LIVE from Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic (with bonus Disney World) April 2024

9 hours ago, little britain said:

DH is loving you and cursing you for introducing him to Papa Jacs!!

- nice travelling with you.

- safe travels home 

LB x

It’s a delicious drink! The world needs to know about it. 

It was nice travelling with you, too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts along the way. 

9 hours ago, Ginlyn said:

Fellow Canadian here.  I don’t post hardly at all but wanted to say how much I always enjoy your “lives”.  When are you cruising again?  DH and I just did the Panama Canal cruise on Radiance about two weeks ago and already I am missing cruising.  Safe travels tomorrow and I look forward to following you again in the future.  Ginny from the land/island of Anne of Green Gables 😜

Thank you! The Panama Canal is definitely on my bucket list, but my next cruise will be the westbound transatlantic on Oasis in Octobre. 

Love the Anne of Green Gables books so much! ❤️ 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

@laurieal

Not sure who won the race as I just woke up.  But we don’t have to disembark until 10:15.

IMG_0320.thumb.jpeg.b0820508ce074b1c1341838955e77e2c.jpeg

I think you win because you get to sleep in later 😊 

Are you flying home today or staying in Barcelona?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, laurieal said:

I think you win because you get to sleep in later 😊 

Are you flying home today or staying in Barcelona?

no.  I got a hotel room to spend the day here and fly home tomorrow.

Too bad we never actually got to meet.  This has been fun.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

no.  I got a hotel room to spend the day here and fly home tomorrow.

Too bad we never actually got to meet.  This has been fun.

It has! Have a fun day in Barcelona today and a safe flight home tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Earlier during the cruise I had inquired about getting an accessible airport transfer from the port and I had been told it was available. Since my flight is only at 15:00, I got a “late” transfer with a disembarkation time of 8:30 and luggage tag 51. 

I skipped breakfast again, because I plan to eat 7 bocadillos at the airport. Around 8:00, I went to the Royal Theatre on deck 5, which was my assigned departure lounge. It was my first time seeing the upper level of the theatre. 

IMG_1173.thumb.jpeg.f91714d37c7dddc3435ac00052c8598d.jpeg

They had a table set up with water, juice, coffee and some pastries. 

IMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.98915470cf26d566fb5c14c983479e69.jpeg

Around 8:30, I got a notification from the app saying that I could get off. I had one last look at the Promenade. 

IMG_1174.thumb.jpeg.9ea42ee0d5d2b78dfcf1d64d9f1416d7.jpeg

IMG_1175.thumb.jpeg.d5f56349c62c21cec18ba81bcba9faa3.jpeg

The gangway was backed up. 

IMG_1176.thumb.jpeg.0561b7f3b655c13cc45b6a8cd557f886.jpeg

IMG_1177.thumb.jpeg.6beadac5c539af56d91c1ac3b0a791f8.jpeg

After waiting for about 30 minutes, the wheelchair assistance train went by and told me I could join them. I didn’t need to be asked twice. 

On the way I caught a glimpse of the Scarlet Lady. 

IMG_1178.thumb.jpeg.4e55f22dee11de26abeb452d9f00c0dc.jpeg

It was the immigration of non-Europeans that was backed up. Once they reached the terminal Europeans could get through pretty quickly. The wheelchair assistance train got to skip that huge immigration line. 

I picked up my luggage and went to the bus transfer area. 

IMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.087e2312a08566afecbb78244bcb7ecc.jpeg

The chaos level seemed minimal with port employees directing people to the correct buses based on terminal number. 

I spoke to the guy supervising the transfer operations and he said that he didn’t have any buses with wheelchair lifts, but that he would call me an accessible taxi. 

The taxi is currently picking someone up from the airport, but it should be here in around 30-40 minutes. 

Since I have a 15:00 flight, this is completely fine. I will get a private taxi ride for the price of a bus transfer. However, if your flight is earlier in the day I would personally skip the RCI transfer and arrange for a taxi. 

• Like 8

I’ve made it to the airport! In the end, it took close to an hour and a half for the accessible taxi to arrive. It’s fine. I was going to be waiting either at the port or at the airport. 

When he arrived, the driver was very nice and efficient. Here’s my last look at the Oasis…

IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.a9513fe06d0bf88fbf7bfffdb4689d9b.jpeg

For now 👀 

I have made it past security and I’m in the process of updating my Disney game on my Nintendo Switch so I have something to do during my 8 hours flight. 

