Ocean Now

BonnieSte

Few questions:

What is Ocean Now?

What food choices are there that are included in the price of the cruise beside main dining room and buffet?

Where does it say on the documents if you got the premier or plus fare?

TIA!

Guest Snaxmuppet

OceanNow is a service that uses your mobile phone and your medallion. You order food and/or drink on the app and the medallion automatically tells the crew where you are so it is then delivered to your location.

It is a great service... when it works... but it often means long wait times. Personally it has always worked well for us but I have heard of many where their orders were just not delivered or delivered after a 30-60 min wait.

It incurs a $14.99 one-off charge when you first use it then there is no other charge to use the service after that no matter how many more times you use it.

Some of the food/drink ordered through OceanNow is included and some carries an additional charge.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

29 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

OceanNow is a service that uses your mobile phone and your medallion. You order food and/or drink on the app and the medallion automatically tells the crew where you are so it is then delivered to your location.

It is a great service... when it works... but it often means long wait times. Personally it has always worked well for us but I have heard of many where their orders were just not delivered or delivered after a 30-60 min wait.

It incurs a $14.99 one-off charge when you first use it then there is no other charge to use the service after that no matter how many more times you use it.

Some of the food/drink ordered through OceanNow is included and some carries an additional charge.

Thanks Snax,

A follow-up question -

It sounds like a service  folks would generally tip for (kinda like Room Service outside your room) -is that correct?

Also - is it possible to apply a tip through the OceanNow app or would it have to be cash?

44 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

This is what we found out, but no where in the advertising/marketing, does it say that food costs were extra. They just promote the fact that the normal $14.99 delivery charge is included in the Plus packages.

They will charge additional for the food, even if it's the most basic stuff. Plan accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonnieSte said:

What food choices are there that are included in the price of the cruise beside main dining room and buffet?

We ordered pizza and salad through Ocean Now, and it all came with additional charges.

20 minutes ago, RocknRoll22 said:

This is what we found out, but no where in the advertising/marketing, does it say that food costs were extra. They just promote the fact that the normal $14.99 delivery charge is included in the Plus packages.

They will charge additional for the food, even if it's the most basic stuff. Plan accordingly.

There's many included items on room service, no extra charge. Sandwiches, burger, dessert, salads.

This was our experience last week on Discovery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

There's many included items on room service, no extra charge. Sandwiches, burger, dessert, salads.

This was our experience last week on Discovery.

Agree with the above. We've never ordered an item for which there was an additional charge. The burgers, quesadillas, desserts are included for the basic $15 charge incurred when first using the service. The onboard menu is extremely clear about those items that are extra charge and which are not. Very intuitive so one shouldn' t be concerned about accidentally stumbling into an extra charge item (some are costly). 

Pro Tip: The $15 charge is a one-time charge per individual. If two or more are ordering together, e.g. a couple in the same cabin, designate one individual to place all orders rather than each individual ordering separately. In this way the $15 charge appears only once per cabin. 

I would certainly not encourage one individual to order for those outside the his/her cabin. I expect that there is some monitoring system set up to flag a large order, or series of large orders, being placed by someone in a cabin for two. If too many try to "game the system", I can see where this would result in some not so nice changes to the program.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RocknRoll22 said:

We ordered pizza and salad through Ocean Now, and it all came with additional charges.

There is an additional charge of $8.50 plus 18% gratuity for the pizza and any local taxes if you are in port at the time of the order.  The salads come without an additional charge, as do sandwiches, soup, burgers, fruit plates, desserts, fries, etc.  

Cheese and crudities plates, sushi, pizzas, steaks, etc will incur a charge plus 18% gratuity, but as mentioned, it is clearly defined in the app.  We usually tip $3 to $5 per order but they always have a look of surprise on their face when we hand it to them so, I’m pretty sure they are not expecting it.  
If you have a plus or premier package, you can order beverages, including wine, beer, some cocktails, specialty coffees, sodas, juices, waters, etc where it looks like you my be charged but it is taken off when you actually finalize the order.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

If you have a plus or premier package, you can order beverages, including wine, beer, some cocktails, specialty coffees, sodas, juices, waters, etc where it looks like you my be charged but it is taken off when you actually finalize the order.  

