Corner Sunset Sky Suites

Hi, is there a problem with the corner Sunset Sky Suites?  Example Cabin 9301 on Silhouette?  I’m looking and I see the corner Sky suites are available where all the ones in the middle are taken. Just making me wonder. TIA.

I really like the corner aft suites. The first night, you are liable to encounter the pole during nocturnal ramblings, but you quickly internalize where it is and it ceases to be a problem. The porthole makes the room much brighter and cheery than the other aft suites.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, elapel01 said:

Hi, is there a problem with the corner Sunset Sky Suites?  Example Cabin 9301 on Silhouette?  I’m looking and I see the corner Sky suites are available where all the ones in the middle are taken. Just making me wonder. TIA.

As others have said there is a support pole in the room but I agree, run into it once in the dark and it probably will not happen again. 

Many deck plans will show some of the corner sky suites as a connecting room but not in the usual way.  They share a common vestibule with another aft cabin.

We will be on Silhouette in 9301, in about 3 weeks.  

Watch this video for the deck 10 corner Sunset Sky suite on Silhouette.  I found it on cruisedeckplans.com

https://s3.amazonaws.com/shipcabins/video/17/17452.mp4 for an example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been in one on Silhouette and Equinox.  A long walk, but the room is lovely.  No more butler, however.  Would not pay for it again except for Silhouette since she's fully Revolutionized. 

1 hour ago, marieps said:

We've been in one on Silhouette and Equinox.  A long walk, but the room is lovely.  No more butler, however.  Would not pay for it again except for Silhouette since she's fully Revolutionized. 

Have you cruised Celebrity very recently?  I have read Celebrity has listened to negative feedback about the change in butler service and is bringing the service back to it's previous form. 

We didn't book this Retreat suite for butlers alone.  We booked this right after the restart when all the cruise lines were offering cheaper rates to get their customers back. The aft location was the draw for us.

The porthole window is my favorite feature of a corner sky suite.  Cabin is so much brighter.  Also an additional view.  Will only book a sky suite if it’s a corner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcrabb1513 said:

Have you cruised Celebrity very recently?  I have read Celebrity has listened to negative feedback about the change in butler service and is bringing the service back to it's previous form. 

We didn't book this Retreat suite for butlers alone.  We booked this right after the restart when all the cruise lines were offering cheaper rates to get their customers back. The aft location was the draw for us.

October we were on the Silhouette TA in the corner aft on Deck 8.  Before that Equinox 2022/2023 holiday cruise in the same room, though it's a different number.  Eq had a butler, Sil did not.  The attendant was awesome but still not a butler.  We've dropped back to AQ for cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette in '24 and '25.  I have not heard butlers are returning to SS.  Hope they do.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, marieps said:

October we were on the Silhouette TA in the corner aft on Deck 8.  Before that Equinox 2022/2023 holiday cruise in the same room, though it's a different number.  Eq had a butler, Sil did not.  The attendant was awesome but still not a butler.  We've dropped back to AQ for cruises on Eclipse and Silhouette in '24 and '25.  I have not heard butlers are returning to SS.  Hope they do.

I'm not sure either way.  This will be our first Retreat suite class voyage.  In fact this is our first Celebrity cruise since 2014.  From what I have read some really use butler service while others do not.

Either way we are looking forward to an aft facing cabin.

Edited by rcrabb1513
  • Like 1

I really like the corner aft Sky Suites. My sister and I were in one for her first Celebrity cruise in October and she liked it so much she chose the same cabin when she booked her next cruise. I like the shaded/protected ones underneath the Oceanview Cafe deck. 

• Like 1

We enjoyed the extra space, but were unable to use the balcony much due to the area in which we were cruising - hot sun most of the day - the opposite side would have been better on that cruise.

We did not have a problem with the pole, or if I remember correctly we had two poles.

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 2:54 AM, elapel01 said:

I’m looking and I see the corner Sky suites are available where all the ones in the middle are taken. Just making me wonder.

If by "middle" you mean aft-facing, non-corner sky suites, then I also find it a bit perplexing that these would have sold before the corner ones.  It could any number of reasons.  There are still two, maybe three corner aft sky suites (Sunset Sky Suites) available on our upcoming Silhouette cruise.  I think the remaining availability has more to do with insane pricing than inferiority.  We have a weak MoveUp bid pending on the category, but not optimistic about winning.  There are a couple of other non-corner aft sky suites remaining as well.  We would be just as content with one of those.  For us it is all about Luminae and the aft view, not the corner.  Although it is fun to sit in the round window in the corner ones.  We had and loved 1665 on Silhouette in the past.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The spider, or window-washer could be an issue(maybe not)depending on which deck it resides.  It is for some, but not that much for others.  Deck 6 really has small balconies!

We used to always book the corner sky suites until Celebrity started charging a premium for them .

The pole in the middle was no problem and the extra space in the cabin and wrap around balcony was great. However if your are on the deck below the aft cafe you will hear chairs being dragged around especially in the morning. Also you get the auto window washing equipment parked by your balcony.

Still the best cabins though

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 2:54 AM, elapel01 said:

I did a live review of our sailing in an aft corner suite on deck 12 of the Silhouette in March - April 2022. 

We loved the extra room and larger balcony and the aft corners are our favorite Sky Suites on the S-Class ships.  

Here is a link to the review and they are pictures of the suite staring on page 4. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2024 at 6:34 AM, rcrabb1513 said:

As others have said there is a support pole in the room but I agree, run into it once in the dark and it probably will not happen again. 

Many deck plans will show some of the corner sky suites as a connecting room but not in the usual way.  They share a common vestibule with another aft cabin.

We will be on Silhouette in 9301, in about 3 weeks.  

Watch this video for the deck 10 corner Sunset Sky suite on Silhouette.  I found it on cruisedeckplans.com

https://s3.amazonaws.com/shipcabins/video/17/17452.mp4 for an example.

@rcrabb1513 We are considering 9301 on Silhouette for a Greek cruise this fall. We’ve never had a sunset suite - would you mind telling me how you liked it and if you had any issues? Thank you!

On 4/21/2024 at 12:39 PM, MarEll1 said:

@rcrabb1513 We are considering 9301 on Silhouette for a Greek cruise this fall. We’ve never had a sunset suite - would you mind telling me how you liked it and if you had any issues? Thank you!

There is another thread on the corner suites in general.  I posted this:

We have been in 9301 (port side corner aft sunset suite) and we loved it. Yes there was a pole in the cabin about 6 inches from the bed (see the attached picture). It was on my side of the bed at about my knee, and was not an issue. On a rough sea day it was helpful to have it to steady myself after just waking as the ship was rolling a bit. If standing at the railing you could see balconies below but sitting nothing but ocean and the wake. I am sure those above could see us if we were both at the railing. I never gave it thought though. We wouldn’t hesitate to book it again

I think the biggest drawback is the long walk from the closest elevators to our cabin.  At the beginning of the cruise it was no big deal.  As the 10 night cruise progressed it became a bother, but certainly not a deal breaker.  However, if you forget something and have to go back to retrieve it, it would be a bigger issue.  Thankfully, we never had that happen.

Bedwithpole.thumb.jpeg.99be5c4a8e0671e9e272b08c6c8cc9b3.jpeg

• Like 1