Crown Loft Suite Questions Oasis

Do the two-story Crown Loft Suites on Oasis of the Seas have an entrance to the corridor on the upper level or is there only suite entry on the lower level? How does the Suite lounge on Royal (Sky class) compare to the Retreat lounge on Celebrity in terms of food and beverage offerings? Is Coastal Kitchen as "good" as Luminae? 

34 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Do the two-story Crown Loft Suites on Oasis of the Seas have an entrance to the corridor on the upper level or is there only suite entry on the lower level? How does the Suite lounge on Royal (Sky class) compare to the Retreat lounge on Celebrity in terms of food and beverage offerings? Is Coastal Kitchen as "good" as Luminae? 

only lower level

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

We just stayed in a CL Suite on Symphony so probably very similar to Oasis.  Only one entrance as the upper level is the "loft".  We have sailed The Retreat on Celebrity many times. We like the CL on Oasis Class because it is a pretty quiet area (all the CL suites only) on the same deck as the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  This area has coffee and a very good continental breakfast in the A.M. and treats in the afternoon and hot/cold appetizers in the evening pre-dinner.  All a short walk from your suite.  Two suite concierges in there too.  And CK for dining three meals.  The SL is open until 11PM for wine, beer and some mixed drinks even without a drinks package.  Or if you are Diamond or above, drink coupons are accepted too.  On Celebrity most suites come with a Premium Drinks package so more is included at the bar in the Retreat.  As much as we love Luminae, the CK dining and service is on par IMO.  The menu offerings have more selections and variety in CK, again IMO.  We have done CL suites twice (Harmony and Symphony) and love them.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, that is helpful info. We usually book Sky Suites on Celebrity but this will be our first suite on Royal (although we have cruised several times with Royal years ago). We are Diamond and not heavy drinkers so it sounds like the suite lounge and coupons will be more than adequate for us instead of having to buy a drink package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Thank you, that is helpful info. We usually book Sky Suites on Celebrity but this will be our first suite on Royal (although we have cruised several times with Royal years ago). We are Diamond and not heavy drinkers so it sounds like the suite lounge and coupons will be more than adequate for us instead of having to buy a drink package.

That is exactly what we did a few weeks ago.  We used our SL drinks and our D+ coupons and never bought a drinks package.  Plenty of drinks for us.  There is a nice coffee machine in the SL too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2024 at 9:11 AM, TeeRick said:

The SL is open until 11PM for wine, beer and some mixed drinks even without a drinks package.  

?  Mixed drinks, too?  Like what?

19 minutes ago, mafig said:

The have a fairly good selection of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, scotch, and whiskey.  So, the usual type of mixed drinks, rum and coke, sunrises, scotch and soda, etc, are normally included.  The SL Bar staff is very nice and they will let you know what they are able to do.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mafig said:

Anything you can get with drink coupon, but those drinks are only for three hour happy hour , normally from 5 to 8.

Thanks for all of the info on the CLS! Now, I'm even more excited to experience the suite life, even if it is over a year away that we'll be in a CLS on Oasis!! Woot!! Woot!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Anything you can get with drink coupon, but those drinks are only for three hour happy hour , normally from 5 to 8.

I take it that means that we don't need to use our drink vouchers for mixed drinks during the 3-hr HH, am I correct?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I take it that means that we don't need to use our drink vouchers for mixed drinks during the 3-hr HH, am I correct?

Correct….as long as you are a suite guest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, George C said:

Oh, I knew that.

I just mis-read TeeRick's post thinking that mixed drinks were also available from 11 to 11PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Oh, I knew that.

I just mis-read TeeRick's post thinking that mixed drinks were also available from 11 to 11PM.

Sometimes they are.  I seem to remember the drinks being offered last year on Oasis in Jan and Mar when we sailed.  The welcome letter in your suite will provide hours and you can always ask the Suite Concierges.  ☺️

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Sometimes they are.  I seem to remember the drinks being offered last year on Oasis in Jan and Mar when we sailed.  The welcome letter in your suite will provide hours and you can always ask the Suite Concierges.  ☺️

You should get a email about 5 days before sailing listing all the perks for a suite etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

You should get a email about 5 days before sailing listing all the perks for a suite etc

CL remains our favorite experience, but boy, you were correct about the YC...it's a close second.

