Crystal Explorer Fare

Keith1010

Interesting…I have a 2025 cruise booked. Will have to check if the payment of the cruise 1 year in advance is non refundable to get the 20% off! 

Interesting. 

I noticed there is now the ability to specify single or double occupancy and thus see the prices for solos in all categories. Very useful addition to the website. 

• Like 9

Unfortunately with all the new useful changes to the website, they seem to have broken the entertainment links. The same 3 people are showing up across multiple segments on both ships at the same time. Note: I did not check every single voyage.

• Like 1

i have four cruises booked for 2025.  if i want to take advantage of this prepay speical, will crystal charge me to new prices for the cruises or will my discount be taken from the prices i've already confirmed with them?  my TA is off today so i can't contact her until tomorrow to ask this question for me.  i'd love to take advantage of this special offer if i can.

From the website:

Terms and Conditions

*[Crystal Explorer Fare] (“Offer”): The Offer is available commencing February 8, 2024, on bookings made at least twelve (12) calendar months prior to the sailing date. Non-refundable option: Guests selecting this option will receive twenty percent (20%) off the cruise-only fare. Full payment of the reduced fare will be due at time of booking. Guests may cancel prior to one hundred eighty (180) days of the sailing date and receive a future cruise credit equivalent to the reduced cruise fare paid less applicable administrative fees. The future cruise credit can only be applied towards the then prevailing cruise fare on a sailing departing in the same calendar year as their original cruise. The administrative fees are USD 250 per guest for voyages of 39 nights or less, and USD 500 per guest for voyages 40 nights and above. Refundable option: Guests selecting this option will receive ten percent (10%) off the cruise-only fare. Full payment of the reduced fare will be due at time of booking. Crystal’s standard cancellation terms apply. Any guests who booked prior to this Offer being published may retroactively benefit by contacting Crystal and paying any outstanding balance by no later than February 23, 2024.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

tracie,

where did you find the pricing for single pricing on the veranda cabins?

Find a Cruise. Select Suites and Guest Rooms. Choose Occupancy now shows above the list of rooms and below Offers (if any).

12 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Interesting but a full payment one year in advance? With the previos experience from Old Crystal?

Compare to your returns from savings/investments, minus your insurance.  And the 20% is pretty good, if you can tolerate the 180 day deadline.  Even the 10% is net positive.

As always, as in so many decisions, it's a matter of individual risk tolerance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Compare to your returns from savings/investments, minus your insurance.  And the 20% is pretty good, if you can tolerate the 180 day deadline.  Even the 10% is net positive.

As always, as in so many decisions, it's a matter of individual risk tolerance.

If everything were so simple… my cruise price has increased in 30%. So not much of a good investment.  And by the way, thinking that it was a good investment with the old Crystal, we ended up losing our money. We do not gamble. We have trusted once and it did not go well. We have learned…however this applies for us. Others might be willing to go under those deals. I wish them  all the best.

• Like 1

After experiencing the ongoing pandemic debacle of 2020, we do not purchase any non-refundable tours, hotels, airfares, cruises, tickets, restaurant reservations, et.al., etc. from any supplier or vendor. And certainly not a year in advance. These two offers do not appeal to us (even the refundable option), but it I suspect that they would not be offered if the actuaries, investment and marketing strategists did not believe there was an audience and a benefit involved.

Rob

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

thinking that it was a good investment with the old Crystal, we ended up losing our money. We do not gamble. We have trusted once and it did not go well.

Well, we trusted it and filed for a full claim with Mockler.  Got 100% of that back in exceptional credits, along with the $2250pp. And all of those credits are fully applied at this time. Not quite sure why you ended up losing your money - unless you expected a full cash payout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USCAdventurer said:

i have four cruises booked for 2025.  if i want to take advantage of this prepay speical, will crystal charge me to new prices for the cruises or will my discount be taken from the prices i've already confirmed with them?  my TA is off today so i can't contact her until tomorrow to ask this question for me.  i'd love to take advantage of this special offer if i can.

I have been told new prices.

Keith

12 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

unless you expected a full cash payout.

We did not expect to have to deal with a bankruptcy procedure. We did not expect to maybe receive only a fraction of our money. We did not expect not to get even the Us 2250 until now for one of our claims. And we are not able to cruise so often in two years to book 10 cruises with the new company to think we are recovering our money by spending larger amounts at increased prices.

But you know what? We are tired to even be talking about it. So this is my last answer on this regard to you. I am moving on.

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Well, we trusted it and filed for a full claim with Mockler.  Got 100% of that back in exceptional credits, along with the $2250pp. And all of those credits are fully applied at this time. Not quite sure why you ended up losing your money - unless you expected a full cash payout.

Same for us, Crystal did the right thing and we were  100% refunded.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

After experiencing the ongoing pandemic debacle of 2020, we do not purchase any non-refundable tours, hotels, airfares, cruises, tickets, restaurant reservations, et.al., etc. from any supplier or vendor. And certainly not a year in advance. These two offers do not appeal to us (even the refundable option), but it I suspect that they would not be offered if the actuaries, investment and marketing strategists did not believe there was an audience and a benefit involved.

Rob

Totally agree.  Non-refundable is a deal breaker for us.  And the cancellation applied as future cruise credits in the same year is humorous.  The unrest throughout the world means we are not making definitive plans this far out.  We are happier spending a bit more when confidence is a bit higher.  And our investments are offsetting Crystal's discount.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Provost said:

I wonder why they do that with already sold cruises, are they in shortage of cash?

Perhaps it's about locking people in, forestalling cancellations.  Bird in hand theory in action.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Provost said:

I wonder why they do that with already sold cruises, are they in shortage of cash?

It is only certain cruises, not all cruises. I’m booked on one sold out cruise. It is not included. Note: I did not check all cruises. 

23 hours ago, Provost said:

Many cruises have this but as Tracie noted not all. For example, the 2024 Serenity Holiday cruise is an example of that with all categories at the present time wait-listed and if you could book they show rates and do not reflect this promotion.

Keith

3 hours ago, travelberlin said:

I do not think that this promotion applies for any bookings in 2024. Isn’t it a requirement that the payment has to be made 12 months in advance before the cruise? 

Ivi

It is for 2025 Voyages booked at least 12 months in advance.

Keith