I get Princess Premier which includes OceanNow and tipping. My favorite is to sit down at trivia and order Champagne and sushi (Champagne is included, sushi is $12). Fifteen minutes later, they deliver it to my table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

I get Princess Premier which includes OceanNow and tipping. My favorite is to sit down at trivia and order Champagne and sushi (Champagne is included, sushi is $12). Fifteen minutes later, they deliver it to my table.

I just ordered sushi on one day and a pizza on another day while having the premier package.  While I knew we would be charged for it, I really felt like staying put and drinks we delivered simultaneously so it was a win!  
I still think for those with the premier package, on those ships that don’t have a sushi bar or pizza restaurant onboard, those items should not come with a charge.  But, it is what it is and like I said, I was not at all surprised by the charges.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just ordered sushi on one day and a pizza on another day while having the premier package.  While I knew we would be charged for it, I really felt like staying put and drinks we delivered simultaneously so it was a win!  
I still think for those with the premier package, on those ships that don’t have a sushi bar or pizza restaurant onboard, those items should not come with a charge.  But, it is what it is and like I said, I was not at all surprised by the charges.  

We used to love having a glass of wine in Vines and enjoying the "free" sushi. Sad that this is a thing of the past.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks Snax,

A follow-up question -

It sounds like a service  folks would generally tip for (kinda like Room Service outside your room) -is that correct?

Also - is it possible to apply a tip through the OceanNow app or would it have to be cash?

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

There is an additional charge of $8.50 plus 18% gratuity for the pizza and any local taxes if you are in port at the time of the order.  The salads come without an additional charge, as do sandwiches, soup, burgers, fruit plates, desserts, fries, etc.  

Cheese and crudities plates, sushi, pizzas, steaks, etc will incur a charge plus 18% gratuity, but as mentioned, it is clearly defined in the app.  We usually tip $3 to $5 per order but they always have a look of surprise on their face when we hand it to them so, I’m pretty sure they are not expecting it.  

A guest can always tip more for the food/drink, but you are already contributing 18%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

58 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I guess you have to visit the venue in order to get the casual dining food for free?  App ordering means you pay is what I am reading from this (even though you may be entitled to U/L free food.

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

App ordering means you pay is what I am reading from this (even though you may be entitled to U/L free food.

Exactly. A couple of things make the $15 charge palatable to us.  
Firstly, there are a couple of items we really enjoy that are available only via Ocean Now. 

Also, the burgers for example, while available at the Salty Dog Grill, are freshly made when ordered via Ocean Now as opposed to those at the Salty Dog that are pre-cooked “hockey pucks”.
But principally, when we are lazing around on the ship somewhere, it’s worth a one time $15 charge (regardless of the cruise length) to stay where we are and after a few clicks have our meal/snacks delivered to us. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I guess you have to visit the venue in order to get the casual dining food for free?  App ordering means you pay is what I am reading from this (even though you may be entitled to U/L free food.

Yes you do and they don’t allow any to go orders in these venues, either.  

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought I have read about guest(s) ordering pizza at Alfredo's to go in a box.  No?

Well, maybe they have but that has not been our experience at any Alfredo’s or GiGi’s on the Grand, the Discovery, the Majestic or the Royal since the restart.  We have sneaked the leftover pizza out at times because we can’t eat that much and love the cold pizza we have for breakfast the next morning.  If you’ve ever followed any of my posts, you know how much I hate wasting food.  We always eat what we order and order only what we will eat. In the case of the pizza, we do finish it, maybe not in just that one meal.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought I have read about guest(s) ordering pizza at Alfredo's to go in a box.  No?

Yep. We saw lots of boxed up pizza on Grand and noticed someone having it delivered to them in Explorers during a game event. I "think" I also saw one delivered to a person in Vista Lounge as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Thrak said:
1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Does anyone have a recent menu (2024s)

https://profcruise.com/princess-oceannow-beverage-menu/

Thank you! Found it through your link:

https://profcruise.com/princess-oceannow-food-delivery-menu/

Oddly shows pizza is free. Thought there was a charge for that but free is better!!

Well this sounds like a great idea for me. I will be travelling solo, so may not want to lose my seat while I go for lunch!! The 'free' options sound good to me!

I am sailing 'basic' (no plus or premier), can I order water to come as well (just plain tap water..not bottled)?