• Like 2

In Coastal Kitchen, is premium water (such as San Pellegrino) provided for free (as it is in Celebrity's Luminae) or do we need to use our Diamond drink vouchers? 

43 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

In Coastal Kitchen, is premium water (such as San Pellegrino) provided for free (as it is in Celebrity's Luminae) or do we need to use our Diamond drink vouchers? 

Water , soda and wine are free all day , I am sure that includes premium water. I definitely prefer celebrity suite perks over rccl .

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 5:09 PM, OceanCruise said:

If you are comparing against a Celebrity Edge class suite with retreat access ....it doesn't come close.  Luminae is defiantly better than Coastal Kitchen. Coastal is just a smaller scale main dining room with a bit more personal service.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bajathree said:

If you are comparing against a Celebrity Edge class suite with retreat access ....it doesn't come close.  Luminae is defiantly better than Coastal Kitchen. Coastal is just a smaller scale main dining room with a bit more personal service.

Have you dined in CK? I don't really agree with you after dining recently in CK on Symphony  and Luminae on Equinox.  CK is much better than a smaller version MDR.  The food, selection and service are all excellent IMO.  Comparable to Luminae. But this is all subjective of course.  I was not a fan of Luminae on Edge compared to S-Class or M-Class ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Have you dined in CK? I don't really agree with you after dining recently in CK on Symphony  and Luminae on Equinox.  CK is much better than a smaller version MDR.  The food, selection and service are all excellent IMO.  Comparable to Luminae. But this is all subjective of course.  I was not a fan of Luminae on Edge compared to S-Class or M-Class ships.

I have dined in CK many times. Overall I have found Luminae to be of better quality...actually I always find Celebrity food to be of better quality overall. Celebrity has more $ to spend on dining compared to Royal so really not that surprising. Royal has to spread out their $ to more areas to pay for all the bells and whistles. Actually my favorite is Blu...even over Luminae. But yes....food is all subjective and can vary greatly from sailing to sailing...ship to ship.

• Like 2

The only issue I had with the CL on Oasis, other than the stairs getting old by the third day, was Deck 17 being so far away from everything you’d want to do on the ship. Also there’s no quick running up to your room if you need to change, grab something or drop anything off. Celebrity suites are a lot more convenient to the remainder of the ship. I mean if you’re just going to eat and drink all day and nothing else, the CL is ok but not if you’re interested in activities.

Everything else as far as dining, service, amenities I found to be comparable. Size wise I’d compare the CL to a Celebrity Suite. 

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

I have dined in CK many times. Overall I have found Luminae to be of better quality...actually I always find Celebrity food to be of better quality overall. Celebrity has more $ to spend on dining compared to Royal so really not that surprising. Royal has to spread out their $ to more areas to pay for all the bells and whistles. Actually my favorite is Blu...even over Luminae. But yes....food is all subjective and can vary greatly from sailing to sailing...ship to ship.

I also prefer Blu so I tend to go for Aqua Sky Suites. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Luminae is definitely better than CK , we buy UDP when sailing on rccl so we can avoid dinner there , I do like breakfast there . I love Edge class retreat but prefer luminae on M class ships , love the lobster roll for lunch on embarkation day for lunch , had two a couple weeks ago on Summit . I also prefer MSc yacht club dinning room over CK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

Luminae is definitely better than CK , we buy UDP when sailing on rccl so we can avoid dinner there , I do like breakfast there . I love Edge class retreat but prefer luminae on M class ships , love the lobster roll for lunch on embarkation day for lunch , had two a couple weeks ago on Summit . I also prefer MSc yacht club dinning room over CK. 

OK as I mentioned subjective.  But we really liked CK on our cruise last month on Symphony.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TeeRick said:

OK as I mentioned subjective.  But we really liked CK on our cruise last month on Symphony.

While the food quality was decent in CK on Oasis, there was way too much repetition especially for a 7 day sailing. I remember a lunch menu being repeated for dinner two days later.