Dry Dock - All ships will be scheduled in 2024

KevintheIrishDJ

37 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

What I don't enjoy is loud canned music for breakfast. On our last cruise on Journey, it was blasting out on the Sunset bar area and there was no way for the staff to turn it down. 

Did you complain to Guest Relations?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

What I don't enjoy is loud canned music for breakfast. On our last cruise on Journey, it was blasting out on the Sunset bar area and there was no way for the staff to turn it down. 

They can easily turn it down/off if they want to. 

They tried to turn the music down, but it was being controlled somewhere else on the ship. I believed them because it was so loud, we couldn't hear what the wait staff was saying. I didn't complain to Guest Relations. I had already been to Guest Relations about another issue. This was the Journey in January when there were issues. Never saw the Hotel Director. Rarely saw any staff. Service in Windows was almost non-existent. A lot of the waiters just walked around with trays--looked busy but weren't. It was a very different experience from previous Azamara cruises.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, uktog said:

The other person who can help is the Cruise Director as its an "entertainment" issue

Never thought of that. The CD was the one staff member that was out and about.

• Like 1

We're in full agreement with Pirate Wife re. the dreadful and very loud music in the Sunset bar during January's cruise on Journey.  Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett were the wrong choice for these cruisers - especially at 7:30am - but when the tunes  switched over to the 60's (a little "Louie Louie" with your Energizer, anyone?), it went from bad to completely unpalatable.  

Please, Azamara!  Jettison the obnoxious canned breakfast music from this otherwise lovely aft open space!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PirateWife said:

They tried to turn the music down, but it was being controlled somewhere else on the ship. I believed them because it was so loud, we couldn't hear what the wait staff was saying. I didn't complain to Guest Relations. I had already been to Guest Relations about another issue. This was the Journey in January when there were issues. Never saw the Hotel Director. Rarely saw any staff. Service in Windows was almost non-existent. A lot of the waiters just walked around with trays--looked busy but weren't. It was a very different experience from previous Azamara cruises.

We were on in February and completely agree about it being a very different experience.  The Hotel Director, Tatiana, should be demoted or fired in my opinion.  She should never have been put in that position as she obviously does not have the experience to handle the job.  And, it just flows down from there.  Because she was invisible, the rest of the officers felt that it was okay to be invisible as well.  Ryszard came on for our second cruise of our b2b and things changed dramatically.  He told me that the first thing that he told all of the officers was that they had to be out of their cabins by 7am and mingling with passengers.  You could tell that a few of them were not happy about it but complied.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, crzrr said:

We were on in February and completely agree about it being a very different experience.  The Hotel Director, Tatiana, should be demoted or fired in my opinion.  She should never have been put in that position as she obviously does not have the experience to handle the job.  And, it just flows down from there.  Because she was invisible, the rest of the officers felt that it was okay to be invisible as well.  Ryszard came on for our second cruise of our b2b and things changed dramatically.  He told me that the first thing that he told all of the officers was that they had to be out of their cabins by 7am and mingling with passengers.  You could tell that a few of them were not happy about it but complied.  

She was HD on one of our cruises last year-never saw her! Ryszard has always been at the gangway when we left for our tours each day-he’s the best!

• Like 4

On 4/16/2024 at 12:05 AM, uktog said:

Lunchtime pool deck music used to be pleasant eg piano player from the Den or a guitarist. The use of the band from the living room only works if they play at half the volume they assaulted our ears with. Yesterday it averaged 130 db of music that wasn’t the more relaxing popular stuff for over an hour. 
Today there is no music, it’s a beautiful day and everyone is relaxing. I don’t hear anyone saying this needs music 🎶 

130 db? That is the equivalent of a NASCAR race. That seems awfully load. How was that measured?

1 hour ago, Mailman055 said:

130 db? That is the equivalent of a NASCAR race. That seems awfully load. How was that measured?

On an app on my watch 

On 4/22/2024 at 8:55 PM, uktog said:

On an app on my watch 

That’s what happens when we are all cheering at grandkids sports games on my watch app! And we are talking -  lots of people cheering and clapping! No way would I want that at a pool!  

On 4/22/2024 at 5:34 PM, crzrr said:

Just by way of balance, I have experienced Tatiana and thought she was excellent. As far as I was concerned she went above and beyond for me.

I will also say that I really don't like naming and shaming on this message board. The crew member has no way to respond to criticism.  And it's unfair because of that. If I have something negative to say about someone I would never post their name, but address it through other channels. I make my own mind up about someone when I meet them, not rely on tittle tattle on an anonymous message board such as this. Bad form in my view. 

Phil 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just by way of balance, I have experienced Tatiana and thought she was excellent. As far as I was concerned she went above and beyond for me.

I will also say that I really don't like naming and shaming on this message board. The crew member has no way to respond to criticism.  And it's unfair because of that. If I have something negative to say about someone I would never post their name, but address it through other channels. I make my own mind up about someone when I meet them, not rely on tittle tattle on an anonymous message board such as this. Bad form in my view. 

Phil 

"I think it's Captain Kresimir and Tatiana  Morello as HD (who is excellent by the way, if you haven't sailed with her. Another Heike Berdos)"  From one of your posts.

So, let me get this straight, you're allowed to offer your opinion and others are not  - got it!

Edited by crzrr
add quotes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crzrr said:

"I think it's Captain Kresimir and Tatiana  Morello as HD (who is excellent by the way, if you haven't sailed with her. Another Heike Berdos)"  From one of your posts.

So, let me get this straight, you're allowed to offer your opinion and others are not  - got it!

Read my post again. I said "negative". 

Phil 

• Like 1

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

Read my post again. I said "negative". 

Phil 

"I make my own mind up about someone when I meet them, not rely on tittle tattle on an anonymous message board such as this."

I'm not going to belabor this point, but whether good or bad, you have still inserted your opinion.  Some of us have a different opinion and are entitled to express it as well.  And, to go further, you compared her to someone else - someone who is in a league of their own!

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

As far as I was concerned she went above and beyond for me.

Unless you are a full time job, there is a lot more to being a HD!

• Like 2