Back to back to back cruise info wanted. ( 3 cruises in a row)

Looking for any advice on a back to back to back cruise. (3 consecutive cruises, 2 med and transatlantic )  Are there any incentives given by Royal? Any advice from anyone who has experience with this? Thanks for your input. 

32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Nope.  Other than maybe lunch on turnaround day, they're just 3 cruises in the eyes of RC.

It's just more "Cha Ching" in the Till to Royal. They are smiling 😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Exuma Girl said:

Looking for any advice on a back to back to back cruise. (3 consecutive cruises, 2 med and transatlantic )  Are there any incentives given by Royal? Any advice from anyone who has experience with this? Thanks for your input. 

I got 2 booked and thinking about a 3rd so understand what you are thinking.

Booked the TA from port Canaveral to spain may 2025 and the 10 day after. The 3rd leg would end in athens greece if I added a 3rd leg. Right now I end in rome.

No incentive, just takes more of your $$$. 

4 hours ago, Exuma Girl said:

My only advice is:  Book the same cabin for all three legs.  SO much easier and more relaxing on the turnaround days.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

No incentives except (usually) lunch on turnaround day. Book the same cabin for all 3 if you can. If you do, tell your steward not to worry about doing the full turnaround day clean on your cabin...do it the next day...they'll appreciate it.

If you have got to change cabin, ask your steward to leave yours until last on turnround day. Similarly, go and find your new steward and ask them to do your new cabin first so you can move. You can either move yourself (staff will lend you a  hotel trolley to help) or staff will do it for you.

Although cabins won't be available until 1pm or so, as  a consecutive cruiser, you can go to your cabin when you like...stairwell doors are shut, not locked.

You will get a letter advising you of arrangements for your cruise eg when you get your new card, if you have to get off, what to do if you want to go ashore etc.

Most important..check your account! It will not roll over, so check for errors on the last night of each cruise as you would normally.

Best of all...watch everyone else get off whilst you stay on!!😁

Simon

• Like 2

Maintaining the same cabin is desirable but at the same time sometimes when I am on the same ship for long periods of time I like to move cabins to change it up a bit.   Moving cabins isn't that hard so it's not really a big deal, it's a few hours on turn around day when you are stuck in port anyways.  Being in the same cabin for more than a month can get old. 

Because there are no booking incentives or discounts for consecutive cruises you can sometimes find that a particular cabin type is a good deal for one and a terrible rate for the next.  I've sometimes had a balcony then moved to an interior then into a suite.  I shop deals and I won't pay outrageous fares just to keep the same cabin.

All consecutive cruises are treated like individual cruises by Royal.  Each onboard account has to be closed as a cruise completes.  New seapass cards for each cruise.

Make sure to call once all consecutives are booked and have Royal or yout TA note that you are a consecutive cruiser.

• Like 4

Also keep an open mind towards a side-to-side, changing ships.  Much of Europe has a mature train network so you can easily spend a night off ships and ride a train to a different ship in a different city pretty easily.  

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Because there are no booking incentives or discounts for consecutive cruises you can sometimes find that a particular cabin type is a good deal for one and a terrible rate for the next.  I've sometimes had a balcony then moved to an interior then into a suite.  I shop deals and I won't pay outrageous fares just to keep the same cabin.

True..we did one cruise where we swapped from a balcony to a junior suite as it was much cheaper for some odd reason.

Simon

• Like 1

The turnaround process is dependent on the ship being cleared, so it can be quick, or if there are stragglers from the previous cruise, it can be slow.

Depending on the terminal, you may have seating while you wait for Customs to clear the ship, or you may have to stand.  Almost all of my b2b's have had seating.

I always have something to read for turnaround morning, since you can sit in the gathering lounge for a while, and then again in the terminal.  The gathering lounge will have self-serve coffee, juice, water, and pastries for everyone.

Just follow the directions on the information sheet delivered to your cabin, and you'll be fine.

If you cannot navigate stairs well, tell the crew staff, and you can go with the "elevator" group.  You all end up in the same place at about the same time, anyway.

No incentive but a terrific feeling on the last evening when everyone is packing to go home.  Even if you have to change cabins and pack up, that packing is super easy.  You can leave the hanging clothes alone and simply pack the items in the drawers.  There is generally a B2B luncheon. 

You will receive a letter with   instructions that should answer any questions.  

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

15 hours ago, Exuma Girl said:

What a vacation that'll be!  Thoughts: 

- I'd consider a side-to-side cruise (meaning, you'd sail from a ship at the same port).  I wouldn't mind a repeat of the same meals, but I wouldn't want the same shows three weeks in a row. It wouldn't be bad to have a day "in between" to stay in a local hotel /use their laundry.  

- I agree that it's easier to stay in the same room, but I disagree with the qualifier SO MUCH EASIER.  

- Three sailings gives you options; you could splurge on a suite for one portion of the cruise, or you could indulge in a drink package for one part of the cruise ... without committing to the whole vacation for those expenses.  

19 minutes ago, Exuma Girl said:

I booked today. They gave me $50 OBC per trip. Not huge but I’ll take it. 

Get 100 shares of rcl stock. Each leg will get another $100 obc. Dont have to hold the stock after its applied. Wouldnt cover my excursions on my voyager TA may 2025, but any obc helps.

Edited by firefly333