LAFFNVEGAS Live from Windstar Wind Surf March 2, 2024

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Quick question, is it still open bridge except when pilots are on board?

Yes bridge is open when out to sea.  Not when in port and also not when entering and exiting those ports

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Quick question, is it still open bridge except when pilots are on board?

Roy

Hi Roy, yes most definitely. They love passengers stopping by. 

• Like 5

Good morning from Les Saintes Guadeloupe, it’s a very muggy humid overcast day so we may just stay on board the ship. We had not planned a tour today and the tender ride in is a bit longer than most. There are no sea days on this itinerary and we love sea days. 
we are sitting near the Yacht Club but closer to the front desk on port side. We had breakfast up at the Veranda I like having made to order eggs every morning Tom had pancakes this morning and said they were good, he also really likes their bacon. He is now sipping on hot chocolate and I have an iced sugar free vanilla cappuccino with almond milk. I like they have the extra some of us prefer. I am amazed at all the plant based Vegan options they also have. 
For the Wind Surf probably being the oldest ship we have sailed on she really is in great shape. She is going through an extensive Dry Dock in November. 
The stateroom do not feel small and have far more space and drawers than any of the new ships . Closet space and number of hangers are plentiful. I had thought from pictures before we sailed that the bathroom would feel small but it too is actually better than some of our recent cruises on new ships.

We are enjoying the much smaller ship and the sailing yacht feel.

The last picture is the Amphora Dining Room.

IMG_5638.jpeg

IMG_5639.jpeg

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5641.jpeg

IMG_5627.jpeg

• Like 10

We have sailed on the Star Legend pre expansion and loved it. I am thinking about the Wind Surf for a future cruise. Is your cabin quiet? Any noise issues at all?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

We have sailed on the Star Legend pre expansion and loved it. I am thinking about the Wind Surf for a future cruise. Is your cabin quiet? Any noise issues at all?

That is act what Tom and I discussed this morning. Our cabin is extremely quiet, we normally wake coming into port from noise and vibrations, this was so quiet and smooth. We are close to the bow and forward elevator and the ride is smoother than most large ships. It is definitely quiet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good morning from Les Saintes Guadeloupe, it’s a very muggy humid overcast day so we may just stay on board the ship. We had not planned a tour today and the tender ride in is a bit longer than most. There are no sea days on this itinerary and we love sea days. 

We have been to Les Saintes one time and loved it.  We have thought about returning just to stay on the island.  We do love sea days too.

• Like 3

Had lunch this afternoon at the Veranda restaurant, nice chat with the Captain Coll Ryan we discovered we definitely sailed with him several times we confirmed it with specific things that happen on those Holland America sailings on The older Statendam and the Veendam, those ships are no longer part of the fleet.

I ate the buffet and Tom ordered a Meat Lovers pizza.

The views from the ship have been stunning, Captain has Ben slowly turning the ship so our  dining view has been amazing.

IMG_5656.jpeg

IMG_5655.jpeg

IMG_5657.jpeg

IMG_5658.jpeg

IMG_5659.jpeg

IMG_5660.jpeg

IMG_5661.jpeg

• Like 10

I'll start with a Cosmopolitan and Philip Anschutz salad. I'd like mahi-mahi with steamed vegetables. For dessert, I'll have blueberry and apple cobbler with tea.

Thank you!😊

• Like 1

Love our menu tonight.  I would like fried calamari, Chicken tikka masala, and panna cotta please.  And red wine.  The photos are beautiful.  Cherie

• Like 3

Very good dinner this evening, as well as it was a packed dining room.

Tom and I both ordered the Caesar Salad, me with Anchovies and none for Tom. Then we shared Calamari. Then we both had the Osso Bucco except Tom had them hold the Polenta and got baked Potato. Then Tom had Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate sauce and I had the Blueberry Apple Cobbler. 
Everything was excellent!!

Tomorrow night is the Deck BBQ so all the Restaurants will be closed .

IMG_5669.jpeg

IMG_5670.jpeg

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg

IMG_5668.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Tonight on the Wind Surf was the Crew Show, I honestly do not think I have enjoyed a crew show on a ship better. It was truly one of the funniest and most talented group I have ever seen.
Then I added in our very different pillow candy this evening. One thing nice on Windstar is you still have cabin steward service your stateroom twice a day and evening turn down.

IMG_5673.jpeg

IMG_5676.jpeg

IMG_5677.jpeg

IMG_5678.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

IMG_5682.jpeg

• Like 8

I would go with the veal, market salad & blueberry cobbler. Last summer cruise on HAL didn't have a crew show any more, not the last couple.

• Like 2

Good Morning from Basseterre St Kitts, we are enjoying breakfast at the Veranda, Tom had pancakes and usual breakfast meats, I just had some lighter items from the buffet, in about an hour we will be doing a Sugar Cane train around the island.

IMG_5684.jpeg

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5686.jpeg

• Like 10

On 3/5/2024 at 6:09 PM, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Had our picture taken out on the Bow Sprit while sailing out of St Lucia also
 Pics of sail away raising the sails video with music was too long to upload.

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5620.jpeg

Great pics of you two.  And such a neat spot, too 👍 

Really enjoying your LIVE thread.  For some reason, I thought Windstar was all inclusive.  I was surprised you were charged for drinks.  Are they included with meals or is there a charge at all times, please?  Any other extra charges that you have encountered?  Thanks 🙂 

And thanks for this fabulous, interesting thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

Great pics of you two.  And such a neat spot, too 👍 

Really enjoying your LIVE thread.  For some reason, I thought Windstar was all inclusive.  I was surprised you were charged for drinks.  Are they included with meals or is there a charge at all times, please?  Any other extra charges that you have encountered?  Thanks 🙂 

And thanks for this fabulous, interesting thread.

WS has both, you can purchase an all inclusive package or pay as you go. We are thrilled WS ( 28 cruises with WS) has pay as you go because we drink so little and why should we pay for other's drinks. We do not need WIFI either getting it on shore for a few minutes is fine with us. Due to our status we get their outstanding laundry service. On WS cruises all special non alcoholic coffees and teas, sodas, bottled water, comes with the cruise fare. The Yacht Club makes great espresso drinks starting at 6:30 am, part of the fare.  HappyvSailing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Strenz said:

WS has both, you can purchase an all inclusive package or pay as you go. We are thrilled WS ( 28 cruises with WS) has pay as you go because we drink so little and why should we pay for other's drinks. We do not need WIFI either getting it on shore for a few minutes is fine with us. Due to our status we get their outstanding laundry service. On WS cruises all special non alcoholic coffees and teas, sodas, bottled water, comes with the cruise fare. The Yacht Club makes great espresso drinks starting at 6:30 am, part of the fare.  HappyvSailing

Thank you so much for your excellent reply 👍. I appreciate your explanation very much 🙂 

• Like 1