SOOOO Just how BAD is the MARINER???

57 minutes ago, cwn said:

so all that leaves is the Explorer…. Surely someone can find some problem with her too…. Chair hogs, vibrations, noise, cranky  toilers….anything?

Whistling balcony doors (current complaint on FB) 😊

1 hour ago, cwn said:

Well when we were on the Splendor our toilet almost daily  at least one time didn’t flush. Most of the time it flushed in a little while in its own but once or twice we had a surprise……. Guess this means the Splendor is a no go too!

Since the Navigator and the Mariner are old, the Navigator and the Voyager vibrate at some speeds, Grandeur has noisy rooms, the toilets on the Splendor and Mariner have problems…..so all that leaves is the Explorer…. Surely someone can find some problem with her too…. Chair hogs, vibrations, noise, cranky  toilers….anything?🤣

Sure! I can add something for Explorer

..remember all the "whistling veranda doors" in the early sailings?  Someone is now reporting the same problems on that ship.  So, yet another ship to avoid?  🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cwn said:

Well when we were on the Splendor our toilet almost daily  at least one time didn’t flush. Most of the time it flushed in a little while in its own but once or twice we had a surprise……. Guess this means the Splendor is a no go too!

Since the Navigator and the Mariner are old, the Navigator and the Voyager vibrate at some speeds, Grandeur has noisy rooms, the toilets on the Splendor and Mariner have problems…..so all that leaves is the Explorer…. Surely someone can find some problem with her too…. Chair hogs, vibrations, noise, cranky  toilers….anything?🤣

Well, we join Splendor in less than 2 weeks for the TA. We will see first hand if toilets are cranky 😆. On a more serious note, we have spent 27 nights on Oceania's new Vista in the last 4 months. Never again! "Thin wall" noise between cabin issue is a big problem. Concern that Grandeur suffers from reported same issue and was built in same ship yard, raises concern that will keep me away from her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Well, we join Splendor in less than 2 weeks for the TA. We will see first hand if toilets are cranky 😆. On a more serious note, we have spent 27 nights on Oceania's new Vista in the last 4 months. Never again! "Thin wall" noise between cabin issue is a big problem. Concern that Grandeur suffers from reported same issue and was built in same ship yard, raises concern that will keep me away from her.

The Splendor was very comfortable ship (even if the toilet was a bit slow sometimes😁). It was the larger passenger load that was noticeable to us, the effect that had on the special small ship feeling and the ship was a bit shinny for our taste. We like the Mariner and the Navigator better  We don’t miss the speciality restaurants. We just special order things we like  from Compass Rose. Have a good cruise!

• Like 3

We like all the ships in the Regent fleet (yet to try Grandeur).

Each ship has its plus points and minuses.

Every cruise is slightly different and, as well as the ship, we find our experience to be more influenced by the Regent team, entertainers, fellow guests and weather - none of which can be predicted with certainty in advance.

We tend to choose our cruises based on itinerary and our judgement of value for money; booking and going on all our vacations with a positive attitude.

Maybe this thread should have been titled “What are Mariner’s good & bad points?” rather than “Just how bad is the Mariner?” 🤔

• Like 13

On 3/19/2024 at 3:00 AM, RELS said:

No, but the RSO on the Splendor was terrific! At least it was in Dec/Jan for our cruise.

on my recent cruise on Splendor there were rumouts the CD was not visible enough...

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

"High level?" What's that got to do with it?

It should have nothing to do with it - and some of the CD I am fine with not seeing as much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Am currently on Mariner for the WC.  Ship is fine. Not as shiny and new as the Explorer class, but definitely holding its own.  Been on since Jan 6, and toilet has had a couple of hiccups that were quickly resolved. Decor a bit dated, but I am even more dated so not an issue. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

SHE 🙂 was not seen much and was the most non productive CD we have ever had---her show in the morning was a love fest with asst but NO INFO except games----very non producing ---IMHO

3 hours ago, fb0075 said:

SHE 🙂 was not seen much and was the most non productive CD we have ever had---her show in the morning was a love fest with asst but NO INFO except games----very non producing ---IMHO

Will take that any day instead of a cruise director who makes everything about themselves...asking for applause before pre show introductions, too many long winded announcements, wearing attention getting outfits...etc etc.

• Like 2

My husband and I sailed on Regent Mariner Nov-Dec 2023. We loved the ship. We experienced no plumbing issues. Food and service was absolutely amazing. We would not hesitate to sail Mariner again. Kasia and Boogie were very talented and entertaining. My husband did say the gym on Mariner leaves something to be desired. But I don't use the gym. Our room steward Emma and waiter in Compass Rose Dennis were wonderful. Now you have me wanting to book another cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 10:12 AM, papaflamingo said:

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the info.  

A story... my son was a Navy F/A-18 pilot and deployed on the USS Bush for 7 months.  The Bush has the vacuum toilet system, the older carriers used a salt water flush system.  Anyway, the vacuum toilet system was so bad that they had to assign dedicated crew members whose only job was keeping the system working.  Each morning my son would put on the TV to the ships announcement channel and they would announce what section of the ship had operating toilets.  It was a long 7 months. 🤣

Still, it beats the old 'poop deck' solution.  Gotta keep things in perspective...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:47 PM, fb0075 said:

Name?

• Like 1