Have It All

Hi. Looking for info, please. In the T&Cs for Have it All with HAL, it says that UK/European guests receive prepaid stateroom gratuities. However a list of excluded gratuities includes the dining room. So, does Have It All cover ther the $17 daily gratuity charge or not? As we're not alcohol drinkers, the decision to take Have It All is pretty marginal, and if daily gratuities were still expected, then it wouldn't be worth it for us.  

Many thanks.

Barbara

I asked and was told the £60 included the gratuities.  When I did a test run the price was in dollars totalled less than £60 per day and the difference in price was the gratuities so I could have purchased it without the gratuities at a lesser cost than £60 per day or could have added pre-paid gratuities and both packages (in dollars) would have totalled £60. 

Hope that makes sense.

I too do not drink much alcohol, maybe a couple a day, so am weighing it up, however, the cruise I have booked have a lot of sea days during which I could drink a few cups of coffee/tea.

54 minutes ago, lynn2002 said:

I asked and was told the £60 included the gratuities. 

The £60/€65 HIA 'upgrade offer' usually does not include the gratuities, whereas the HIA offered at time of booking and included in the cruise price usually does include the grats.

Posted (edited)

The HAL agent told me it did include the US Dollars 17 per day.  I did ask him several times if he was sure as that would be the deciding factor in whether I bought the Have it all package.

Edited by lynn2002

9 hours ago, McDeb2119 said:

Is this for EU/UK residents or for cruises departing EU/UK?  The word “guest” could apply to either. 

Residents or those booking through the EU/UK websites.

• Thanks 1

Slightly puzzled as I'm looking at a 'brochure' from a travel agent and their Have It All does not mention gratuities, just drinks, dining, excursion credit and WiFi.  Reading this thread I then went to look on HA's website for the same cruise and under the cruise it clearly states that HIA includes gratuities, or as they say, crew appreciation.

Could this omission by the travel agent be a mistake?

26 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Slightly puzzled as I'm looking at a 'brochure' from a travel agent and their Have It All does not mention gratuities, just drinks, dining, excursion credit and WiFi.  Reading this thread I then went to look on HA's website for the same cruise and under the cruise it clearly states that HIA includes gratuities, or as they say, crew appreciation.

Could this omission by the travel agent be a mistake?

HIA does not usually include grats.  Brochure (hard copy?) probably printed prior to grats being recently included in special offer for HIA.

Tho we would likely add to them once on board, we have already prepaid gratuities with our booking, and included HIA.
  Are gratuities included in the Pinnacle and Canaletto restaurants with HIA?

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

HIA does not usually include grats.  Brochure (hard copy?) probably printed prior to grats being recently included in special offer for HIA.

The brochure is a promotional one put together by this particular travel agency. It includes other cruise lines and what I would describe as 'put together trips' which include pre and post cruise Hotels,  maybe an added train journey, etc, etc. It comes by post as I subscribe to their website and was delivered only yesterday.  Some nice sounding trips: pity we can't afford anything at the moment other than what is already booked!

from what I've seen all HIA are not the same  it seems when you book what's available 

we booked july2025 Alaska HIA and in looking at HIA for july2024 its not the same

On 4/10/2024 at 6:55 AM, roupa said:

Tho we would likely add to them once on board, we have already prepaid gratuities with our booking, and included HIA.
  Are gratuities included in the Pinnacle and Canaletto restaurants with HIA?

Yes, they are. And the 18% service charge with the Beverage Package. Of course you can always add more to either!

1 minute ago, a.madruga said:

from what I've seen all HIA are not the same

If you book during the Early Booking Bonus period, the HIA is enhanced. You get the upgraded beverage package, the upgraded Wi-Fi package AND Crew Appreciation.

• Like 2