LAFFNVEGAS Live from Windstar Wind Surf March 2, 2024

Hi, Lisa

I'd love to start with a Cosmo.  Then have the Ceasar followed by Beef Wellington.

Skip dessert, but have cappuccino with a side of Baileys...or two. 😊

B

• Like 1

Ok here is what we had… I had the Brie and pear Salad, and Lobster Bisque, then I also had the Scallops, I interestingly enough there was barely a taste of curry also the risotto did not have the coconut taste I was expecting more of a nutty risotto taste. I had mentioned to James my concern and he said not to worry about the curry taste. He knows what I like and he has never steered me wrong lol. It was a very good choice. Then I had the Chocolate Soufflé 
Tom had the Cesar Salad and the Beef Wellington and Vanilla Ice Cream.

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Ok here is what we had… I had the Brie and pear Salad, and Lobster Bisque, then I also had the Scallops, I interestingly enough there was barely a taste of curry also the risotto did not have the coconut taste I was expecting more of a nutty risotto taste. I had mentioned to James my concern and he said not to worry about the curry taste. He knows what I like and he has never steered me wrong lol. It was a very good choice. Then I had the Chocolate Soufflé 
Tom had the Cesar Salad and the Beef Wellington and Vanilla Ice Cream.

IMG_5521.jpeg

IMG_5522.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg

IMG_5527.jpeg

Wow, the food looks so much better than what I have seen on HAL and Celebrity recently, how do they compare in taste and quality so far?

• Like 2

Good Morning from Wind Surf, we are in Dominica today , we are doing a Dolphin and Whale Watch excursion but not till 1:00 pm so we did go have breakfast in the Veranda Restaurant and now relaxing in the Yacht Club which is where the coffee bar is.

IMG_5529.jpeg

IMG_5528.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Wow, the food looks so much better than what I have seen on HAL and Celebrity recently, how do they compare in taste and quality so far?

Terry, it has been but not quite the WOW we were expecting. Like all cruise lines they too have cut back is my understanding but I would say it  is more like Holland America use to be. Last night both our Scallops and Tom’s Beef Wellington were excellent. I can say the Scallops were better than any I have had in many years.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Terry, it has been but not quite the WOW we were expecting. Like all cruise lines they too have cut back is my understanding but I would say it  is more like Holland America use to be. Last night both our Scallops and Tom’s Beef Wellington were excellent. I can say the Scallops were better than any I have had in many years.

The scallops looked much bigger than what we had on our Celebrity cruise last month, the scallops served as an entree were 3 small ones about the size of a quarter. I had to order a double order to get enough. We will be on the Volendam in August for our Canada/NE cruise and I hope we get better scallops. Your beef Wellinton looked good.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@LAFFNVEGAS thank you so much for those pictures of the water sports. That crew,ember looks like the Maytag repair man 😆. I am even more excited for our 17 days in Tahiti now. I don’t like swimming with the fishes but I do love lounging on the water while Adam does!  Win win. 

Great job with all your pictures and thoughts. I am so happy  to wake up every morning to this read. 

I would have ordered either the scallops or the grouper. That raspberry trifle would have been an indulgence shared with Adam. 

I’ve never been on HAL.  I’ve sailed Cunard, Oceania, Celebrity and a lot of Princess (they are pretty much the only game out of my home port of SF ). Compared to those lines WS is my hands down favorite.  But since that love is only based on one sailing, I am looking forward to my next 3 on WS and hoping it holds. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 2

Good Morning from near Pigeon Island St Lucia where we will have our Beach BBQ Day.

sorry for not posting since yesterday morning. I lost internet and could not get signed back on till this morning. Not sure if it was me or the Starlink or both. 
It is a bit cloudy and overcast but hopefully will blow over.

