Sharing Priority Tendering - Elite with non-Elite???

Thrak

Don't think I have ever seen this particular question addressed. I know what my first reaction is but I'm looking for the "real" answer.

When we were Platinum we shared a priority tender ride with a couple who were Elite. At that time they said they were each allowed to bring one "guest" for the priority tendering so the 4 of us had an "in" and didn't have to get tickets and wait to be called. That "may" have been kosher at that time but we really don't know. I'd like to know if:

1.That was, at one time, kosher but no longer is acceptable

2. That never was kosher and we "got over" on the system

3. That is actually how priority tendering works and it is okay to do so today

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Don't think I have ever seen this particular question addressed. I know what my first reaction is but I'm looking for the "real" answer.

When we were Platinum we shared a priority tender ride with a couple who were Elite. At that time they said they were each allowed to bring one "guest" for the priority tendering so the 4 of us had an "in" and didn't have to get tickets and wait to be called. That "may" have been kosher at that time but we really don't know. I'd like to know if:

1.That was, at one time, kosher but no longer is acceptable

2. That never was kosher and we "got over" on the system

3. That is actually how priority tendering works and it is okay to do so today

I think your friends misunderstood and you got lucky.

We've been Elite for a really long time and never heard that we could bring anyone.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chamima said:

I think your friends misunderstood and you got lucky.

We've been Elite for a really long time and never heard that we could bring anyone.

Exactly my thought on the matter. Thanks for verifying. Pretty sure they broke us up as two couples - one in each couple Elite. Sounded a bit "odd" at the time. Perhaps it would fly in the past but, in the day of the Medallion, it seemed pretty "iffy" to me.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I agree.  We were told you “all” had to be Elite.  So, I would still ask, it won’t hurt anything. 

Nah... I'm old and boring and follow the rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On the Emerald in January, it was a free for all for Elites.  Tickets weren't even handed out in the dining room.  You just showed up, showed your Medallion, and were directed to take the stairs to the water shuttle embarkation area.  If you just joined the Elite queue after exiting the dining room, you were considered priority.  

I think it all depends on who's running the show in the Elite Water Shuttle Lounge and if they're strict on enforcement.  In the past, I've been able to take 2 of my cousins who were at the time first time Princess cruisers.

We have been told each Elite person can bring one other person with them. I guess it was meant to cover a non Elite cabin mate but have never seen it verified.

49 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

On the Emerald in January, it was a free for all for Elites.  Tickets weren't even handed out in the dining room.  You just showed up, showed your Medallion, and were directed to take the stairs to the water shuttle embarkation area.  If you just joined the Elite queue after exiting the dining room, you were considered priority.  

I think it all depends on who's running the show in the Elite Water Shuttle Lounge and if they're strict on enforcement.  In the past, I've been able to take 2 of my cousins who were at the time first time Princess cruisers.

35 minutes ago, Potstech said:

We have been told each Elite person can bring one other person with them. I guess it was meant to cover a non Elite cabin mate but have never seen it verified.

I guess I could ask the officers point blank at the Meet & Greet. With over 150 cruise passengers in attendance I wonder what the answer would be...

• Haha 1

@Thrak .. we were onboard recently with friends that weren’t yet elite.  It appears, at least on the Royal Princess, that elites didn’t grab a tender ticket but were sent to meet in the Take 5 bar to be taken to the next waiting tender as a group.  Our platinum friends were not allowed to join us .. we asked.  We just had to meet up with them once onshore.  I am almost sure that exceptions are made but that is our recent experience.  

An Elite travelling with a non Elite passenger can both board the priority tender if the Elite passenger has the same cabin number, they can also take their children with them too.

• Like 2

We have found if you are all part of the same traveling party they will allow a non Elite companion within reason. We have had friends of my kids who traveled with us who were sharing our rooms - they were allowed. My daughter’s boyfriend - now husband was allowed to join her no issue at all. I think if you are two separate traveling parties who are not related or sharing a reservation somehow, it’s less likely to be permitted. 

We sailed last week on the Caribbean Princess. During stop at Princess Cay one of our party was elite, we are platinum, and we checked in for tender at elite lounge, Island dining room, and were given priority passes. No fuss was made, seems like normal practice.

Many thanks to all who responded. I think I have my answer now so I will ask the mods to close this thread so it doesn't show up again 2 years later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1