Sun Princess

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Looking over this thread. Thanks.

wondering if drinks are included if you have plus package for drinks in Spellbound & Love by Britto.

or

included in the cover charge?

From the YouTube video I saw, I would infer that the drinks were included with the cover charge with Spellbound. It was a show that included dinner and then you moved into the bar area before you moved into the show area.  No idea about Love by Britto,  but since it's set up like a specialty restaurant, I would assume that no drinks are included, but the 15.00 maximum cost would come into play if you had the Plus package.

Edited by Retired-N-Happy
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dog said:

wondering if drinks are included if you have plus package for drinks in Spellbound & Love by Britto.

or

IIRC for Spellbound the drinks are included in the cover charge. Very interesting drinks too!

Love by Britto was not yet open when we sailed.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2024 at 6:32 AM, dog said:

or

I was very upset with Spellbound. Not only was it a terrible meal, but we didnt have more than 45 minutes of magic.
The rest of the time was spend drinking at a bar, and I could do that anyway as I had paid for a package.
Yes, the cocktails are unique to Spellbound and whilst they are presented well, the flavours are not great. They tried too hard.

The main gripe was tickets were $149 each but for the most part, Id already paid for drinks in my package.
I complained and got half my money back.

Terrible evening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

I was very upset with Spellbound. Not only was it a terrible meal, but we didnt have more than 45 minutes of magic.
The rest of the time was spend drinking at a bar, and I could do that anyway as I had paid for a package.
Yes, the cocktails are unique to Spellbound and whilst they are presented well, the flavours are not great. They tried too hard.

The main gripe was tickets were $149 each but for the most part, Id already paid for drinks in my package.

Terrible evening.

Sorry to hear that. We were all-in on the SB experience idea initially and noticed that the pre show dining did not look unique or appealing (nor is the price appealing). It is underscored by included Premier package where you now have a 'free' specialty dining option vs. paying for a perhaps less interesting option.  Instead of a 'money grab', the Spellbound lounge and show experience could have become a novel 'tool' for Princess. Maybe allow elite/suite passengers access for a nominal fee (50-75)? I personally believe the dinner will be dropped and price reduced for this experience. Along those lines I don't get paying extra for Britto when other specialty dinng is at no cost?  JMHO

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LittleTinker said:

Terrible evening.

Should be a 39-49 dollar show with drinks.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

Along those lines I don't get paying extra for Britto when other specialty dinng is at no cost?  JMHO

It would appeal to those that have no package or just have Plus, basically everybody on board that doesn't have Premier.

• Like 1

I have a sailing booked for the first of March next year, and I am super stoked. Buuut, I have a couple of questions…. 

1- What is your (people who have sailed Princess before) experience with the medallions? Do you like them, hate them, or have a favorite or least favorite thing about them?

2- How did the premier package go? I have that ready to go when I get in the ship and I am wondering if there are any special things I can get that aren’t listed in the package details.

3- What has your experiences been at Sabatini’s, the italian restaurant, and the Teppanyaki place? I have both of them reserved and am wondering thoughts about both.

@deckrbert We love the medallion! In fact we are just back from a cruise on Celebrity and we commented several times how much we missed the medallion on Princess. We like being able to order drinks wherever we are on the ship and have them delivered to us. I like having a latte delivered to my room every morning when I wake up. We like that our door is unlocked when we approach and don’t have to look for our key card like you do on Celebrity or at a hotel. I also like being able to see where my DH and our travel companions are on the ship so I can find them easily.

We’ve only had Premier once and I don’t remember any benefits that weren’t advertised. We will have it again in 18 days when we board the Sun.

We are sailing on the Sun for the first 2 weeks of November and have both Sabatini’s and Teppanyaki booked. If you tag me after 11/16 I’ll let you know what our group thought of both restaurants. On other Princess ships we have loved Sabatini’s. I expect to love it on the Sun too but only time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

@deckrbert We love the medallion! In fact we are just back from a cruise on Celebrity and we commented several times how much we missed the medallion on Princess. We like being able to order drinks wherever we are on the ship and have them delivered to us. I like having a latte delivered to my room every morning when I wake up. We like that our door is unlocked when we approach and don’t have to look for our key card like you do on Celebrity or at a hotel. I also like being able to see where my DH and our travel companions are on the ship so I can find them easily.

