrpuGAb_S0G42O9J4S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535598

Stopping for a snack at the Cafe Tortoni, a French style cafe popular with the cultural elite (who me?)00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAgnE7R1jit0s3ZDIlx3Gn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535612

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkkP7JD6Upb5Xxjs17Abu2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535657

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk2OtZ1s-QadqygeyzdDH6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535668

Enough for today.  Hope you enjoyed Buenos Aires!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Happy Monday everyone.  Thanks Rich, Roy, Eva, Vanessa, Debbie & Paul for your dedication.

Good collection of days.  I have definitely been a curmudgeon lately and support all free thinkers.  Forgiveness is so important.  Today’s meal sounds appetizing.  Love, loved Buenos Aires.  It’s so neat that our own Daily-ite - Tina @0106 is there  getting ready to board her BHBH.

IMG_1495.jpeg.28b4152c45febbe3cd14e948ddb056a5.jpeg

it’s snowing - big surprise 😂. My driveway helper said we were only getting 1-3 cm’s.  I just raised my eyebrows and didn’t argue.  He was very wrong, unfortunately.  I was doing great yesterday until I stretched my other arm.  Ouch.  Sheesh.  At least it wasn’t as badly exacerbated  like last time and certainly not what Vanessa @JazzyV is suffering with.  So, I guess that’s encouraging.  LOL.  

IMG_1497.jpeg.0b264acb10dceeecdcd5befa77d717ee.jpeg

Today I’ll putter around carefully and research ideas for out overnight in Quebec.  Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1491.jpeg.475421e4ec9f09bb6ce0e46a30ca68fc.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Just found this photo from Paul Munson Photography who takes photos of many of the MLS Next teams like FC Dallas.  This is 4 shots of Ren trying to make his goal yesterday, which he did succeed at.  Take a look at the defender trying to rip his arm off, especially photo 3!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

You have to wonder if they called a foul there.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  The snow storm fizzled out and we only have a light dusting, the afternoon sun will melt it away.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, today I’m cleaning out the freezer a bit and making chicken barley soup.  @HAL Sailer Happy Birthday 

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.d9370a4dde4c9b778d3a65b2a100dfc1.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Speaking of Bubble Wrap… I will be shipping some to Jacqui, so she can wrap herself up to prevent further injuries. 

Roy thank you for today’s maps. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. Praying that you get the relief you need from your upcoming procedure. 

It is 45 here this morning. Yesterday it was 70 at the same time. And it was already windy before it started getting light. Someone stole Florida again during the night. But at least it is sunny. 

Today I have errands, chores and Bindi walks to keep me busy. 

IMG_2478.jpeg.613e8d491bbf681d2c39cff5cf844a67.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg.021e160a8c243ede29a857e3a18465e8.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg.1b1613a50230878322be7286e12a054d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Thinking of you & Tana, Terry.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. I know the 49ers & Chiefs fans are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Raats Family 2019 Dolomite Cabernet Franc (Stellenbosch)

This South African vintner released two Cab Francs in 2019. The more reasonably priced one does not have “family” in its name, has very good - excellent ratings and online prices start at $23.40. The wine that has “family” in its names has excellent - superb ratings, but the only online price I found in dollars was $125.00.  I included the info on both. You choose.

Distributor notes 

The 2019 Raats Dolomite Cabernet Franc is a stunning release‘This is a brilliant Cabernet Franc,’ enthuses Neal Martin, while Tim Atkin MW says, ‘it’s a Cape version of a Saint Nicolas de Bourgueil.’ The Raats team come together as the undisputed Kings of Cabernet Franc in SA, and their high standards and focus on quality trickle down to this ‘second’ wine, leading to extraordinary value!

The Dolomite Cabernet Franc has built a solid reputation on its quality; with previous vintages having received a Platter’s 5-star rating as well as having placed in the Top 5 of Winemag’s Alternative Varieties Report. The quality of the 2019’s elegant tannins together with its perfume and finesse, are typical of the finest examples of Cabernet Franc. As pioneers and champions of the variety, Raats has raised the bar yet again.

