Connie spring refurbish?

ourjetboat

Is the refurbishment still on for this spring? I notice that for my fall booking many cabins have opened up recently…While it gets rave reviews…i had planned on sailing on a “ new” ship. 

She won’t be a new ship again. Any dry dock will be mostly to address maintenance with some possible refresh of certain areas. 

So if you are hoping for a “new” ship feel, I would book another ship. 

All that said, I think the Constellation is a great ship.

1 hour ago, ourjetboat said:

Is the refurbishment still on for this spring? I notice that for my fall booking many cabins have opened up recently…While it gets rave reviews…i had planned on sailing on a “ new” ship. 

The Infinity and Connie are both twenty plus year old ships. While they both were due to be revolutionized, I think that ship has sailed due to the amount of debt racked up during the pandemic. IMHO I don’t see RCG putting extra money in either ship other than just standard maintenance to keep them in service. Focus will now be the S class moving forward. 

22 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

The Infinity and Connie are both twenty plus year old ships. While they both were due to be revolutionized, I think that ship has sailed due to the amount of debt racked up during the pandemic. IMHO I don’t see RCG putting extra money in either ship other than just standard maintenance to keep them in service. Focus will now be the S class moving forward. 

Having said that there seems to have been a few significant updates on the Infinity including Michaels Club and other public spaces. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Having said that there seems to have been a few significant updates on the Infinity including Michaels Club and other public spaces. 

You are correct... they upgraded Michael's Club to Retreat and added additional seating in Luminae.  Very aggressive

set of upgrades for a 2 week Dry Dock

image.thumb.jpeg.baed1f3a4b1ab1ac9ea9d14f254279a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.64be7af1e5329440b366eafaf937380b.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct... they upgraded Michael's Club to Retreat and added additional seating in Luminae.  Very aggressive

image.thumb.jpeg.baed1f3a4b1ab1ac9ea9d14f254279a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.64be7af1e5329440b366eafaf937380b.jpeg

Jim_lain, is the first photo of Luminae and the 2nd of Michael's club on Infinity?  When were these photos taken?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The OP stated that they expected to be “sailing on a new ship”. The ship has not been revolutionized and my bet is that it will not be. Also, a two week dry dock only gives time to take care of maintenance and maybe some new carpet. 

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

If they did this in a two week dry dock I fail to understand why they didn't at minimum renovate Michaels Club on the Reflection during its recent drydock. All indications was that it was going to happen on the Reflection. Luminae needed nothing on the Reflection. 

Just now, kwokpot said:

If they did this in a two week dry dock I fail to understand why they didn't at minimum renovate Michaels Club on the Reflection during its recent drydock. All indications was that it was going to happen on the Reflection. Luminae needed nothing on the Reflection. 

Or even on Edge -  they were in dry dock and it was anticipated they were going to add a "Real" bar to Retreat -   It didn't happen.    On board they said there was still plans on adding it while in service - which makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Jim_lain, is the first photo of Luminae and the 2nd of Michael's club on Infinity?  When were these photos taken?  Thanks.

Yes.  First is Luminae -   I think they added the sofa seating and look like they squared off the curved area that use to be there.  

They were taken by Ade Roberts -  he posted them on FB.   He often has access to the ships while in Dry Dock or just out of dry dock.    They are also on Instagram if you search Celebrity Infinity

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

The Connie   needs a longer renovation 

Not that it is terrible shape just after constant use for 23 years it is time 

On the November TA ,the cabinets in the cabin were coming apart , the bathroom need a redo 

Fancoils and controls only last so long and 23 years is pushing 

Would I sail on the ship again , Yes 😁

• Like 1

I am currently on it and I have absolutely no complaints about my accommodations . My state room is fine ; everything is in good repair ; the soft furnishings in it are fine.  There is the problem of the shower curtain rather than the shower doors but even that isn’t awful.

my one and only complaint about the ship is that they are keeping the public rooms very very cold. Several of us talked to guest relations today about it and it seems to be better now so I have my fingers crossed for the upcoming days.

