Bottled water

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You can't bring a whole case on board.  See the link in the above post for limits.   Whatever you want to bring, you must carry on.  

M

You're not supposed to, but that doesn't mean you can't. 

You're allowed to bring 12 bottles.  Can't remember the size. 

A practical person will bring a couple empties (or a refillable bottle) and refill them with ship's water, which is just as purified as the bottled stuff.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2024 at 2:53 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

You're allowed to bring 12 bottles.  Can't remember the size. 

A practical person will bring a couple empties (or a refillable bottle) and refill them with ship's water, which is just as purified as the bottled stuff.  

Could you please remind me where to refill the bottles ?. I like the idea more than buying plastic bottles (and further contributing to additional waste). What I did not like at the MSC ships however is that not everyone would use refill stations carefully. I mean they would just put their water containers on the machine touching it after drinking their water directly from the containers. Is at Royal ships similar?

There are signs on the dispensers saying you should not put your bottle directly on them.  Glasses of water are aways available for pouring into personal bottles.  Of course, there might always be someone who disregards that.

We fill ours from our bathroom taps, as well as in the WJ.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:56 PM, ukestrummer said:

WHY LUG WATER THROUGH

Cheaper I guess.

If its a long cruise with long days ashore I buy the Evian in the planner.  12 litres waiting in our cabin, along with the Diamond water.  Great for excursions and at night .  But the ships water is fine too

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

Cheaper I guess.

If its a long cruise with long days ashore I buy the Evian in the planner.  12 litres waiting in our cabin, along with the Diamond water.  Great for excursions and at night .  But the ships water is fine too

One question please. What is the Diamond water?

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

One question please. What is the Diamond water?

you get a few bottles of water , seems to vary how many, once you hit Diamond level in the crown and anchor programme. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

C&A members get an unspecified number of water bottles in their cabin. For D it's usually about 4.

Thank you are this bottles already in our cabin when we arrive or do we have to request them? I am Diamond member.

27 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Thank you are this bottles already in our cabin when we arrive or do we have to request them? I am Diamond member.

They should be in your cabin upon arrival. Suite guests also get some amount of comp'd water in the cabin.

• Thanks 1