LAFFNVEGAS Live from Windstar Wind Surf March 2, 2024

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Great pics of you two.  And such a neat spot, too 👍 

Really enjoying your LIVE thread.  For some reason, I thought Windstar was all inclusive.  I was surprised you were charged for drinks.  Are they included with meals or is there a charge at all times, please?  Any other extra charges that you have encountered?  Thanks 🙂 

And thanks for this fabulous, interesting thread.

Hi Jacqui. We actually bought the All In package that includes the Beverages, Gratuities and WiFi. We figured 3 drinks may 4 if you drink cheap drinks per day is a break even. For the bottom line we will be break even but it just makes it easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Hi Jacqui. We actually bought the All In package that includes the Beverages, Gratuities and WiFi. We figured 3 drinks may 4 if you drink cheap drinks per day is a break even. For the bottom line we will be break even but it just makes it easier.

Thanks Lisa. As long as you are breaking even it is more than worth it, IMO.  It does make things simpler.  

• Like 2

No, What’s for Dinner tonight since it was the Deck BBQ and all the restaurants are closed.
The entertainment is about to start but here is some of the beginning part.

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5718.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5720.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5727.jpeg

IMG_5728.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5730.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

• Like 12

Oh Lisa.....I want to be there right now!!!  The beautiful orange sky and little tea lights for mood lighting on a ship deck are the perfect setting!  Love it!  Was there any live music during the party?

~Nancy

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

No, What’s for Dinner tonight since it was the Deck BBQ and all the restaurants are closed.
The entertainment is about to start but here is some of the beginning part.

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5718.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5720.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5727.jpeg

IMG_5728.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5730.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

Wow,I have never seen anything like that on HAL or Celebrity, was the food as good as it looks?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Oh Lisa.....I want to be there right now!!!  The beautiful orange sky and little tea lights for mood lighting on a ship deck are the perfect setting!  Love it!  Was there any live music during the party?

~Nancy

Nancy most definitely, the excellent band was playing then the crew started dancing then they clear away part of the buffet tables to do line dancing. It was another fun party.

IMG_5732.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

Wow,I have never seen anything like that on HAL or Celebrity, was the food as good as it looks?

Oh yes definitely way better, I would rate it up there with Wynn or Caesar’s in LasVegas. Very high quality 

• Like 5

Today we are in St Barthes, I have spa appointments this morning,massage and facial then we will head into town since we are here till 10 but will go to Captains Farewell, then we are having dinner with James.

IMG_5733.jpeg

IMG_5734.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5740.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5742.jpeg

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Where are the lobster tails?  That was always the only thing we ate at the deck BBQ.  Hope they have not stopped serving them.  

Kind of good news bad news story with that, they removed the lobsters totally from both due to the rising cost of lobsters, but there was a big uproar that they were removed so they will be returning just unsure when.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

where do you end the cruise?

Sadly we end tomorrow in St Maarten, there is a stateroom we could get last minute to stay on another week but logically will not work especially with the first class air we upgraded to . We cruise in 5 weeks on NCL Joy in the Haven to Bermuda so it not like we do not have a cruise coming soon.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Kind of good news bad news story with that, they removed the lobsters totally from both due to the rising cost of lobsters, but there was a big uproar that they were removed so they will be returning just unsure when

They removed them from the BBQ because there was too much waste.  So now they usually have it one night in Amphora (usually the last night).  Makes more sense

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Misty Morning said:

They removed them from the BBQ because there was too much waste.  So now they usually have it one night in Amphora (usually the last night).  Makes more sense

We do not like buffets.  The BBQ is a buffet.  So, we just fill a plate with lobster tails and that is all we eat.  Never wasted one.  Have even had waiters bring us another plate full when the first was empty.  Hopefully they come back before we sail again.  

• Like 1

Got off the ship and tendered into St. Barths, very hot and humid today. Lots of very high end stores. Tom did find a T-shirt he liked but not in his size so we just passed on spending any money they stated the were $39 euros, yes it’s also very expensive here.
Lots and lots of fancy ships and sail boats.

IMG_5746.jpeg

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5748.jpeg

IMG_5749.jpeg

IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5754.jpeg

• Like 7

Thanks for taking the time on your vacation to post the reports, great pictures and menus. I'm glad you have another cruise to look forward to. Safe travels home. 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A late what’s for dinner but a combination, we ate in Stella with James but could  order off with Amphora or Stella so we had a little of both 
What a great way to end the week. It was so great great to be with James Deering who we have known for over 18 years.

James had the Duck Salad , I had the Roquefort   Salad and Tom had the Caesar Salad, James had Scallops dish , I also had scallops but added on the Lobster from Amphora and Tom had the Prime Rib from Amphora with Lobster , we all had Creme Brulee and a lot of Champagne and wine 😉😁😂
It was an amazing end to a wonderful week on the Windstar Wind Surf.

IMG_5757.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_5761.jpeg

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5763.jpeg

IMG_5765.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

IMG_5767.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

• Like 10

Oh my! So many good choices. Start with the Market salad, hard choice between the spiced pork chop and prime rib, crepes for dessert along with Bailey's. Thanks so much for your wonderful cruise report. Have a safe trip home.

• Like 2

I'll have a Cosmopolitan and Market salad to start. For entree, I would like the lobster tail. For dessert, I'll have Grand Marnier souffle with tea. Thanks again for sharing all the menus. 😊

• Like 1

I would have the lobster, caesar salad, grand marnier souffle. A week on her seems almost to short, at least two weeks. I missed your sail in, by the time I got to the harbour cam you were already docked. I can just see the tops of the masts over the ship beside you. 

• Like 2

Well the cruise has ended and we are traveling home. SXM St Maarten airport was as I expected confusion with little to no signage. Flight did leave on time and we got in on time, but the MIA airport was extra busy and lots of wrong information as to which luggage carousel then the need to recheck bags and long lines of TSA , the lines were so long they sent a bunch of us into the main terminal but since had TSA pre check we left caked out not doing it like they normally do. Normally coming in from an International location you do not get to use your TSA Precheck.

The down side now is our out going flight was to leave at 7:10 it’s now not leaving till 9:10.

Its been a long exhausting day much like how our journey started.

We had a wonderful week on Wind Surf, definitely would do again. We  booked Surf for September 2025 out of Venice while on board . We heard many say they would now only sail small ship, while I love the small ship I still love all cruising and look forward for our next cruise in 5 weeks on the NCL Joy. 
We loved everything about Wind Surf, thought the ship was in great ship for her age, food and service were excellent. 
I think the only flight down side is no sea days on this itinerary and way too much tendering. That was a bit exhausting. But everything thing else was great!!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2