How Strict Are Check-In Times?

TomMMD

We have an upcoming cruise in a few weeks from now?

When we did the remote check in, it gave a 12:00 time for me and a 12:30 time for my wife.  

Will they actually make my wife wait until 12:30 and will I have to hang around for 12:30 after I am checked in?

by the way, I am not use to being assigned a time.  I am used to just walking up to the Concierge line and later in life to the Aqua line.

Share the port and we might be able to give more guidance. FLL there's no separate line for concierge or aqua class, only the suites. We've never had any trouble arriving at a time other than our assigned time. One time they had the lines outside the terminal building with time blocks on them. We got in our designated time slot, but then they let everyone in at the same time.

24 minutes ago, TomMMD said:

When we did the remote check in, it gave a 12:00 time for me and a 12:30 time for my wife.  

Will they actually make my wife wait until 12:30 and will I have to hang around for 12:30 after I am checked in?

by the way, I am not use to being assigned a time.  I am used to just walking up to the Concierge line and later in life to the Aqua line.

The separate lines ended with start up after Covid and the assigned arrival times.  The only passengers who have priority are Suite passengers and Zenith. 

The check-in on the app or online reduces the time in the terminal, and if you take you photo in the app the process is even faster.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomMMD said:

So you have not cruised since the restart.  The check in procedures have changed and you will not find separate lines for Aqua,  concierge or Elite any more.

1 hour ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Celebrity tends to be very relaxed about check-in times.

nothing to do with X. The staff a the ports are employed by the port not by X. Some ports enforce the times e.g. Southampton others don't. 

Since Covid we have found the check in's amazingly fast

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The separate lines ended with start up after Covid and the assigned arrival times.  The only passengers who have priority are Suite passengers and Zenith. 

The check-in on the app or online reduces the time in the terminal, and if you take you photo in the app the process is even faster.  

In our experience disabled also get priority. If it applies and it's not shown just ask.

On our last Reflection cruise from Port Everglades, we had an 11:00 assigned arrival time.  They were not monitoring assigned arrival times and we were herded into the crowded waiting area waiting for disembarkation to finish.  It was a stormy day and Reflection was late in docking.  Once we were allowed into another waiting area, we were seated in the handicapped section (DH had a rollator) and were allowed to board the ship after Zeniths and Suites.  No Concierge priority, so my guess is your better bet is to splurge on the Premium Pass. 

7 hours ago, TomMMD said:

As people have said, check-in is totally different now.  Only priority is Suites and Zenith.  That said, it also goes very quickly now.  Do your check-in online before you get there and you should breeze right in.  By 12:00 the ship should be clear and it is likely there will be little in the way of lines or waiting.  Your wife can definitely board with you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

In our experience disabled also get priority. If it applies and it's not shown just ask.

On our last cruise we were with another couple who needed assistance. The staff was very helpful moving us through the lines.  The guy helping us told my wife and I that if anyone questioned us, to just say ADA.

As said the check-in is operated by the port, not Celebrity    If not in a suite or disabled you have 2 choices.

Joining the rush and waiting a bit or arriving about noon is and almost always boarding within a few minutes with no waiting. 

Have no been asked to show my boarding time in a few cruises.