Edited by cruisestitch

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I am currently on it and I have absolutely no complaints about my accommodations .

We're sailing on her soon. Trying to decide on drink package or not.  I don't drink alcohol, my hubby does. Do you know the price of individual average beer, water and coffee from al bacio?  Thanks so much

You can use the app - select a current ship that is cruising and see all the bar menus -

Beers -- $8 for Bud  an Bud Light , Micholob Ultra   and others go up like Corona Extra $9 and a numer of them up to $11

Vitam Water $4,  Soday $4    Water $4   Red Bull 7

Espresso  -- $4

Cappuccino and Latte $5

Tea   $5

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I am currently on it and I have absolutely no complaints about my accommodations . My state room is fine ; everything is in good repair ; the soft furnishings in it are fine.  There is the problem of the shower curtain rather than the shower doors but even that isn’t awful.

my one and only complaint about the ship is that they are keeping the public rooms very very cold. Several of us talked to guest relations today about it and it seems to be better now so I have my fingers crossed for the upcoming days.

Better cold than hot, you can always wear a sweater or jacket. You can only take off so mush if it’s hot.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can use the app - select a current ship that is cruising and see all the bar menus -

Beers -- $8 for Bud  an Bud Light , Micholob Ultra   and others go up like Corona Extra $9 and a numer of them up to $11

Vitam Water $4,  Soday $4    Water $4   Red Bull 7

Espresso  -- $4

Cappuccino and Latte $5

Tea   $5

I fear all four M- Class ships are not around the X- Brand for very much longer. I am quite sure after all Edge Class Things are out- they have to go. More´s the pitty-  since they are my favorite class of the X- Brand- but that´s time- not to avoid- and from the buisness point of view- quite understandable.

7 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I fear all four M- Class ships are not around the X- Brand for very much longer. I am quite sure after all Edge Class Things are out- they have to go. More´s the pitty-  since they are my favorite class of the X- Brand- but that´s time- not to avoid- and from the buisness point of view- quite understandable.

Celebrity should pull M class of the normal 7 day cruises and use the ship to different and interesting cruises 

in January/Feb who wouldn’t want to do a 3 week cruise from FLL that would go out to the Canary Islands and back , or around SA 

could a Mclass travel down the Amazon River ? 
or around Africa 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ourjetboat said:

Are there still Tube type TV’s in cabins? I never watch tv on a cruise…but it sure does “ date” a cabin!

No Samsung flat screen.   Last time we were on though there was no online system on the TV though so you couldn't check your account that way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Celebrity should pull M class of the normal 7 day cruises and use the ship to different and interesting cruises 

in January/Feb who wouldn’t want to do a 3 week cruise from FLL that would go out to the Canary Islands and back , or around SA 

or around Africa 

Great idea, X could start offering the kind of longer cruises that currently HAL has.  Friends are boarding the HAL Koningsdam this weekend for a 39 day round trip San Diego trip to Hawaii and the Polynesian islands.  It would be great if X went in that direction with the M class ships.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Great idea, X could start offering the kind of longer cruises that currently HAL has.  Friends are boarding the HAL Koningsdam this weekend for a 39 day round trip San Diego trip to Hawaii and the Polynesian islands.  It would be great if X went in that direction with the M class ships.  

This is the idea Celebrity should steal from HAL and here is a couple more trips for Mclass ships

IMG_6867.thumb.jpeg.0d3daf61fc0e2c3c620861309989d050.jpegIMG_6869.thumb.jpeg.33009eb16e2e167128952bcf75ddee23.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 3

On 2/14/2024 at 7:55 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

who wouldn’t want to do a 3 week cruise from FLL that would go out to the Canary Islands and back , or around SA 

The younger demographic that Celebrity is targeting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

This is the idea Celebrity should steal from HAL and here is a couple more trips for Mclass ships

IMG_6867.thumb.jpeg.0d3daf61fc0e2c3c620861309989d050.jpegIMG_6869.thumb.jpeg.33009eb16e2e167128952bcf75ddee23.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

HAL does have some wonderful itiineraries.... would love that 42 night Ft. Lauderdale round trip one.