The elusive hash browns make an appearance (well, sort of)

So, we will be boarding the Jade in a couple of hours. This morning, our Tampa hotel decided to prank us by putting out hash browns (aka greasy hockey pucks…actually triangles…not sure how hockey players shoot triangular pucks). 

Not being an NCL hash brown fan, I was reluctant to try one. The grease sponges never seemed appetizing. But in the spirit of taking one for the team, as well as our impending boarding, I gave it a go.

Surprisingly, not awful. I even took an extra one.

IMG_0197.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

21 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

The pre-cruise appearance of hash browns is an auspicious sign that you will have a fabulous time on the Jade.

P.S. I will not be surprising you on this cruise.

Rats…I guess I can stop fantasizing about it then.

Speaking of surprising someone, this is the cruise where we decided to surprise our long-time friends (and prompted a huge CC discussion about surprising people on cruises.) 

Actually, the wife was in on the plan to surprise her husband. He had no idea we’d be joining them on the cruise.The plan was we’d pick them up at the Tampa airport. The wife told him she ordered an Uber. We ended up being the “Uber” and the look on the husband’s face when he saw us was priceless. Let’s hope he’ll be as happy to see us 14 days from now at the end of the cruise.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Speaking of surprising someone, this is the cruise where we decided to surprise our long-time friends (and prompted a huge CC discussion about surprising people on cruises.) 

Actually, the wife was in on the plan to surprise her husband. He had no idea we’d be joining them on the cruise.The plan was we’d pick them up at the Tampa airport. The wife told him she ordered an Uber. We ended up being the “Uber” and the look on the husband’s face when he saw us was priceless. Let’s hope he’ll be as happy to see us 14 days from now at the end of the cruise.

You knew, along with many of us who also knew, that the surprise would bring great joy to a long-time friend. Phooey on the negative nellies. And apologies to all Nellies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

So, we will be boarding the Jade in a couple of hours. This morning, our Tampa hotel decided to prank us by putting out hash browns (aka greasy hockey pucks…actually triangles…not sure how hockey players shoot triangular pucks). 

Not being an NCL hash brown fan, I was reluctant to try one. The grease sponges never seemed appetizing. But in the spirit of taking one for the team, as well as our impending boarding, I gave it a go.

IMG_0197.jpeg

No fair posting a pre-cruise HB teaser.

😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Rats…I guess I can stop fantasizing about it then ... 

How about cookies, if there's a CC Meet & Greet and you are going, look around and see if, perhaps, they will have freshly baked goodies in the morning for folks ... 

Collage_2024-02-23_15_16_04.thumb.jpg.b02457a95b1a3993c00b4ed4c53d6056.jpg

Happy cruising 😸 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

No wonder you can't find hashbrowns. 

Those are no where near hash browns.

These are hashbrowns.

Suggest you spend some time at a Waffle House.Simply Potatoes Gluten-Free Original Shredded Hash Browns, 20 oz Bag (Refrigerated) - image 1 of 8

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

No wonder you can't find hashbrowns. 

Those are no where near hash browns.

These are hashbrowns.

Suggest you spend some time at a Waffle House.Simply Potatoes Gluten-Free Original Shredded Hash Browns, 20 oz Bag (Refrigerated) - image 1 of 8

That’s always been my position. Hash browns should be shredded…not molded into triangles or circles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

IMG_0197.jpeg

Given the choice of a 'tater puck or nothing....nothing wins.

Now, real hashbrowns?  Oh Yeah!!!!!!

1516656859953.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Given the choice of a 'tater puck or nothing....nothing wins.

Now, real hashbrowns?  Oh Yeah!!!!!!

1516656859953.jpeg

I also go with nothing when the greasy hockey puck sponge isn't offered on NCL. Now if I know a restaurant makes a real hash brown (like you photographed and showed above), then I'll order hash browns. Otherwise, I skip the carbs too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

The big surprise is when they find out you’re all sharing an inside cabin together!

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

Dont look that good. Sad that potstoes is important to you 

Where did I say important to me?  And since your recent arrival here, your auto correct is still working against you.

21 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We're cruising soon. Those triangular "hash browns" are one of the top three thing my wife loves about cruising. For me, it's the wonderful croissants; love 'em!

Doug

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We're cruising soon. Those triangular "hash browns" are one of the top three thing my wife loves about cruising. For me, it's the wonderful croissants; love 'em!

Doug

Start getting your wife used to disappointment. No more hash browns onboard...at least not for the last couple of months.

Edited by cruiseny4life