The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday January 30th, 2024

kazu

I just finished reading The Daily.  I planned to commment on many of the posts, but we have a reservation in Tamarind in 25 minutes, and we're at the other eend of the ship.

Thank you to all who wished us Bon Voyage.  We appreciate all the good wishes.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope Tana got some help with her shortness of breath.

@ger_77 Gerry and @Seasick Sailor Joy, you are such wonderful neighbors for helping others.

Time to get ready for dinner.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I learned something today about about eating grapefruit and taking certain drugs.  I take a statin drug and fexofenadine so I googled it to see if I had something to worry about.  Looks like if I eat half a grapefruit more than three hours before or after I take the drug, no problem.  The adverse effects were studied by drinking a quart of grapefruit juice...

Ray

Thanks for the info on grapefruit and meds - sister avoids grapefruit due to her meds, but really likes it. I'm going to suggest she research to see if there's a "safety zone" for hers.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

How did I miss noticing that you were at sea?

Roy

Roy- We boarded on 1/25/24. Round trip Sydney-Sydney,  debark February 8, 2024.  We will stay in Sydney after the cruise, truly a great trip. I could live in this part of the world! 

• Like 9

13 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

HAL Sailer Melissa, thank you for your heartfelt sharing. I’m so glad you felt loved and celebrated on your special day!  Gentle hugs to you!  

Than you for acknowledging my sharing @RMLincoln but I fear it may seem self-absorbed as many here have lost their spouse or significant other.

I am blessed to still have my DH even though he now has very few memories of our life together, no memories of our extensive travels, and whatever 'Melisa' was to him is quickly disappearing from his memory banks. Photos that used to remind are now met with blank looks.

It's an inevitable stage in his disease's progression. It's a stage I thought I was prepared for, but my forgotten birthday proved otherwise. 

Yesterday's celebratory greetings got me through yesterday and provided emotional sustenance for the days to come. Thank you all -- for listening and for caring,

-Melisa

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Than you for acknowledging my sharing @RMLincoln but I fear it may seem self-absorbed as many here have lost their spouse or significant other.

I am blessed to still have my DH even though he now has very few memories of our life together, no memories of our extensive travels, and whatever 'Melisa' was to him is quickly disappearing from his memory banks. Photos that used to remind are now met with blank looks.

It's an inevitable stage in his disease's progression. It's a stage I thought I was prepared for, but my forgotten birthday proved otherwise. 

Yesterday's celebratory greetings got me through yesterday and provided emotional sustenance for the days to come. Thank you all -- for listening and for caring,

-Melisa

Sending special hugs!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I learned something today about about eating grapefruit and taking certain drugs.  I take a statin drug and fexofenadine so I googled it to see if I had something to worry about.  Looks like if I eat half a grapefruit more than three hours before or after I take the drug, no problem.  The adverse effects were studied by drinking a quart of grapefruit juice.

Was hoping to see some pictures or description of Airlie Beach today.  We will be stopping there on 24 February and it is one port in Australia that we have missed so far.

Ray

Eating grapefruit or drinking the juice greatly increases the potency of your statin and can cause numerous dangerous side effects.

After my heart attack 4 years ago I have to take a

Statin.

Ace inhibitor.

Beta blocker.

Grapefruit is a big NO.

Fortunately I never ate or liked grapefruit.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Breakthrough, after seven months: DaVinci let me pet him.

How wonderful!  that is a real breakthrough ♥️ 

5 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

You are not the least bit self absorbed.

Big hugs to yo Melisa.  🥰 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1