Change in times Suite/Pinnacle lounge open at night

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BND said:

That is not what my post was about, but okay.  My opinion is they fill a void and yours is you like them.  

You said you didn't know why early diners don't just go to dinner. I told you why we, as early diners, don't just go to dinner. That wasn't an opinion, it was a factual explanation of why we do something you didn't understand.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You said you didn't know why early diners don't just go to dinner. I told you why we, as early diners, don't just go to dinner. That wasn't an opinion, it was a factual explanation of why we do something you didn't understand.

Awful defensive lol.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  And, saying I don't know why is my opinion.  I didn't realize appetizers were something that needed understanding.    BTW, Merion Mom said before I did.  Gonna go after her too?

Edited by BND
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Awful defensive lol.  I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  And, saying I don't know why is my opinion.  I didn't realize appetizers were something that needed understanding.    BTW, Merion Mom said before I did.  Gonna go after her too?

Have good weekend!

You could insert some "why eat that then?" commentary about any time of day.

Why eat soft serve at 11am?

Why eat Sorrento's pizza late?

Why spend 3 hours at dinner at Chef's Table or ESC?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You could insert some "why eat that then?" commentary about any time of day.

Why eat soft serve at 11am?

Why eat Sorrento's pizza late?

Why spend 3 hours at dinner at Chef's Table or ESC?

Ooooh...I love that 3 hour thing....though half of the calories I am consuming there....is actually of the liquid libation thing.  😄 😄 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some of us enjoy the snacks before dinner and don't love the MDR and/or find the portions there small.

I often snack off and on all day in between main meals. Different strokes...

I also enjoy snacking, but if I did it before dinner, I won’t be hungry enough for that.

I’ve always said I eat like an infant…small portions but all day 😁

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree. We always go to the CL for HH when HH first starts. Couple of drinks, cheese plate, my wife always likes a chocolate covered strawberry.Then head down to supper about 45 minutes later, ~6:PM. Enjoy a 5 course meal always in the MDR. 

How do you have dinner at 6pm in the MDR?

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I also enjoy snacking, but if I did it before dinner, I won’t be hungry enough for that.

I’ve always said I eat like an infant…small portions but all day 😁

I totally get that. We don't do much specialty dining but if I know I'm having a specialty dinner I try to cut off the eating early and not snack before dinner. If we're just doing MDR/WJ for dinner, I don't really care how hungry I am. I'm not a huge MDR fan (although some stuff was surprisingly good on Wonder in March) and don't consider it a big meal. If we go to WJ it's often later in the evening.

We just turned D+ and plan to use our first BOGO on night one of next month's cruise... and my wife has already ordered me not to eat as much as I normally do on embarkation day so I have room for a big dinner. 🤣 My plan is to work on the extra vouchers in lieu of snacking all day.

2 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Perhaps the change to more of a banquet seating arrangement rather than the previous of an officer at every table has something to do with it?  I know I'm not as interested in attending anymore.

Since the end of the Pandemic, Officers do not sit or mingle with attendees.  The Captain and Asociates stand in line and introduce themselves and then they leave.  

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the frequently stated "snacks before dinner".

SNACKS BEFORE DINNER?  How about just GOING TO DINNER?!?!??!

Some nights the snacks are better than any appetizers in the MDR menu.🤣

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I totally get that. We don't do much specialty dining but if I know I'm having a specialty dinner I try to cut off the eating early and not snack before dinner. If we're just doing MDR/WJ for dinner, I don't really care how hungry I am. I'm not a huge MDR fan (although some stuff was surprisingly good on Wonder in March) and don't consider it a big meal. If we go to WJ it's often later in the evening.

We just turned D+ and plan to use our first BOGO on night one of next month's cruise... and my wife has already ordered me not to eat as much as I normally do on embarkation day so I have room for a big dinner. 🤣 My plan is to work on the extra vouchers in lieu of snacking all day.

Congrats my friend at turning D+!!!   🙂 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the frequently stated "snacks before dinner".

SNACKS BEFORE DINNER?  How about just GOING TO DINNER?!?!??!

lol, it sounds like my kids when they were in their pre teens.  

Isn't there pizza available and soft serve ice cream at that time?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ooooh...I love that 3 hour thing....though half of the calories I am consuming there....is actually of the liquid libation thing.  😄 😄 

But we SO love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

We try - and I use that word with crossed fingers and a nice smile - to use our BOGOs for specialty dining for lunch, because we won’t have dinner those nights, especially me! Some ships allow it, others don’t.  Congratulations on the D+!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

How do you have dinner at 6pm in the MDR?

Our last RC cruise was a B2B on the Employer, March 2022, TD. DL still. Our future B2B cruise is March 2025 and have TD at 5:30. I know times have change for TD in the MDR. 🤬 Will have to adjust according. We'll still stop in the CL first, like we always have. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We try - and I use that word with crossed fingers and a nice smile - to use our BOGOs for specialty dining for lunch, because we won’t have dinner those nights, especially me! Some ships allow it, others don’t.  Congratulations on the D+!

Makes sense & is a good deal if it works for you (and they let you). Mason Jar brunch on Wonder has become a go-to for us & I’ll eventually get hungry for dinner but that’s one day I won’t be snacking much in the afternoon. We have those booked at 40% off from Black Friday so it’s almost BOGO.