We’ve only had Premier once and I don’t remember any benefits that weren’t advertised. We will have it again in 18 days when we board the Sun.

We are sailing on the Sun for the first 2 weeks of November and have both Sabatini’s and Teppanyaki booked. If you tag me after 11/16 I’ll let you know what our group thought of both restaurants. On other Princess ships we have loved Sabatini’s. I expect to love it on the Sun too but only time will tell.

We enjoyed the food in the Teppanyaki restaurant but our cook was not very entertaining compared to another table which made it disappointing.

@deckrbert, we enjoyed the Medallion a lot, makes things so convenient. I don't understand why all the other cruise lines haven't adopted it yet.

The Premier package is nice, my wife likes all the extra perks you get. But the Plus is pretty good too, and I initially had ordered it with our trip aboard the SP in May, but then decided to upgrade to one of the new Sanctuary balconies, which comes with the Premier so we'll really be living it up in style.

We ate at Sabatini's onboard the Caribbean Princess last December, it was very good.

32 minutes ago, Globaler said:

We enjoyed the food in the Teppanyaki restaurant but our cook was not very entertaining compared to another table which made it disappointing.

15 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

@deckrbert, we enjoyed the Medallion a lot, makes things so convenient. I don't understand why all the other cruise lines haven't adopted it yet.

The Premier package is nice, my wife likes all the extra perks you get. But the Plus is pretty good too, and I initially had ordered it with our trip aboard the SP in May, but then decided to upgrade to one of the new Sanctuary balconies, which comes with the Premier so we'll really be living it up in style.

We ate at Sabatini's onboard the Caribbean Princess last December, it was very good.

2 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Thank you all so much for your help. I hope that you guys have good sailing in the future. Thanks again for the help, have a good one!

1 hour ago, Globaler said:

I think it also depends on the other folks at your table.  We were 3 separate groups and didn't really socialize with each other too much.  The other tables were having a lot more fun than we were.  (or maybe we had the same cook. 🙂 )

• Like 1

A number of the bartenders have gotten really good at leveraging the medallion. Maybe not at a crazy busy bar, but...

You walk up, they scan the detections, pick you out, and greet you by name.

I'm not sure if they are seeing your history (yet), but they sometimes were able to find your drink without scrolling through the dozen similar names on their tablet (they have several varieties of Talisker on board, not just the regular 10-year-old).

On 10/15/2024 at 9:33 AM, deckrbert said:

I have a sailing booked for the first of March next year, and I am super stoked. Buuut, I have a couple of questions…. 

1- What is your (people who have sailed Princess before) experience with the medallions? Do you like them, hate them, or have a favorite or least favorite thing about them?

2- How did the premier package go? I have that ready to go when I get in the ship and I am wondering if there are any special things I can get that aren’t listed in the package details.

3- What has your experiences been at Sabatini’s, the italian restaurant, and the Teppanyaki place? I have both of them reserved and am wondering thoughts about both.

I will share my opinion about Sabatini’s and the Teppanyaki grill in a few weeks. I am allergic to dairy so you probably won’t be interested in anything that I will be having but I will take photos of my friends meal if I am able. 

On 10/15/2024 at 5:15 PM, KLM3164 said:

We went to both on the Sun in August.

Teppanyaki was really good. We had fun with our dining companions who we hadn’t met before. The cook was very entertaining too.

Sabatini’s however was not so good. The ambiance/decor isn’t as good on the Sun compared with the Grand class ships. Sabatini’s on Royal/Regal is better than Sun Princess too.

Food is still good but I won’t bother again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Does anyone know if the blue bag has returned on the Sun Princess? I’m just wondering if I will need to remove the kitchen sink from my suitcase so I can fit in some bags.

We never got one, but didn’t miss it either.