Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have you read the Thursday Murder Club series by Richard Osman.

Richard Osman is a popular TV Quiz show host on Pointless in UK. 
Strange to see that he is a popular writer for someone from U.S.

• Like 1

Jim & Iain,

Hi!  Have safe traveling days and  wonderful cruises.

It's always fun reading your Live threads and the community that forms around them.   The first one I ever read was your 'adventure' in 2020 before the world shut down.  When you cruised the Equinox in '21, I even had my dad following along since we sailed after you in October '21 on the Equinox.  We would talk about your travels and say, 'Jim and Iain did this, said this, etc...' and my mom would be like, who are you talking about?!  😂   It's like we knew you.  😉

Kelly =).

🍹

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

His books are great, very funny as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I may have to check the book out, I actually like him on Pointless 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Where is this?  Just curious, as we've been away now for a couple of weeks.

Evelyn near Mary.    The Tesla was gone not sure why they were so many.  

17 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

@Jim_Iain has teased us with his Oceania “residence” before.  I still feel confident I could squeeze my 6’2” frame into my largest Pullman suitcase and stow away on his and Iain’s verandah.  What do you think guys?  I would only need a few square feet of living space.😇 😉🤗

I call dibs on the opposite side veranda-- I know i can get my fat backside onto one of those loungers and snore the night away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, alfiemom said:

I second that driverless car thing.  Humans need to drive vehicles.  

Ha we just implemented a push system between contracts and adserver at work and I have to keep reminding people computers aren't doing everything (if they do we're out of a job). So I keep having talks of there is still a human needed.

Posted (edited)

It was a pleasure to meeting you at the Sydney pax terminal today!  I only wish we could have arranged better weather to greet you and lain 💦⛈️💦.  We look forward to following your adventures across the pacific!  Safe travels and calm seas 😀☀️🛳️.

Edited by 81Zoomie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Checking in--- We arrived Sydney almost safe and sound.    I pulled a muscle in my bag hoisting my overweight backpack into the overhead bin.   About 1/4 way through the flight I could hardly get out of my seat.    Unfortunately I didn't have an Advil with me so tried the only thing I had -- Lunesta --- It's a sleeping pill but when I researched it ... it can also be used as a muscle relaxer.   Seems to have done the trick.   

We arrived in Sydney with torrential downpours-    In the pouring rain the Ride Share Lot was a total zoo.    I had donned my rain gear but Iain' "didn't listen to me" and was soaked to the bone.   He had to peel his Puffer off so he didn't soak the seat of the car.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 18

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We arrived in Sydney with torrential downpours-    In the pouring rain the Ride Share Lot was a total zoo.    I had donned my rain gear but Iain' "didn't listen to me" and was soaked to the bone.   He had to peel his Puffer off so he didn't soak the seat of the car.

There were quite a few flights (both domestic & international) cancelled today because of the deluge - glad your flight was able to land safely & you made the cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

We're probably closer, as we live in Mountain View, but our complex is in the Los Altos school district.

Edited by rinshin
Replied by mistake.
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:38 PM, Jim_Iain said:

We've been there but last time they kept you far back from the Flows as things were quite active.   I've read that The Kaniel K Inouye Hawaii (AKS Saddle Road)  affords nice view but have restrictions of no stopping between Mile Marker 16 and  31.

WOW! I finally caught up on this adventure!  Can’t wait to follow along and live though you guys!

Just FYI, we were on the big Island and drove across Saddle Road one day, the weather was brutal, only got across because we followed a Sears service truck. I few days later we were on the Kona side again and wanted to get to Hilo. Stopped at a gas station for gas and asked the attendant how do you get to Saddle Road.

He looked at the car and asked is this a rental? I said yes…he asked if I read my rental agreement? NO! He responded that you are not covered if you have an accident on Saddle Road, your contract is void! 🙀. I looked at my DW and said I guess we may be buying a car. We went across and the drive was beautiful. Driving between the two Volcanos! Amazing!

Safe Travels

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:42 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Come along on my daily walk --

Great video! What a beautiful setting, so bucolic. No wonder you love to walk through the area. What was the temperature outside?