Door Decoration banned on Regal Princess

Btimmer

We were informed yesterday that per new Princess Company policy, no door decorations are allowed and we had to remove ours.  After following up, a supervisor explained and read the policy which only permits company approved items in public areas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

I would want to know what the decoration was. I have always seen decorations on doors in the past   Was there something political, religious, sexuality topic ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would want to know what the decoration was. I have always seen decorations on doors in the past   Was there something political, religious, sexuality topic ?

None of the above.  It's a change in policy just being implemented without notice.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Btimmer said:

None of the above.  It's a change in policy just being implemented without notice.  

I wonder  if they have gotten tired of arguing about content   Like upside down pineapples, attacks on politicians etc. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

I wonder  if they have gotten tired of arguing about content   Like upside down pineapples, attacks on politicians etc. 

I was told it was a 'safety' issue, but it made no sense and was being implemented fleet wide.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

I was told it was a 'safety' issue, but it made no sense and was being implemented fleet wide.

I was on Regal until Feb25 th. Was not enforced, but I have heard of it in the past when people were putting Christmas decorations on the doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Btimmer said:

We were informed yesterday that per new Princess Company policy, no door decorations are allowed and we had to remove ours.  After following up, a supervisor explained and read the policy which only permits company approved items in public areas. 

This is a fairly common "fire" safety issue.  Just more fuel if there happens to be a fire.  Christmas trees in public spaces have some pretty strict regulations.  Also, and I know that I'll get a lot of blow-back on this, but lights, and cheap paper decorations are possible fire hazards.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else, I had battery operated lights and non-flammable magnetic door decorations for every holiday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Did it involve balloons?  They have been banned for a few years now.

No.  It had nothing to do with the specific sign.  It's virtually a total ban fleetwide.

We never did it ourselves, but I always enjoyed the little splashes of personality while walking down the otherwise drab corridors.  I particularly like holiday decorations and those announcing a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.).

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Btimmer said:

We were informed yesterday that per new Princess Company policy, no door decorations are allowed

If true and enforced on our future cruises my DW will be so disappointed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cattolica said:

Yay…..very happy they finally banned door decorations.    It seems ridiculous that they ever allowed it.   

What a grumpy "stay off my lawn kids" kind of retort!!  LOL

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, cattolica said:

Yay…..very happy they finally banned door decorations.    It seems ridiculous that they ever allowed it.   

Agree.... always thought they took away from Princess elegance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

Will the Cruising Ducks be banned next? Are they a "Safety Issue" as well? Just ridiculous.  

I thought Princess was trying to attract families to sail?  No door decor, no ducks?  WTH

• Like 2