Share holder benefit

crompton21

Will have to wait a few years on mine although don't owe me anything in real terms got my money back in obc and small amount of divi just plain profit on whatever price I can get in the future .There for a rainy day .

If shareholder credit end I will sell mine at a loss but I have had more than the original cost back in OBC. I will buy premium bonds and you never know, you might win a million 🤑

• Like 1

That’s not a bad call

I think I might buy a drinks package and spend a fortnight toasting CCL for the OBC and dividends (remember them?) which have more than covered my original £22/share.  
They say All Good Things Come To An End.  Let’s hope not, but …

Out of interest I just tried to redeem my OBC theough Stockperks for our Sept Iona cruise.

It let me fill out the redemption form, but when I tried to enter I got a warning message that said:-

You cannot redeem your benefit for cruises that start after 30th July 24, please enter your details for cruises before that date, for cruises starting after 30th July, check back in May to enter those cruises.

I realise that might not mean the shareholder benefit will continue, but maybe gives us a little glimmer of hope.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I realise that might not mean the shareholder benefit will continue, but maybe gives us a little glimmer of hope.

I hope you are right, but it has always been the case that the perk has to be re-approved this year.  So, if it not being an agenda item for this year's AGM means that is is not even up for consideration for next year and will lapse automatically, I fear that the prospects do not look encouraging.

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Out of interest I just tried to redeem my OBC theough Stockperks for our Sept Iona cruise.

It let me fill out the redemption form, but when I tried to enter I got a warning message that said:-

You cannot redeem your benefit for cruises that start after 30th July 24, please enter your details for cruises before that date, for cruises starting after 30th July, check back in May to enter those cruises.

I have not yet applied for shareholder benefit for my July cruise as i do not yet know of i can travel. However the departure date is 30th July so i might as well apply now. I just need to know how to apply for my shares which are held by Equiniti.

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have not yet applied for shareholder benefit for my July cruise as i do not yet know of i can travel. However the departure date is 30th July so i might as well apply now. I just need to know how to apply for my shares which are held by Equiniti.

You either need to request a statement from Equiniti or print one off if you have set up an account with them.

The statement needs to show your name, your stockbrokers name, and your shareholding,, and be a recent date,  but you can check this out on the stockperks app.

Edited by terrierjohn

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

Mine are held with Equinity and I just put my certificate no. In the box which requested your broker. Then took a picture of the certificate 

23 minutes ago, happy v said:

Mine are held with Equinity and I just put my certificate no. In the box which requested your broker. Then took a picture of the certificate 

Is that the 11 digit number I used to quote to P&O

5 hours ago, happy v said:

No, eight digit. First no. on cert

I don't have a certificate! . I created an Equiniti account and can see my share holding and a list of shareholder dividends etc. I also downloaded the Shareperks app to my tablet.

Reading the 7 pages on the earlier thread it seems I need to contact Equinity and explain the situation. They will then send me proof of ownership by post, you can't download it?. On receiving the document I create an image and redact some of the entries? then open the Shareperks app and when asked upload the image?

Do i still have to email my request to shareholder benefits with my 11 digit Equiniti shareholder reference and they email me back saying i can't do it that way anymore?

Is this the correct procedure? 😵😵

I downloaded the Stockperks App then entered and verified my email address.

I have a Halifax share dealing account so I just did the same as when I used to apply directly to P&O, I printed out a statement of my shareholding deleting my account information, so just containing my name, number of shares, valuation and valuation date then uploaded it to Stockperks.

I then received an acknowledgement  of my "Manual Brokerage Statement Submission".

Then another email to confirm that my ownership had been processed and validated.

On a Friday I used the App to apply for two cruises I have booked for March and May. On Monday morning I received emails from Stockperks and P&O to inform me that both cruises had the Shareholder obc applied.

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I don't have a certificate! . I created an Equiniti account and can see my share holding and a list of shareholder dividends etc. I also downloaded the Shareperks app to my tablet.

Reading the 7 pages on the earlier thread it seems I need to contact Equinity and explain the situation. They will then send me proof of ownership by post, you can't download it?. On receiving the document I create an image and redact some of the entries? then open the Shareperks app and when asked upload the image?

Do i still have to email my request to shareholder benefits with my 11 digit Equiniti shareholder reference and they email me back saying i can't do it that way anymore?

I don't know. I have a certificate and followed the advice on the other thread.

I applied to P & O first. This did seem to slow things down though as it took them a week to then tell me to use stockperks 

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Once you have registered your ownership on stockperks, I assume you only need to input each future cruise using the redemption feature. This only requires your cruise reference, the date, your name and e-mail address.

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Surely in this case you just need to put Equiniti down as your broker and attach a copy of your suitably redacted image showing the proof that you own carnival shares in the same way that you would if you held them with any other broker?  It sounds as though confusion is being caused by those of us who have share certificates also use Equiniti.

3 hours ago, GOQ said:

I downloaded the Stockperks App then entered and verified my email address.

I have a Halifax share dealing account so I just did the same as when I used to apply directly to P&O, I printed out a statement of my shareholding deleting my account information, so just containing my name, number of shares, valuation and valuation date then uploaded it to Stockperks.

I then received an acknowledgement  of my "Manual Brokerage Statement Submission".

Then another email to confirm that my ownership had been processed and validated.

On a Friday I used the App to apply for two cruises I have booked for March and May. On Monday morning I received emails from Stockperks and P&O to inform me that both cruises had the Shareholder obc applied.

It may be of interest GOQ, Halifax will now give details of your holding to third parties e.g. P&O or StockPerks. In the past they have refused to inform details of your holding with them to P&O/Princess/ Cunard etc. quoting GDPR. For the past x years I have gone through the rigmarole of downloading/screenshotting/redacting holding details and forwarding to the cruise line. Last year I got two benefits cards ( for a different holding) due to Halifax automatically applying and myself applying as an individual. I phone Halifax last week & they confirmed that they will now liaise with third parties for shareholder benefits. 

I have registered with Equiniti using the 11 digit shareholder reference i used to quote to shareholderbenefits when claiming shareholder onboard credit. I can now see my 100 share holding and the up to date price.

I then contacted their helpline and explained the situation with Stockperks requiring recent proof of ownership. They agreed to send proof of ownership including all the details required by post, allowing 7-10 days to process the request.

I will then upload an image of the proof on the Stockperks App. Having verified my ownership I then will need to find out how I ACTUALLY apply for shareholder benefit for my Arcadia cruise, fourteen nights starting 30th July so I should get £150 OBC. I have yet to establish how I will get confirmation, maybe an amended invoice from P&O?

50 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have yet to establish how I will get confirmation, maybe an amended invoice from P&O?

Yes if booked direct or from your TA after Stockperks have approved the OBC for the sailing. 
Once you have the proof approval you go into the app and use the drop downs to enter your cruise sailing. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:. I have yet to establish how I will get confirmation, maybe an amended invoice from P&O?

You should receive a revised P&O invoice showing your revised credit. This should happen whether you booked direct or with a TA.

Brian

2 hours ago, Bin man said:

My TA doesn't send an updated invoice but happy to send one on request 

If you apply for shareholder benefit then the cruise line issues a new invoice including benefit to TA. It is not the TA who issues new invoice just forward it on and should do that automatically if yours doesn't do that then I would get a new TA.

2 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Don't need to get a new TA never failed in 20 cruises wether I asked for comfirmation or not 

You shouldn't have to ask they should do it automatically that is what they are paid commission for.