I enjoy the morning/afternoon meals & snacking at included venues so other than MJ I’d rather save specialty for dinner to replace the MDR/WJ dinner. Night one of our next cruise is also one  day after our anniversary so I could say that’s what it’s for but we’ll likely do the same thing in July just b/c it works for us schedule/menu-wise.

And thanks, looking forward to our new perks. I just have to learn to drink more b/c my wife doesn’t really drink & only uses a couple vouchers per day. I look at it as a good problem to have. 🍹 🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, doghog said:

know times have change for TD in the MDR. 🤬 Will have to adjust according. We'll still stop in the CL first, like we always have.

Yeah, having early dining at 5pm recently was slightly annoying for that reason. FYI, the CL snacks on Wonder seemed to be out before then even though the welcome letter said HH was 5-8 & we don’t hang out there long so it was fine. We usually got to the MDR around 5:15pm and it wasn’t an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, having early dining at 5pm recently was slightly annoying for that reason. FYI, the CL snacks on Wonder seemed to be out before then even though the welcome letter said HH was 5-8 & we don’t hang out there long so it was fine. We usually got to the MDR around 5:15pm and it wasn’t an issue. 

We were on a Princess cruise 27 March - 6 April of this year on the Enchanted. We had reserved DMW (Dine My Way. Like ATD.) for every evening at 6 PM. The Princess Captain's Circle HH was from 4:30 to 8:30. Princess doesn't have a dedicated lounge for Platinum and Elite. So they reserve a lounge for that time frame. Drinks are at a discounted rate. We had the Plus Beverage Package so no additional cost to us. There was a bar in the lounge. Also hot and cold appetizers. A lot like what is in the CL. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Makes sense & is a good deal if it works for you (and they let you). Mason Jar brunch on Wonder has become a go-to for us & I’ll eventually get hungry for dinner but that’s one day I won’t be snacking much in the afternoon. We have those booked at 40% off from Black Friday so it’s almost BOGO.

I enjoy the morning/afternoon meals & snacking at included venues so other than MJ I’d rather save specialty for dinner to replace the MDR/WJ dinner. Night one of our next cruise is also one  day after our anniversary so I could say that’s what it’s for but we’ll likely do the same thing in July just b/c it works for us schedule/menu-wise.

And thanks, looking forward to our new perks. I just have to learn to drink more b/c my wife doesn’t really drink & only uses a couple vouchers per day. I look at it as a good problem to have. 🍹 🤣

I’m like your wife, I never use all my vouchers, and on longer cruises, even DH can’t use them all, so I either use a couple for soda, water or better yet, we ask our room steward what they would like. Last time he wanted beer, so we ended up getting him enough cans of Fosters that he and his cabin mate could share.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

We were on a Princess cruise 27 March - 6 April of this year on the Enchanted. We had reserved DMW (Dine My Way. Like ATD.) for every evening at 6 PM. The Princess Captain's Circle HH was from 4:30 to 8:30. Princess doesn't have a dedicated lounge for Platinum and Elite. So they reserve a lounge for that time frame. Drinks are at a discounted rate. We had the Plus Beverage Package so no additional cost to us. There was a bar in the lounge. Also hot and cold appetizers. A lot like what is in the CL. 

Sounds like a good schedule. If/when RC implements a 3rd traditional seating at 6:30ish, we'll consider moving to that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m like your wife, I never use all my vouchers, and on longer cruises, even DH can’t use them all, so I either use a couple for soda, water or better yet, we ask our room steward what they would like. Last time he wanted beer, so we ended up getting him enough cans of Fosters that he and his cabin mate could share.

Yeah, even at D I usually had a couple sodas and a couple Trulys in the fridge. I really do want to try to use more on actual drinks though. I'm hardly a big drinker at home so ordering lots of random, interesting drinks I'd never try to make is part of the fun to me... I'm not trying to get drunk.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, doghog said:

Our last RC cruise was a B2B on the Employer, March 2022, TD. DL still. Our future B2B cruise is March 2025 and have TD at 5:30. I know times have change for TD in the MDR. 🤬 Will have to adjust according. We'll still stop in the CL first, like we always have. 

I just pretend I am on Utah time....versus Florida time.   Will feel like I am having dinner much later!!  😄 😄 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah, even at D I usually had a couple sodas and a couple Trulys in the fridge. I really do want to try to use more on actual drinks though. I'm hardly a big drinker at home so ordering lots of random, interesting drinks I'd never try to make is part of the fun to me... I'm not trying to get drunk.

I average about 3 drinks a week at home. On a cruise ship? Yeah that number goes up quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I average about 3 drinks a week at home. On a cruise ship? Yeah that number goes up quite a bit.

Doing that first quarter (63 nights) on the World Cruise...ummm...yeah.  🤪  Oh no...I have another 62 nights coming up for 4th quarter in July.   OMG....where is the local AA chapter.  😄 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Doing that first quarter (63 nights) on the World Cruise...ummm...yeah.  🤪  Oh no...I have another 62 nights coming up for 4th quarter in July.   OMG....where is the local AA chapter.  😄 

Serenade would have to convert the entire ship to hold the meeting😱😇

• Haha 1