Help, Murano on Eclipse

LB_NJ

I have a cruise booked on Eclipse in Aqua.

It looks pricey however thinking about a dinner in Murano (ala carte).

The sample menu on the website lists appetizers, entrees, and a cheese course.

First, besides cheese are there also deserts?

I assume you are limited to one entree however are you limited to one appetizer?

Finally, is the food much better than Blu?

Unlike other specialty dining Celebrity offers, Murano does limit you to a single entree per person, but you can still do multiple starters. They do offer desserts aside from the cheese - we weren't terribly impressed by the desert here though. Tuscan Grille's desert options were more impressive to us. 

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Yes there are desserts.  Murano is pris fixe, priced not a la carte.

I meant a la carte as opposed to their tasting menu.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I assume you are limited to one entree however are you limited to one appetizer?

Food in Murano is way better than Blu.

If you like Lobster then try it in Murano.

They prepare it right at your table on a trolly with a burner and the sauce is delicious.

For another fire show have the Crepes desert.

Edited by D. B.
added content.

6 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

You can have more than one appetizer.  There may be a fee for an additional entree.  The desserts are excellent.  The food is truly much better than Blu.  Murano is an excellent place to celebrate a special occasion.  Well worth the fee.  There are two entrees I recommend.  One is the Chateaubrand and the other is the Murano Lobster prepared table side.  The Warm Goat Cheese Souffle is an excellent appetizer.  

On the menu, it will say "Murano a la carte" but the price is fixed. Caviar is an extra fee.

We have never been charged for an additional entree. I always have the lobster, we share the chateaubriand, and my husband has the lamb or different entree. I wonder if the charge is new? We were just on board a couple of months ago and it wasn’t extra.

We chose Murano for our anniversary celebration, and had a different experience. 
Wait staff couldn’t be bothered with us, food was sub par, ate better at MDR.

No cheese course offered 

no acknowledgement of our special occasion, (and yes, they knew-we told them at reservation & again when seated) which we saw celebrated at other tables. 
We certainly felt like second class citizens 
Guess most others had a better experience-food& service. 

Murano is great. We never had a problem with sharing an extra entree and you may need to ask for the cheese cart to come by your table. All the usual desserts are there. The main courses will vary depending on supply (venison, duck...) but the usual offerings are always there. Sometimes they host the chefs table dinner at Marano and service may suffer on those days. Keep an eye out for that and the same applies to Tuscan. On longer sailings Murano often offers a special lunch that is great. 

We really enjoy eating in Murano with our most recent visit this pas Feb. It’s way better than Blu. We both had the lobster Murano and chateaubrianne with no extra charge. Also had delicious GranMarnier soufflés for desert 

We always choose to have our cheese selection at the start of the meal along with our first wine selection.  If we have it after the entree, we do not enjoy it as much.

After many years of sailing and eating at the specialty restaurants on Celebrity it would be nice for a slight change of menu at the specialty restaurants(Murano and Tuscan). The same is true on Apex or Edge but have not been as often so still trying new items on the menu.  We especially enjoy the menu at Eden(original and revised).

You will enjoy Murano for sure.

We really enjoyed Murano on the Eclipse, which I chose for my 60th in January.  My husband had the lobster and I had Dover sole both of which are prepared table side.  After desserts they brought me a cake and sang “Happy Birthday”.  I was too stuffed to eat the cake and asked for it to be wrapped up to go.  When we got back to our cabin, it had been decorated with balloons and a banner, plus we had another cake and sparkling wine.  We had too much cake on this trip as it is my daughter’s birthday two days after mine and she too got a small cake at the end of her meal from our waiter in Luminae and a bigger cake in our suite.

Murano was our favourite specialty meal of that trip and the staff were excellent.

Catherine

15 hours ago, PatandStu said:

We chose Murano for our anniversary celebration, and had a different experience. 
Wait staff couldn’t be bothered with us, food was sub par, ate better at MDR.

No cheese course offered 

no acknowledgement of our special occasion, (and yes, they knew-we told them at reservation & again when seated) which we saw celebrated at other tables. 
We certainly felt like second class citizens 
Guess most others had a better experience-food& service. 

We enjoy good service and expect it in any onboard restaurant.  I think it comes down to the server.  Last 'special day' in Nov. we had a closed off server with little to no personality.  Disappointed as we always had good service and dining in Murano.  Tuscan was/is so much better IMO.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KforKitty said:

We really enjoyed Murano on the Eclipse, which I chose for my 60th in January.  My husband had the lobster and I had Dover sole both of which are prepared table side.  After desserts they brought me a cake and sang “Happy Birthday”.  I was too stuffed to eat the cake and asked for it to be wrapped up to go.  When we got back to our cabin, it had been decorated with balloons and a banner, plus we had another cake and sparkling wine.  We had too much cake on this trip as it is my daughter’s birthday two days after mine and she too got a small cake at the end of her meal from our waiter in Luminae and a bigger cake in our suite.

Murano was our favourite specialty meal of that trip and the staff were excellent.

Catherine

We found that the staff does exceed expectations in Luminae....we also had a marvellous time and a decorated cabin.  However, it's hit and miss in Concierge...can't speak for other categories.  Could be there are less passengers in Retreat class so it's manageable for them.  However, Murano and other specialty restaurants have a notation on your reservation so if it's ignored I think that's on your server....JMHO.

Edited by Oceangoer2