Free internet quickie

On 2/21/2024 at 7:20 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

Not sure how it works with Royal, but on Celebrity (I'm Elite there), there's a free hour of internet available for the entire voyage. 

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I'm not Elite yet, but I will be as of New Year's Day! 

I'll be Diamond on Royal just before my birthday next year...happy birthday to me!

Are you, or are you not Elite with Celebrity? If you are already, or when you become Elite with Celebrity, you are or will become Diamond with RCI. Their loyalty programs are reciprocal.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:20 PM, ctrinco said:

Husband and I are Diamond.  We each get one day - is it cheaper to use the one day period Day 1/Day 2 - after we sail away (and have to turn our phones off), and then buy the remainder of the days onboard? OR is it cheaper to purchase the internet package online with the discount they offer.

With most sailings leave US ports around 4 or 5 pm I wait until day 2 to use one free day.  

Just make sure you put your phone on airplane mode.

Then depending on port stops, most you can get free internet somewhere. 

Remember you can share your log in.   so if you both don't need  Internet at exact same time.  You can each share your free day.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 3:20 PM, ctrinco said:

Husband and I are Diamond.  We each get one day - is it cheaper to use the one day period Day 1/Day 2 - after we sail away (and have to turn our phones off), and then buy the remainder of the days onboard? OR is it cheaper to purchase the internet package online with the discount they offer.

With most sailings leave US ports around 4 or 5 pm I wait until day 2 to use one free day.  

Just make sure you put your phone on airplane mode.

Then depending on port stops, most you can get free internet somewhere. 

Remember you can share your log in.   so if you both don't need  Internet at exact same time.  You can each share your free day.  

• 3 weeks later...

So since DH and I are both D+ on a 4 night cruise we would both have 2 free days.  What do the additional days cost?  We are looking at a sailing next month and can't find this answer on the website without actually booking the room and we're still unsure if we're going to do it.

9 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

So since DH and I are both D+ on a 4 night cruise we would both have 2 free days.  What do the additional days cost?  We are looking at a sailing next month and can't find this answer on the website without actually booking the room and we're still unsure if we're going to do it.

If you're on a 4-night cruise, you'll each have 2 free days. That's a total of 4 free days for a 4-day cruise. If you are able to share, you won't need additional days. 

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you're on a 4-night cruise, you'll each have 2 free days. That's a total of 4 free days for a 4-day cruise. If you are able to share, you won't need additional days. 

Yes, but I figure one way or another we will run short and just trying to figure out what an additional day will cost.

35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Since you're only on a 4 night cruise, have one person use the 4 free days that you get total, and buy a 1 device plan to cover the other person when it's on sale in the cruise planner.