The Raats Family Cabernet Franc is SA’s most lauded Cabernet Franc. The latest 2019 release is called a Cape benchmark in the Platter’s Guide (96/100), and has ‘beguiling purity’ according to Neal Martin. Sumptuous, yet elegant and svelte, it is long and detailed with refined tannins that linger on and on. This has decades of evolution ahead.

Tasting notes:

Raats, Dolomite Cabernet Franc 2019
The 2019 Cabernet Franc Dolomite has an energetic, tensile nose of wonderfully defined red and black fruit, sage, bell pepper and clove aromas; hints of dried blood emerge with time. The palate is very well balanced, taut and fresh, with supple tannins, a fine bead of acidity, a harmonious, sophisticated finish, and suggestions of black pepper on the aftertaste. This is a brilliant Cabernet Franc from Raats that will age gloriously. Drink 2022-2042.’ – Neal Martin, Vinous, 95/100 (Nov 2021)

Dolomite has been doing its thing since 2010, expressing the charm, perfume and balance of Stellenbosch Cabernet Franc for more than a decade. Lightly wooded, with 40% whole bunches and notes of green herbs and red berries, it’s a Cape version of a Saint Nicolas de Bourgueil. Drink 2022-26.’ – Tim Atkin MW, SA Special Report 2021, 91/100

”Entry level’ in this range but one of the best around, 2019 stays true to form. Lithe & fresh, with earthy blackcurrants, forest-floor leafiness, velvet ripe tannins, hints of iodine & salt. 14 months older French oak.’ – Platter’s Guide, 4.5* (90/100)

Raats, Family Cabernet Franc 2019
‘Cape benchmark, always shows sublime varietal expression, classic-inclined styling. 2019 tense & mineral, with ink & iodine woven with lean blackcurrant fruit, leafy-earthy core, all in fine harmony after 18 months in mostly seasoned oak.’ – Platter’s Guide, 5* (96/100)

‘Dominated by fruit from Bruwer Raats’ beloved Polkadraai Hills, this is a Chinon-style Cabernet Franc with lots of perfume, black cherry, capsicum and red pepper flavours, floral top notes, fine 25% new oak and a balanced, granitic finish. Drink 2023-28.’ – Tim Atkin MW, SA Special Report 2021, 94/100

‘The 2019 Cabernet Franc Family has a very engaging nose, more savory than other Cabernet Francs, featuring dried blood, meat juices, white pepper and fennel. Wonderful. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins and finely judged acidity. Sour cherry and black truffle develop toward the harmonious finish. There is a beguiling purity to this Cabernet Franc, and it will age supremely well in bottle. Drink 2023-2040.’ – Neal Martin, Vinous, 93/100 (Nov 2021)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 2

@HAL Sailer, Melisa,a very Happy Birthday to you!

@0106Tina, Bon Voyage!

I had a snowy ride home yesterday until I reached Waterbury CT when it turned to rain. There were accidents and spin outs galore as it was right at the freezing point. I kept talking to my ancient but dependable Subaru to keep myself calm.I cheered when I passed the NY border. They will get a lot more snow today but we will have rain.

Tana’s wonderful friend stayed here Thursday to Sunday so that I could go see the DGC’s. Unfortunately DD and DSIL are sick with something and could not help much. So far they are negative for Covid but will test again. It is always something, right?

I would use chicken thighs instead of drumsticks and always enjoy crackpot recipes.

I noticed one of the spun out cars yesterday was a BMW but I had seen it going way too fast down one of the many hills just a few minutes before. Ice is a great equalizer.

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

It is 43°F here and it has been raining for several hours.

3 interesting days and also days in history.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Screenshot_20240129_125806.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_125732.jpg

Screenshot_20240129_130601.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 7

Happy Monday everyone. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report. 

The meal and drink of the day sound yummy. 

Bit of a chill today. At lease no rain. After all of this rain and snow, my property is now a mud pit. Not sure if the grass will come back in the yard. Oh, well. 

I have a total of six classes starting this week. It will be a challenge, but it is doable. I also will follow up with my nutritionist this week. Doing very well with my blood sugars and weight loss. 

Looks like Chiefs and the 49ers in the Superbowl. 

Happy birthday to @HAL Sailer

Bon Voyage to @0106

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.ebb86dea539add922ac6e76825636a3e.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2