Once that’s done, I’ll go looking for snacks. 

• Like 10

We did the RCI transfer to the airport via Montserrat to kill some time as our flight departure time had been moved to later. 
I’ve done this trip before to “kill time” before flights. 
We had to meet at the ungodly hour of 7:15 but the coach didn’t even leave to close to 8:30

An hours drive each way meant that we only had 90 minutes there and our visit didn’t even include the tickets to see the Black Madonna which is the whole point of going there!! At $125pp we were very disappointed!
Now sitting at airport with a last beer 🍻 

Cheers 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

My time is Barcelona is pretty bad so far.  But i won’t clutter your live thread.  Its an adventure…they say.

Do tell, what's the problem?

8 hours ago, laurieal said:

Guys!

I’m seeing my cat, today!! 😁 

Safe travels today. Thanks for bringing us along. 

• Like 2

I have thoroughly enjoyed living vicariously through you on this cruise.  We've cruised Oasis before a couple of times when she was new and will again in '25, so I've especially enjoyed your posts about the ship as it's been a many years since we've been aboard.  Safe travels home and I'll be looking for your next live review.

• Like 1

Well; that didn’t end well… we had checked in our cases and we were sitting reading before going through security at BCN when some lowlife stole my handbag 👜 containing our Passports, boarding passes, my glasses, driving licence & credit cards - all gone 😭 
Not allowed on flight back home. 
DH caught the guy who did the distraction whilst his accomplice nicked my brand new Kate Spade bag, helped by some nearby lads who just happened to be Swiss Police on holiday! 
Now the trauma of getting new passports etc so we can get home. 
Stopped credit cards immediately but they have tried to use them already in the city centre so police know exactly where they are in the city.

hopefully they can match up security cameras footage at the airport with street camera at the two venues where they tried to use them and identify them. 

I think I’m more gutted about losing the new handbag and my Pinnacle passport holder 

Takes about 48 hours to get a new emergency travel document so checked into hotel and had a very large glass of wine. Ok it was a bottle. 

LB

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

We did the RCI transfer to the airport via Montserrat to kill some time as our flight departure time had been moved to later. 
I’ve done this trip before to “kill time” before flights. 
We had to meet at the ungodly hour of 7:15 but the coach didn’t even leave to close to 8:30

An hours drive each way meant that we only had 90 minutes there and our visit didn’t even include the tickets to see the Black Madonna which is the whole point of going there!! At $125pp we were very disappointed!
Now sitting at airport with a last beer 🍻 

Cheers 

You were lucky!! We were 58 and number still hadn't been called by 1000 (supposed to be 0900!). We just decided to join the queues to get off. Took nearly an hour from 'dinging' out to get to the 2 (count them!! 2!) immigration officers that were checking everyones passports. Got a taxi at about 1130, then wouldn't you believe it, plane was late in! Now sitting at home with a nice, hot cup of tea (as opposed to what you get on Oasis!!).

Simon

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

Well; that didn’t end well… we had checked in our cases and we were sitting reading before going through security at BCN when some lowlife stole my handbag 👜 containing our Passports, boarding passes, my glasses, driving licence & credit cards - all gone 😭 
DH caught the guy who did the distraction whilst his accomplice nicked my brand new Kate Spade bag, helped by some nearby lads who just happened to be Swiss Police on holiday! 
Stopped credit cards immediately but they have tried to use them already in the city centre so police know exactly where they are in the city.

hopefully they can match up security cameras footage at the airport with street camera at the two venues where they tried to use them and identify them. 

I think I’m more gutted about losing the new handbag and my Pinnacle passport holder 

Takes about 48 hours to get a new emergency travel document so checked into hotel and had a very large glass of wine. Ok it was a bottle. 

LB

What gits!!!! Hope it all works out OK.

Simon

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

LB

OMG How awful for you what a way to end a cruise hopefully they’ll catch the culprits.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

LB

OMG How awful for you what a way to end a cruise hopefully they’ll catch the culprits.

17 minutes ago, little britain said:

LB

Oh no, what a horrible way to end your cruise.  Good luck with getting all the docs you need as quickly as possible and with dealing with the rest of the mess, credit cards, etc.  

• Like 2

laurieal 

Thank you such for taking the time and trouble to write such a brilliant comprehensive review .

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed and looked forward to reading your daily updates.

Tremendous work you’ve done thanks again.

• Like 5