Who has gone to Bimini on a Celebrity ship?

MattInFLL

Hello, wondering if this is dock or tender?  And exactly where?  I have seen conflicting information.  We have no interest in going to Resorts World and would rather explore on our own, with a golf cart rental (or similar).  Anyone remember if they are available wherever we end up off the ship.  And please, before you tell me go to the Bahamas board - I tried.  I could not find pertinent information on this question.  Thanks!

• Like 1

We have been to Bimini with Celebrity.  It was a dock, not a tender. Once you get off a you can walk down the pier or catch a tram (I don’t recall if you had to pay for the tram).  It was a short walk to the “Town Circle.”  We rented a golf cart for the day ahead of time, but at the “Town Circle” there looked like there were plenty of golf carts for rent.  We road from one end of island to the other, stopping at various places that interested us along the way.  It was a nice day and we enjoyed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bimini has a dock. It’s quite a long walk from ship to “town” but the tram is free. It stops in 5 places along the way and you can hop on/off wherever you like. Also, check out YouTube for videos of the port. Not a lot going on here. I’m with @bikerunner regarding remaining on the ship. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The ship will back in along side the dock.  In 2021 we caught the free tram on the dock.  Stay on the tram loop all the way around until you are headed back toward the port.  The golf carts will be in a parking lot on your left along side the marina.  See far right on map below just above the traffic circle.  Aft of ship will be on far left on map.  This would have been a long walk from the ship for us, so we appreciated the free tram.  

When you take off on your cart check out how it drives.  Ours steered wonky.  Head south into the non-resort/local area.  Don’t be shocked by how rough the area looks.  Go all the way to the end, stopping along the way and on the way back.  Side streets will take you to the road that run along the shoreline where the local beaches and rustic food and beverage options are located.  View the ship from here.  Visit Dolphin House Museum for some local flavor.

We were not interested in Resorts World either.  We enjoyed our local self-exploration on the golf cart.  We started early and we’re back on board for lunch.

Enjoy!

D9257FDD-D87E-480B-9BB0-827AF4BB46A2.thumb.jpeg.30da040ed17fa2c89eed9cd654c50779.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MattInFLL said:

- I tried.  I could not find pertinent information on this question.  Thanks!

Sorry, but I do not regularly read the Bahamas board.  I popped over there and saw that you posted your question there, but had no responses.

Prior to our stop there I really dug in deep into my research by searching the key word Bimini in Topics.  I just did this and found a lot of threads you could read through.  Some of them are found elsewhere besides the Bahamas board.

I also dug in deep on Trip Advisor.  It can take a significant amount of time to research a port especially when information seems scant.  Happy reading!

Here is a pic of the ship from one of the rustic beaches.  

Also the Beacon of Hope on the rooftop of Dolphin House Museum.

And finally the dock taken from the aft of the ship.  You can see the canopy on the far left where the tram pulls up.

I hope you find this all helpful.

The water is just gorgeous there.

Have fun!🤩 

IMG_4192.thumb.jpeg.ca993e308cf08aa14fe79363abf9fd6f.jpeg

IMG_4145.thumb.jpeg.c4c224978de9627e079854928d7d61ec.jpeg

IMG_4222.thumb.jpeg.222e90b8556a30b7b5d886a6602d04ad.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MattInFLL said:

Hello, wondering if this is dock or tender?  And exactly where?  I have seen conflicting information.  We have no interest in going to Resorts World and would rather explore on our own, with a golf cart rental (or similar).  Anyone remember if they are available wherever we end up off the ship.  And please, before you tell me go to the Bahamas board - I tried.  I could not find pertinent information on this question.  Thanks!

Plethora of information if you search a few variations of your query.  I can’t be more helpful because anywhere in the Bahamas is a stay on board and enjoy a quiet ship day 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The tram was free. Resort World was in the middle of the route. At the end of the route before the turn around was a nice beach, restaurant & pool which was owned by Virgin cruises. Since no Virgin ship was in port they allowed us to use the pool. We rented chairs on the beach from them.  I'm not sure the same rules apply as we did this 2 years ago, but in season. 

Edited by dabear

11 hours ago, MattInFLL said:

It'll dock and pretty close to where you get off the ship, there will be a free tram.  You ride the tram until you get to Fisherman's Village which is an outdoor plaza, they offer golf cart rentals just a few steps from the tram and you'll see rows of them lined up.  If you rent a golf cart there, you will return it there and take the tram back to the ship.  There aren't really any attractions there

24 minutes ago, KEG21552 said:

Is anyone familiar with the company or link to reserve golf carts?

thanks

IDK but wanted to comment we have been there twice, the last time was this past Easter or a week and a half ago and I want to be clear that we have NOT rented them before.  There are several vendors renting golfcart at the Fisherman's Village tram stop and there are plenty of golf carts available; we arrived about 2.5 hours after we were cleared to walk off the ship, we saw at least 70 and my WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") is they could grab more golf carts if their current supply runs low

We paid a guide who took us all around the island.  Other than the Dolphin House and a stop at the bakery, it was a real waste of money.  I would probably take a shuttle ride in the AM and then head back to the ship for lunch.