Celebrity Solstice- best tips, ideas, what not to miss?

Hi there - sailing Solstice in 2024… where are your favourite places to hang, drinks to try, food to not miss, be sure to check out, etc…. We are Aqua, and interested in martinis, wine, coffee, yummy food, mild fitness, the library, quiet observation of the sea. Please pass on your favourites! Thanks.

14 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Martini Bar and the World Class Bar are both outstanding.

I’ve always walked by world class bar but never have been there. We have premium drink package. I don’t know anything about this bar. What is fun to try? Is it certain times/day?

On Equinox, Solstice's sister ship, WCB opens at 5. Love the Zacapa Old Fashioned, which now is priced above the Premium Drink Package at $19.  But there are a few drinks still covered there. 

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, 39august said:

On Equinox, Solstice's sister ship, WCB opens at 5. Love the Zacapa Old Fashioned, which now is priced above the Premium Drink Package at $19.  But there are a few drinks still covered there. 

My favorites are still covered - the Double Piquant and the Celebrity No. 10.

Lots of Utube videos available for viewing.  We just watched one that has a 25 minute tour of the ship from top to bottom that was very good.  We haven't been on the Solstice and are going on her to Alaska this May.  We have been on the other three S class ships.  You can also just explore the ship and all that it has when you board her and find out stuff on your own.  It can be fun to explore and uncover things that are new and exciting.  Have a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oskial said:

Lots of Utube videos available for viewing.  We just watched one that has a 25 minute tour of the ship from top to bottom that was very good.  We haven't been on the Solstice and are going on her to Alaska this May.  We have been on the other three S class ships.  You can also just explore the ship and all that it has when you board her and find out stuff on your own.  It can be fun to explore and uncover things that are new and exciting.  Have a great time!

Was on it in 2015 & 2018 and on sister ship Eclipse a few times more recently. We find we beat a narrow path to the “old favourites” and I’d like to branch out and experience a few new things! Try some different foods & cocktails! Sit in a different bar! Try a different fitness class. See some different ship art!

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:08 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We enjoyed the glass blowing at the lawn club. You can sign up to make a piece or you can just watch. The artisans are very talented and help you create a beautiful souvenir of your cruise. 

Yes! 5 of us in our group did this and were able to get back to back appointments and had such a great time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This is my first Celebrity cruise, will be doing Alaska in June. I’ve been on a few RC cruises and was wondering what compares to Cafe Promenade on Solstice as far as getting a regular free coffee, tea or water on deck 4 or 5. We have no drink package.

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 9:07 PM, eyecantwait said:

Yes! 5 of us in our group did this and were able to get back to back appointments and had such a great time!

This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. Were you able to take the piece home? My boyfriend and I are going on her in September to Alaska and I want to do this!! 🙂

Edited by stvntra

Posted (edited)

We've sailed Solstice three times (and a fourth this coming Dec) making it our most frequent ship.  Back in 2010 we did a Western Caribbean cruise and loved the glass making show. In later sailings - Aus-NZ in 2018 and Mexico Riviera in 2023 - the glass show had seemed to have been "dumbed down" a bit to more of an "excursion" and less of a nightly gathering spot for a cool (and fun) alternative show. Still worth the visit, but I do miss the old way.

For us, hands down, the rear of the ship Oceanview Bar is where we spent a good chunk of every day visiting - always for breakfast, and usually pre-dinner for either ice cream or pizza (or both).  We also spend a lot of time - mostly sea days - in the Solarium by the inside pool. Less busy than the main pool deck, and interesting food options pop up from time to time.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:19 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

World Class Bar

I've now seen this mentioned over and over in various threads, and I am sort of shocked we rarely stopped by that bar, and would usually be at the Ensemble (evening), Sky Observatory (Happy Hour & night), or Oceannview Bar (afternoon) instead.  I will make an effort to branch out.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:05 AM, kluv2cruz said:

where are your favourite places to hang, drinks to try, food to not miss, be sure to check out, etc

