Free internet quickie

As D+, I get 2 days free internet per cruise. Do these two days have to be consecutive, or can they be, say, the 2nd and 5th day? I think you can have them one day at a time, but just want to check.

Simon

Just now, sddsddean said:

Do these two days have to be consecutive, or can they be, say, the 2nd and 5th day?

You can cash them in at any time on any day - the 24 hour starts when you cash in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can cash them in at any time on any day - the 24 hour starts when you cash in.

So does that mean that if you "cashed in" at 12:00 noon, you could have internet for that afternoon ... and the next morning?  

5 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

So does that mean that if you "cashed in" at 12:00 noon, you could have internet for that afternoon ... and the next morning?  

Precisely.

So like order it around 2pm...have it for that day and evening and then morning and lunch. Then wait a day and do it again, and you end up having internet for like 4 "half days" 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Precisely.

So like order it around 2pm...have it for that day and evening and then morning and lunch. Then wait a day and do it again, and you end up having internet for like 4 "half days" 🙂

This is also the way that I do it. My wife and I are Diamond so we get one day each. We can spread our internet availability over 4 days.

What you get is 2-24 hour periods of free internet.  We spread ours out and sometimes I'll use mine (we share the time online) and then we'll use DH's towards  purchasing a package for the rest of the cruise. It's consecutive 24 hours.  I remember the old days when you could buy 60 minutes and spread it out over as long as you wanted.  

One exception to the plan - second person can sign up for "rest of cruise" instead of one day at a time just after midnight three nights before departure.  And earlier times on that day seem to result in a charge of around $10 after the coupon is applied.  From what I have seen the coupon seems to be slightly more than two single days.

26 minutes ago, LeeW said:

From what I have seen the coupon seems to be slightly more than two single days.

The coupon has usually been equal to the cost of two 24 hour packages (there may have been some very rare instances when it was more). In the Surf package availability era, it was equal to the 24-hour Surf package (not Stream). The remaining days package is available till two days remaining. On the last full day that usually goes away and only the 24 hour package is available (at its higher cost per day). In the past there used to be a 1-2 hour package (for airline check-in use, etc) for about $10 on the last day but that seems to have been eliminated.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Remember the perk is a dollar amount, not free days.

The dollar amount equates to two single day purchases, but can be used for other plans, too.

It's actually both depending on how you use it.

Sounds like there is a hack here - but I'm trying to figure out what the best plan of attack is.

Husband and I are Diamond.  We each get one day - is it cheaper to use the one day period Day 1/Day 2 - after we sail away (and have to turn our phones off), and then buy the remainder of the days onboard? OR is it cheaper to purchase the internet package online with the discount they offer.

5 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Based on the title, this is NOT how I thought this thread was going to unravel.

4 hours ago, F27TW said:

'Quickie' .. heh .. heh heh 🤭

I’ve chuckled a few times today at this thread title. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve chuckled a few times today at this thread title. 

I believe it was Oscar Wilde who said “the English and the Americans are a common people, separated only by their language “!

This title is perfectly innocent over here…personally, I think you’ve all got dirty minds!!😜

Simon

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Expires 11:59am the next day. 

2 hours ago, ctrinco said:

Sounds like there is a hack here - but I'm trying to figure out what the best plan of attack is.

Husband and I are Diamond.  We each get one day - is it cheaper to use the one day period Day 1/Day 2 - after we sail away (and have to turn our phones off), and then buy the remainder of the days onboard? OR is it cheaper to purchase the internet package online with the discount they offer.

We are D+ so each has 2 days.

I use husbands 2 days and then buy remaining days with my D+ 2 days discount. It is cheaper as more days you buy, less each costs. Not by much, by 1 dollar approx.

I think for Ds it could be cheaper to buy precruise without D discount if it is 17.99-19.99 and cruise is longer. This part is somewhat difficult to figure out though.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

Not sure how it works with Royal, but on Celebrity (I'm Elite there), there's a free hour of internet available for the entire voyage.  You don't have to use it the entire time and they tell you how much time you have left when you end your session.

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Not sure how it works with Royal, but on Celebrity (I'm Elite there), there's a free hour of internet available for the entire voyage.  You don't have to use it the entire time and they tell you how much time you have left when you end your session.

Different with RCI.

Diamonds (80 points) get 24 hours from the time you log in.

Diamond Plus (175 points) get 2 times X 24 hours. Not 48 hours strait, but 2  X 24.

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Different with RCI.

Diamonds (80 points) get 24 hours from the time you log in.

Diamond Plus (175 points) get 2 times X 24 hours. Not 48 hours strait, but 2  X 24.

Good to know as I will be Diamond after my next cruise, but I'm cruising with others who turned Diamond last cruise.

4 hours ago, ctrinco said:

then buy the remainder of the days onboard? OR is it cheaper to purchase the internet package online with the discount they offer.

The break even depends on the discount in the planner but figure at least 7 day cruise - anything under, use your discount on board, over buy pre-cruise.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Good to know as I will be Diamond after my next cruise, but I'm cruising with others who turned Diamond last cruise.

If you are Elite with Celebrity, then you are already Diamond with RCI. Their rewards programs have reciprocity with each other and Elite on Celebrity equates to Diamond on RCI and vise-verse.