I do have lots of pictures to post. 
Yesterday went on a Dolphin and Whale excursion. We saw so many Sperm Whales with babies and hundreds of Dolphins, several kinds of dolphins but none were bottle nose but it was amazing 

We got back from the excursion at 4 just in time to see James Deering give a talk about Wines and production. It was extremely educational and I should have taken notes. 
I know I have learned a lot from him on the past especially about Sake.

Last night we ate at Candles which is the out side Dining venue at night but day time called Veranda where we have breakfast and lunch and where I am sitting right now for breakfast.

Dinner last night was really good. Tom who is the picky eater finally tried Veal and loved it and wants to come back to order it.

We both had the very large Cesar Salad then he had the 8 oz Filet and I had the bone in Veal Chop that yes was amazing then I had the side of cheese creamy mushrooms Tom had a baked potato. 
Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the dessert menu.

Hopefully we can ply What’s for Dinner tonight.

IMG_5532.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

IMG_5553.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpeg

IMG_5569.jpeg

IMG_5570.jpeg

IMG_5571.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We just got back on the ship from the Beaxh BBQ party. Excellent great selection of food, they had a nice set up for the 300 passengers with live music playing steel drum.
Here are a few of the pictures

Was it better than the horrible BBQ served on Half Moon Cay by HAL?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is just so much fun. I would love to have the tomato and watermelon salad, seared sesame crusted tuna, and ice cream.  Thank you for inviting us to join you for dinner.

The beach bbq looked fabulous.  Nothing like a wonderful beach day with great food.

I loved your photos of your HAL cruises and we were on a 3 week cruise in January.  I found the food looked wonderful but did not have much taste, except for the specialty restaurants.  How are you finding presentation and taste on Windstar?  And do you miss having a balcony?  Thank you again for bring us along.  Cherie

Edited by cccole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cccole said:

This is just so much fun. I would love to have the tomato and watermelon salad, seared sesame crusted tuna, and ice cream.  Thank you for inviting us to join you for dinner.

The beach bbq looked fabulous.  Nothing like a wonderful beach day with great food.

I loved your photos of your HAL cruises and we were on a 3 week cruise in January.  I found the food looked wonderful but did not have much taste, except for the specialty restaurants.  How are you finding presentation and taste on Windstar?  And do you miss having a balcony?  Thank you again for bring us along.  Cherie

Cherie, The food taste has been very good, I have to admit over all better than HAL for most of the items. The one thing HAL has better is Explorations Coffee Bar and coffee in the main dining room. The coffee in the main d r here and breakfast is not good at all real oily acidity, they have a coffee bar like Explorations called Yacht Club but it is kind of hit or miss and the coffee is just slightly better than the other venues. But they do have good bakery items there.

as for missing a balcony, I was concerned we would but actually not at all. No cabins even the few big suites have no balcony. There are plenty of outside deck space areas. 
The one thing Tom and I talked about over dinner was how much bigger the ship feels on the inside. We watched numerous YouTube videos before the cruise and none do this ship justice. It feels a lot bigger. And Amphora Main Dining room is extremely big and actually quite elegant. There are two sides to the main Dining Room.

IMG_5629.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tonight Tom ordered the Cesar Salad, the Sirloin Steak with Baked Potato and Candice cream and chocolate sauce. I had the French Onion Soup, the Seared Tuna which was very good, and the chocolate Cremeux. 
Everything was very good.

When we got back to our cabin besides the Chicopee get every single night there was a little turtle made out of shells as a gift.

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5633.jpeg

IMG_5634.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5636.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for the updates, great pictures and menus. 

I would like a Cosmopolitan and market salad to start. For entree I would like pork schnitzel with carrots and green beans. For dessert, I'll have cheesecake and tea.

Glad you had a wonderful day.  😊

• Like 1

Thank you for your post.  I know you love the aft wrap balconies on HAL and I do also.  I don't think the Windstar ocean ships even have aft cabins.  It's nice to know that everything else makes up for the balcony space.  Loving your posts from this cruise.  Cherie

• Like 1