Do you suppose these C&A VIP’s get Zenith status, or just Elite?

Posted (edited)

Royal Caribbean is granting pinnacle status to some of their special employees, according to the newsletter received in today’s email.  According to the last sentence, they will get some sort of reciprocal Captain’s Club status.  Since pinnacle is worth elite for passengers, what do you think it will be worth for these special pinnacles, elite, or zenith?🤔

90D0732B-7614-4395-82DC-0E695845C0C6.png

Edited by cruisestitch

If Pinnacle equates to Elite on Celebrity, then why would you think it would equate to Zenith?

In any event, it's a nice gesture and the details are none of my business.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no problem with this status being awarded to a limited number of employees, whether it is Pinnacle on RCCL or Zenith on Celebrity. They are long time cruise line employees and have earned the recognition. So as @markebsays, “who cares.” Actually, I would enjoy talking to one of them in the suite lounge/aka Michael’s Club/aka the Retreat Lounge.

• Like 1

Please don’t misunderstand—-I am all go or them getting well-deserved recognition.  I just wonder what it amounts to.  It says they will get “many of the benefits” but the devil is always in the details—-which ones?🤔

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Please don’t misunderstand—-I am all go or them getting well-deserved recognition.  I just wonder what it amounts to.  It says they will get “many of the benefits” but the devil is always in the details—-which ones?🤔

Isn't that between them and their employer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Whether these 35 employees get Zenith or Elite status doesn’t matter to me.  I would speculate that the majority are Senior Officers, who would have been treated very well anyway.  I would think there are far more than 35 crew who have been with Royal that long but they aren’t officers and possibly not technically employees.

I would be far more concerned 

about granting Pinnacle members Zenith status.  

• Like 2

I suppose that, unless they take a busman’s holiday and book a cruise on Celebrity, this reciprocity (whatever it might be) wouldn’t mean much. Something extra in their pay envelope would be nice and I hope they were recognized in that way, too.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Whether these 35 employees get Zenith or Elite status doesn’t matter to me.  I would speculate that the majority are Senior Officers, who would have been treated very well anyway.  I would think there are far more than 35 crew who have been with Royal that long but they aren’t officers and possibly not technically employees.

I would be far more concerned 

about granting Pinnacle members Zenith status.  

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Royal Caribbean is granting pinnacle status to some of their special employees, according to the newsletter received in today’s email.  According to the last sentence, they will get some sort of reciprocal Captain’s Club status.  Since pinnacle is worth elite for passengers, what do you think it will be worth for these special pinnacles, elite, or zenith?🤔

90D0732B-7614-4395-82DC-0E695845C0C6.png

Slow news day 🤣

• Haha 1