Favorite 15+ day itineraries. What’s yours?

Posted (edited)

Our all-time favorite itineraries with HAL have been a 40-day B2B on the Maasdam back in the Fall of 2019, featuring the short-lived In-Depth EXC program, where we first visited some New Caledonia Islands before going on a 30-day Australia circumnavigation cruise, which included visiting Komodo Island! Our second favorite itinerary was a 22-day Antarctica/South America cruise in Jan 2018 on the Zaandam, which included 4 days cruising around the Antarctica Peninsula where the wildlife viewing options were just totally awesome! Our next favorite cruise was in the Fall of 2022 on a 38-day B2B on the NCL Jade which started in Athens, with a transition day in Dubai before heading to Cape Town (see Live From thread in my expanded signature). Then there was a cruise in Jan 2020 on the Island Princess that included a 25-day itinerary from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago by way of the Panama Canal and Easter Island, which was also a totally awesome cruise!

Just wondering what some of the other awesome 15+ day itineraries might be out there that may need to be explored? I know the HAL 28-day Alaska cruise which includes visiting Nome looks pretty awesome!

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Can't beat Hawaii, but it might get old doing over and over.  

True. We’ve did the Hawaii cruise on the Amsterdam back in 2016. It was fun with plenty of sea days. But you’re right, unless it’s part of a longer itinerary that may include Tahiti, Fiji and maybe Samoa along with some of the other nearby islands.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Our 18 day Chile to Tahiti cruise with overnights at Easter Island and Bora Bora was my favorite cruise! We enjoyed our time on Oceania, the many sea days were enjoyable with 2 or 3 lectures each day and wonderful cooking classes to choose from. But sharing it with our friends made it the best time we've had on a cruise!

The stay on Moorea after the cruise made it one of our top trips of all time.

Edited by Sea42
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Right now my favorite is my most recent cruise, the 94-day Grand Australia/New Zealand.  Other than Hawaii, all the ports were new for us (South Pacific, Australia, NZ and French Polynesia).

A close 2nd place would be the 65-day European B2B in 2019. 

We have the 28-day Alaska booked for next year, and hope to do the 2026 World Cruise to hit some more ports in our bucket list.

Oops!  Almost forgot another one, the awesome 38-day Voyage of the Vikings.  I could do that one again in a heartbeat!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

Our 18 day Chile to Tahiti cruise with overnights at Easter Island and Bora Bora was my favorite cruise! We enjoyed our time on Oceania, the many sea days were enjoyable with 2 or 3 lectures each day and wonderful cooking classes to choose from. But sharing it with our friends made it the best time we've had on a cruise!

The stay on Moorea after the cruise made it one of our top trips of all time.

Sounds awesome! We did some awesome cruises with Oceania back in 2018 where we did a 17-day Cuba B2B on the Sirena followed by a 30-day Northern Europe, Iceland and Greenland cruise on the Nautica! One of the many fun memories from that cruise was seeing a whale breaching 6 times as we were leaving Qaqortoq, Greenland!

• Like 2

My stepfather and I were on the Zuiderdam last summer for the Voyage of the Vikings. I think a few people were surprised that we're taking the same cruise, but we love the itinerary, the ship, the crew, food, etc.  We are going round trip from Boston, which is very convenient for us. The stops in Scotland will be replaced by Oslo and Dublin. We're looking forward to it. 😊

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BetsyS. said:

My stepfather and I were on the Zuiderdam last summer for the Voyage of the Vikings. I think a few people were surprised that we're taking the same cruise, but we love the itinerary, the ship, the crew, food, etc.  We are going round trip from Boston, which is very convenient for us. The stops in Scotland will be replaced by Oslo and Dublin. We're looking forward to it. 😊

The Voyage of the Vikings cruise is definitely an awesome 35-day itinerary!

IMG_4055.thumb.jpeg.15b579abdb92b72717ee49042b4998eb.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm still working, so I haven't been able to go on many that were longer than 15 days.  My favorites have been the 17-day Circle Hawaii and 16-day Panama Canal transit (pre-super max).

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Atlantic Adventure round trip Fort Lauderdale.

I have to say that looks like a pretty cool itinerary that also includes going to Egypt to see the pyramids! 

image.thumb.png.0e9a63b874e9ee4253baef81f754ed44.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

Definitely Antarctica.  Bucket list.  

We've done that cruise twice now. Once for 22-days on the Zaandam back in 2018 and most recently a few months ago for 30-days on the Sapphire Princess (Live From in my below signature area). Both times were awesome!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The Voyage of the Vikings cruise is definitely an awesome 35-day itinerary!

IMG_4055.thumb.jpeg.15b579abdb92b72717ee49042b4998eb.jpeg

I did this trip 2 years ago and I enjoyed it very much.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hobgoblin said:

Has anyone done a cruise that incorporates The Golden Triangle stopping to tour india?

I have been asking HAL to do a cruise that focuses on India.  Wouldn’t that be great?  I assume cruise docking infrastructure may be an issue

• Like 2