Check out the Solstice Deck Plan ahead of time if you haven't already as it gives you a perspective on the ship and the comments in this thread. My wife and I only take the stairs, so that's really a fun way to randomly find yourself in a non-typical location. It's also an excuse to eat more desserts.  We ALWAYS review the ice cream in Oceanview and ALWAYS pop past Al Bacio dessert counter.  While we don't usually bother with a drink package, we definitely still like Al Bacio just for the desserts.  The Sky Observatory is often a quiet place to relax when there isn't an event going on, and a nice place to relax inside but watch the scenery pass by. Before most folks are awake, the walking track on 14 is a nice place to get some movement in while the crowds are down.

On 4/25/2024 at 11:01 AM, Hopetotravel said:

This is my first Celebrity cruise, will be doing Alaska in June. I’ve been on a few RC cruises and was wondering what compares to Cafe Promenade on Solstice as far as getting a regular free coffee, tea or water on deck 4 or 5. We have no drink package.

I don't know what the direct comparison would be, but up in Oceanview (all day) and in the Solarium (most of the day), there is coffee and hot water for tea in various stations (along with water and "juices".  Those are up on 12 and 14 (no 13).  The coffee is good (Lavazza, still I think), and there are usually a few tea options.  Bacio has the "fancier" coffees that aren't free, but those are tasty if you do get a drink package.

Edited by Tom and Ingrid
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:08 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

We enjoyed the glass blowing at the lawn club. You can sign up to make a piece or you can just watch. The artisans are very talented and help you create a beautiful souvenir of your cruise. 

Second this. Except that, if you make the jellyfish one, which ends up being in the shape of a small missile head (especially when viewed through an x-ray machine), make sure to pack it in your carry-on in a convenient place for TSA to take it out for examination. Otherwise, they have to remove everything in the bag and unwrap it to actually see it's what you say it is.

The TSA agent was pretty cool about it and thought it was neat once he saw it, but yeah, we didn't think that one through...

2 hours ago, stvntra said:

This will be our first cruise on Celebrity. Were you able to take the piece home? My boyfriend and I are going on her in September to Alaska and I want to do this!! 🙂

Yes. For the price of the session, you can pick between 3 or 4 different pieces that they help you make. Or, for an upgrade, you can make bigger, more elaborate pieces.

19 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

Oceanview (all day) and in the Solarium (most of the day), there is coffee and hot water for tea in various stations (along with water and "juices".  Those are up on 12 and 14 (no 13).  The coffee is good (Lavazza, still I think), and there are usually a few tea options.  Bacio has the "fancier" coffees that aren't free, but those are tasty if you do get a drink package.

Thank you 😊 

On 4/26/2024 at 12:59 PM, stvntra said:

Yes, I just did a tumbler so it traveled well. I had brought some bubble wrap and it was fine.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

71493508407__E8ABB73A-3DD5-47C5-BCE6-22CF27FAAACB.HEIC

On 3/1/2024 at 9:05 PM, kluv2cruz said:

Hi there - sailing Solstice in 2024… where are your favourite places to hang, drinks to try, food to not miss, be sure to check out, etc…. We are Aqua, and interested in martinis, wine, coffee, yummy food, mild fitness, the library, quiet observation of the sea. Please pass on your favourites! Thanks.

We went on her fall of 2022.  The Marini Bar is worth it.  Try to get a bar top seat to watch the showmanship of the bartenders.  Coffee bar was nice especially when returning from cold wet Alaska ports.  We were not impressed with the buffet and fortunately they served B, L, and D every day in the main dining room which was a nice change.

If they do the 80's night or the Abba Sing Along GO GO GO!  Introvert me had a blast!

Shows were good, comedian not so much.

Ship photography was awful.  They shot at angles that insinuated our stomachs and had cutesy images on the photos.  We did not buy any of them.

Alaska that did have vats of hot chicken broth waiting for us when we boarded to warm up.  That was a nice touch.