How to Book Accessible Stateroom

I need an accessible stateroom, and I’m not seeing any available in the many many sailings I’ve searched for next year. Do I have to call the Access Dept to be able to choose one? Or is there a way I can choose one myself online to book right away? They’re closed for the weekend, so I’d really like to be able to book it myself online. 

2 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I need an accessible stateroom, and I’m not seeing any available in the many many sailings I’ve searched for next year. Do I have to call the Access Dept to be able to choose one? Or is there a way I can choose one myself online to book right away? They’re closed for the weekend, so I’d really like to be able to book it myself online. 

Use a PVP.  Not only can they see more stateroom, they can direct you how to complete the forms https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs   

Our ships have specially designed staterooms for guests using wheelchairs, or those who have mobility limitations and could benefit from the features of an accessible stateroom. We request our guests to acknowledge the need for the accessible stateroom by completing this Mobility Questionnaire, or one will be sent to you once the reservation has been secured and you have notified Carnival that you, or the person you are securing the stateroom for, requires the accessibility features of the stateroom.

If an accessible stateroom is booked by a guest who does not need the accessibility features in the stateroom, they may at any time be moved to a non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability.

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

On Carnival dot com once you get past the number of guests you would see this next. You should be able to book from here and find what you need if it is available.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 10.40.35 PM.png

That’s exactly what I need! I’ve tried and can’t get that to show up. The first day I searched, I found it and haven’t gotten it to show back up ever since. It’s weird. 

7 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

That’s exactly what I need! I’ve tried and can’t get that to show up. The first day I searched, I found it and haven’t gotten it to show back up ever since. It’s weird. 

Go to Carnival site. Find cruise you want. Select guest numbers you want. The page I showed should come up next, say "qualify for a special rate" scroll down then you will find the part where accessible rooms are. 

I book them myself. Only problem is you need to book early, there are not that many. After you book it, you will get an email from access department with form to fill out about needing an accessible room and wheelchair/scooter size. I usually book at least 1 year out.

• Like 1

I booked an ambulatory accessible cabin a few weeks out.  I only needed the bench in the shower.  It was an inside, and was exactly like the other insides but with the bench.  Suited me fine.  EM

Keep checking daily.  I need a fully accessible room for a wheelchair cruiser and they do pop up occasionally.  Another hack that I've used is to figure out what cruise is 89 days out and see who didn't pay their balance which is due 90 days out.

• Like 1