Luggage Transport at end of cruise

alijay

I haven't cruised on Princess in 5 years.  The last time I cruised they provided a service in some US ports that, after leaving your luggage outside your cabin on the last night they would deliver your luggage to the airport and you would next see it at your home airport.  Do they still do that?

Thank you.

Pretty sure that FLL is the only place that still has that service and the airport is so close it's a bit of a waste unless you really want someone else to deal with your luggage.

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Pretty sure that FLL is the only place that still has that service and the airport is so close it's a bit of a waste unless you really want someone else to deal with your luggage.

Or you're like us and have many more bags than you want any of your fellow cruisers to see ...

Last two longer cruises we came back with more suitcases than we left with. 😱

• Like 1

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Yes, just FLL and SEA. 

There is a charge associated with this service, and takes a few days to get your luggage if not paying additional express fees.

No, not correct.  From FLL, it is called EZ Check and your bags will be checked on your airline flight.  (If that airline participates)

Your bags will come in on your flight that you are on, not days later.  Pick them up at baggage claim.  Yes there is a fee for EZ Check.  Last time I used it, it was $25.  Plus, any baggage fees you may have to pay to check a bag normally.  

SEA  Port Valet is free and the link was posted above by @capriccio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alijay said:

OP here.  Thank you for all of your replies.  I will be disembarking in FLL so that is good news for me.  

IIRC we had to produce written evidence of our flights. It wasn't sufficient to show GS the schedule on your laptop or a phone. This was some time ago and may have changed. Just so you're prepared.

11 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

IIRC we had to produce written evidence of our flights. It wasn't sufficient to show GS the schedule on your laptop or a phone. This was some time ago and may have changed. Just so you're prepared.

Yes, you do have to give them a printed copy of your ticket confirmation.  Must show names, ticket numbers, flight and date information.  I just print off my confirmation from Delta, as it shows all the information.

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

It may be very useful if you have a later flight.  FLL is now warning that airlines may impose a 2 hr advance limit on checking baggage. We recently used it for a 5:25 PM flight. 

• Like 1