LAFFNVEGAS Live from Windstar Wind Surf March 2, 2024

We just enjoyed a nice buffet breakfast at the Infinity Restaurant that was as included with the hotel through Windstar. An absolutely beautiful view for breakfast 

IMG_5434.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 10

I'm watching the webcam, and you are still there at 5:35 pm local time. I don't know your sail away time, but I'll keep checking back.  I want to get a screen shot!

~Nancy

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm glad the camera person from PTZ Webcams zoomed in.  No sails today?

ETA- Sails are going up now!!

Nice!  

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I'm glad the camera person from PTZ Webcams zoomed in.  No sails today.

Nice!  

~Nancy

Sails are going up now. 

• Like 1

Good Evening from Wind Surf, sorry for being Missing in Action but it’s been an extremely busy day and just did not have time.

thanks so very much for capturing Sail Away we were on the aft in Compass Rose for most of it but did see it . The winds are perfect tonight so we are under full sail power with no engines running. The movement for us is a lot like an aft stateroom.

It was a very good first day and yes I think Windstar is a good fit for Tom and I.

Tonight after having wine with James we went to Stella Bistro a French restaurant, hopefully you can read the menus. Sorry I am so late this evening. With What’s for dinner.

There was just lots of good wine, food and conversation.

I will write more tomorrow when I don’t have wine fog 😉

Hopefully you can read the menus. 
Tonight I did not pictures ones meals

The pics were what I ate.

we closed Stella and were the only ones there. 
Over all a great first day, so good to see our good friend James Deering.

IMG_5467.jpeg

IMG_5480.jpeg

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

IMG_5475.jpeg

IMG_5476.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage fair winds & smooth seas. Love the pictures of the ship from on deck. I have always wanted to cruise on a Windstar sailing ship. Keep the pictures coming. 

• Like 1

Good Morning from Wind Surf, it is a beautiful sunny day here in Nevis. Anchor is dropped. 
Today’s plan is to first go up and get a coffee at Yacht Club, then breakfast at Veranda. Then I have a massage at 11. Then in the after we get off a bit in Charlestown, not sure yet on dinner will keep everyone posted.😁

• Like 9

Thought you would like to see some pictures of the Daily Program this is yesterday’s and todays and some more pictures around the ship.

Sorry I keep getting an error for yesterday’s front page of the Daily program.

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5494.jpeg

IMG_5495.jpeg

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5491.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello Lisa,

I am following your cruise as Windstar is a cruise line on our radar for the future.  Read your issues in MIA and we had similar issues in 2022 trying to get to St Thomas, that is one of the worst airport we have had to connect through, seemed like we had to walk miles between gates. I hope you and Tom have a great week.

• Like 2

@LAFFNVEGAS thank you so much for taking time during your vacation to share your trip. I am loving all the information and pictures. And very happy to hear how it feels under sail. We are sailing Wind Spirit this October Rome to Barcelona. It’s a much smaller sailing vessel so I know it will not be exactly the same. But still great to get some thoughts on the larger sailing ship. 

If you can by any chance get pictures of the gear they use for the water-sports deck it would be appreciated.  Even better would be pictures of people using it. We have only one water sports day on the October sailing but we have 10 days of water sports on our 2026 Tahiti sailing. We are really curious about this experience from a passenger point of view. Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1

Lunch at the Veranda, I did buffet so I could have a bit of salad and fish. Tom ordered a burger.

After this we are going to take the tenders into Nevis.

I had a great massage and booked a facial and massage for the last day.

This evening is the Captain’s Toast.

@HaveDogWillTravel I will go get pictures now of the water sport landing and will post later.

IMG_5497.jpeg

IMG_5498.jpeg

IMG_5496.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@LAFFNVEGAS thank you so much for taking time during your vacation to share your trip. I am loving all the information and pictures. And very happy to hear how it feels under sail. We are sailing Wind Spirit this October Rome to Barcelona. It’s a much smaller sailing vessel so I know it will not be exactly the same. But still great to get some thoughts on the larger sailing ship. 

If you can by any chance get pictures of the gear they use for the water-sports deck it would be appreciated.  Even better would be pictures of people using it. We have only one water sports day on the October sailing but we have 10 days of water sports on our 2026 Tahiti sailing. We are really curious about this experience from a passenger point of view. Thank you in advance. 

Here are pictures of Marina Deck. I don’t think it is being as much as it could. While I was in the Spa my husband said two people swam out to that trampoline looking thing. When we went down there there was no one out there.

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5500.jpeg

IMG_5501.jpeg

IMG_5502.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It’s that time of night to play…”What’s for Dinner”

Nice menu this evening with some good choices. I will surprise those that know me well. 
So let me know what you would order, I will have pictures later of what we had.

IMG_5520.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5516.jpeg

• Like 7

Tonight before dinner was the Captain’s Toast, the Captain introduced all the Officers. 
The Captain is very entertaining and is a past Captain on Holland America by the name of Colm Ryan, he is Irish but he and his wife and caught make their home in Nova Scotia. 
I forget what years he was at HAL definitely during the time we have sailed HAL.

IMG_5514.jpeg

IMG_5515.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks for the menus. I'll have a Cosmopolitan with market salad. For entree, I would like grouper, baked potato, carrots and green beans. Years ago on the Veendam, I had grouper and it was delicious. I have not seen it on a HAL ship menu since then. For dessert, I would like chocolate souffle with tea.

Thanks for all the pictures. You and your husband look great! 😊

• Like 2