A reasonable time to book a flight out of Brisbane?

What time to book a flight out of Brisbane to Sydney after getting off Quantum repo from Singapore in December.

11:00 or 12:00 ? And what’s the best way to get to Brisbane airport with 4 people and bags?

Given where its coming from, ABF may be a bit more thorough with disembarking passengers. I would opt for the later flight.

Re the transfer, it depends whether you opt for "cheaper" or "more convenient" . I would opt for the latter and get the ship transfer.

• Thanks 1

Chilli we are on that cruise. Have a 1pm flight booked but it's our only choice as only one flight a day to our hometown.

Today we have had to fly Port Macquarie to Syd then to Brisbane....as no direct flights on a Saturday, long day.

We have a transfer booked to airport for this cruise....Luminosa...with Con x ions. $20 each. Will see how it goes and may book for Quantum.

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Chilli we are on that cruise. Have a 1pm flight booked but it's our only choice as only one flight a day to our hometown.

Today we have had to fly Port Macquarie to Syd then to Brisbane....as no direct flights on a Saturday, long day.

We have a transfer booked to airport for this cruise....Luminosa...with Con x ions. $20 each. Will see how it goes and may book for Quantum.

Where are you staying in Singapore?

The fb thingo looks like we going to have a meet up in Clark quay on the Saturday night .

22 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

You'll easily make a midday flight, you could probably make 1100 if you got off straight away. I got an Uber in December, waited maybe 20 minutes for it to arrive and about the same to the airport.

12:00 sounds good 

I wouldn't risk it Phil. 

Spend a night in Brisbane so you don't need to rush to the airport.

🤣 Just taking inspiration from the Sydney airport threads. But do consider you are arriving from an overseas port, and some delays are likely.

• Like 1

I wouldn't book anything before 12, and I'd be happier with 1pm. There are heaps of flights to Sydney every day.

From Brisbane to the airport your choices are:

1. the ship's shuttle bus (can be combined with a tour of Brisbane)

2. Taxi. Four people plus luggage may not fit in one, so you might need a maxi taxi or two standard taxis.   The airport is about 20 mins away from the port. The terminal is not a good area to get a taxi, being at the end of a long dead end road, so no passing traffic.   You might experience long delays.

3. Private shuttle bus service. There is one from a company called Connexion which meets cruise ships. You need to book in advance.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I wouldn't risk it Phil. 

Spend a night in Brisbane so you don't need to rush to the airport.

🤣 Just taking inspiration from the Sydney airport threads. But do consider you are arriving from an overseas port, and some delays are likely.

Yep , agree but my sister and her friend will be with us and there’s usually a drama to get home too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

I wouldn't book anything before 12, and I'd be happier with 1pm. There are heaps of flights to Sydney every day.

From Brisbane to the airport your choices are:

1. the ship's shuttle bus (can be combined with a tour of Brisbane)

2. Taxi. Four people plus luggage may not fit in one, so you might need a maxi taxi or two standard taxis.   The airport is about 20 mins away from the port. The terminal is not a good area to get a taxi, being at the end of a long dead end road, so no passing traffic.   You might experience long delays.

3. Private shuttle bus service. There is one from a company called Connexion which meets cruise ships. You need to book in advance.

The last few cruises I have been on (one at the end of January) there were several taxis waiting at the cruise terminal for customers. On one cruise, there were 20 or more waiting. On our cruise at the end of January we had to wait probably 15  minutes because we needed a maxi taxi for our group of six people and luggage. I think my daughter had the kitchen sink somewhere in her luggage. It seemed like it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Where are you staying in Singapore?

The fb thingo looks like we going to have a meet up in Clark quay on the Saturday night .

Either Merure Icon or Mercure Bugis...ATM.

Don't do FB but will catch up with you on board.

Still in Sydney....broken seat....all off plane. Bloody Qantas.

20 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

It will be worth it in the end Chez🤔

27 minutes ago, resordanis said:

It will be worth it in the end Chez🤔

Haha we still waiting...unbolted seat. Supposed to depart at 1pm.

Natives are getting restless now

53 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I’m on the meet and mingle, I will will post it on there when we get a bit closer.

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m on the meet and mingle, I will will post it on there when we get a bit closer.

Sounds good.....hey qantas just gave us 30 bucks each for food...we are at the bar.

You just can't fly in the day of the cruise anymore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Belmont Babe said:

Given where its coming from, ABF may be a bit more thorough with disembarking passengers

I'm not saying it's normal practice, but the middle of last year coming back from PNG to Brisbane we were picked out by ABF for a special going over, along with two other couples and a family. They went through everything, clothing, electronics, phones, toiletries.

After about two hours one woman broke down in tears because their flight home was now uncatchable. Luckily we lived locally. After about three hours we were let go.

So it never pays to assume, because the worst case scenario is always out there ready to catch you out. 🥵

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Sounds good.....hey qantas just gave us 30 bucks each for food...we are at the bar.

You just can't fly in the day of the cruise anymore

Small compensation for a long days travel but better than nothing! 

20 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm not saying it's normal practice, but the middle of last year coming back from PNG to Brisbane we were picked out by ABF for a special going over, along with two other couples and a family. They went through everything, clothing, electronics, phones, toiletries.

After about two hours one woman broke down in tears because their flight home was now uncatchable. Luckily we lived locally. After about three hours we were let go.

So it never pays to assume, because the worst case scenario is always out there ready to catch you out. 🥵

If it was departure ,definitely stay a night.Singapore we have 3 nights before the cruise.

But we will risk a midday flight coming home.There’s insurance and a flight every hour.

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Haha we still waiting...unbolted seat. Supposed to depart at 1pm.

Natives are getting restless now

I would like a dollar for every time I heard about a lose seat ,it’s more like the flux capacitor is broken.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

What time to book a flight out of Brisbane to Sydney after getting off Quantum repo from Singapore in December.

11:00 or 12:00 ? And what’s the best way to get to Brisbane airport with 4 people and bags?

Having cruised on Quantum twice this season 12.00 is a great time to leave Brissie. You get to the airport with time to spare and stress free. Taxi rank is a fair walk , but well attended and plenty of cabs available. gbenjo@ no ware to be seen lol 😁

• Like 2