Wrong Color Medallion

bassmk

We got our Medallions today! Mine is Gold and my husband’s also should be but it’s Blue. Has this ever happened to anyone? Will they send a new one? I haven’t been able to get anyone from Princess on the phone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bassmk said:

We got our Medallions today! Mine is Gold and my husband’s also should be but it’s Blue. Has this ever happened to anyone? Will they send a new one? I haven’t been able to get anyone from Princess on the phone.

Yes, it's happened to hundreds, if not thousands of people. Makes no difference in actuality.

Make sure your status is correct on your app/cruise personalizer and on your booking - and you're set 

You can get a correct color sticker once aboard, at GS or CC host.

• Like 4

I tried to order our Medallions to be shipped to home address. The only choice is given to pickup at port. Is anyone know what the reason for not be able to get them via mail?

Thanks

1 hour ago, axd said:

I tried to order our Medallions to be shipped to home address. The only choice is given to pickup at port. Is anyone know what the reason for not be able to get them via mail?

Thanks

Glitch.

Call or try via the Cruise Personalizer online 

1 hour ago, axd said:

Thanks

If you don't have a package you will have to pick them up at the port. Since it appears you're in CA that would seem to be the issue. Is your cruise really soon?

2 hours ago, bassmk said:

image.gif.22bb1eab4a2e28a212f06296c205eaae.gif

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

If you don't have a package you will have to pick them up at the port. Since it appears you're in CA that would seem to be the issue. Is your cruise really soon?

That is incorrect.

Anyone in US or Canada can pay to have them shipped. It's $10 per order.

Those who've purchased the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages (at $60/80) have shipping included.  (Which is why you're reimbursed $10 if you buy the package aboard).

10 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That is incorrect.

Those who've purchased the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages (at $60/80) have shipping included.  (Which is why you're reimbursed $10 if you buy the package aboard).

Your reply is incorrect. I live in California, always have a package, and have not paid for Medallion shipping...ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That is incorrect.

The poster stated their issue. I responded with my experience which was not incorrect.

• Like 1

Have you checked to make sure his Captains Circle number is correct on the booking? If it is, it’s just a glitch and there’s no need to worry.  He can ask them to put a sticker on it onboard but the color won’t make a difference in any situation.

12 hours ago, axd said:

Thanks

I had the same issue. I was told on board that it probably was because I did not enter my credit card in the Shoreside section of the app, but the tech that answered was really not certain. The outcome wasn't any real problem. It took less than 5 minutes to pick up at the pier in Ft. Lauderdale. 

15 hours ago, cheetosrevil said:

Your reply is incorrect. I live in California, always have a package, and have not paid for Medallion shipping...ever.

And what about that makes my answer incorrect?

If you've always had a package, shipping is covered by the package.

Prior to Feb 2023, shipping was free to everyone.

When the package changes cane into effect in Feb 2923, medallion shipping is $10, unless you have the Plus or Premier Cruise Package (at 60/80 price, which was introduced Dec 14, 2022).

Before those changes, medallion shipping was fee, regardless of package or not. 

So, what was incorrect in my statement? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

Is the color really such a big deal?

Ours is ruby but it could be paisley for all I care! 🤔

Will it affect my cruise experience?

It only matters if someone is checking medallions for entry to a lounge or something. Having the correct color can make the process smoother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It only matters if someone is checking medallions for entry to a lounge or something. Having the correct color can make the process smoother.

It makes no difference, even then.

Many many people order custom medallions - birthday or anniversary or flag or birthstone or whatever.  

Anywhere where entrance is based on CC status will have a handheld scanner to check. Someone with a customized medallion isn't going to be denied based on that. They'd be denied if they're CC level isn't correct for the event.

As long as your account accurately reflects your current status, the color of your medallion makes no difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

It makes no difference, even then.

Many many people order custom medallions - birthday or anniversary or flag or birthstone or whatever.  

Anywhere where entrance is based on CC status will have a handheld scanner to check. Someone with a customized medallion isn't going to be denied based on that. They'd be denied if they're CC level isn't correct for the event.

As long as your account accurately reflects your current status, the color of your medallion makes no difference.

No one said people with custom medallions would be denied. I simply stated that having the correct color can avoid the need for a scan on entry to certain locations.

13 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

Is the color really such a big deal?

Ours is ruby but it could be paisley for all I care! 🤔

Will it affect my cruise experience?

No, but it may affect whether you get on a priority boarding line (Elite/Suite)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Or on embarkation.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:04 AM, donaldsc said:

Nobody cares what color the medallion is unless you care as long as the computer knows the color.

DON

We are Elite and I’d be happy to get a different colour for a change. I use mine as golf ball markers after so a collection of different colours would be nice.

Collecting them at the embarkation port saves all the faffying around ordering then waiting for them arrive in the post too.

On 4/6/2024 at 1:21 AM, Torfamm said:

Have you checked to make sure his Captains Circle number is correct on the booking? If it is, it’s just a glitch and there’s no need to worry.  He can ask them to put a sticker on it onboard but the color won’t make a difference in any situation.

I finally was able to talk to someone and YES! This was the issue! It was one number off and she fixed it online. She said the Medallion itself can be corrected on board. I know it doesn't matter, ultimately, what color the Medallion actually is, but I was worried there was some other issue and I'm glad I found out!

• Like 3