Ability to switch cabins after reserving

Lwertz

We hurriedly booked our cruise a week ago (long story) and now that I have had more time, I did more research.  I found a YouTube walk-through of what I think our cabin will look like (exact cabin and floor on Edge vs. Ascent) and am not happy with the cabin I selected..  Has anyone had luck with switching to a different cabin and if so, how did you initiate the switch?  I booked directly with Celebrity.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Lwertz said:

We hurriedly booked our cruise a week ago (long story) and now that I have had more time, I did more research.  I found a YouTube walk-through of what I think our cabin will look like (exact cabin and floor on Edge vs. Ascent) and am not happy with the cabin I selected..  Has anyone had luck with switching to a different cabin and if so, how did you initiate the switch?  I booked directly with Celebrity.  Thanks!

Call Celebrity 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lwertz said:

Yes did this recently as I wanted the bed in the middle of the room which I didn’t know when I booked.  I called after doing a “fake booking” so I had a sense of what I wanted and what was available.  I had no issues switching.  

18 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yes did this recently as I wanted the bed in the middle of the room which I didn’t know when I booked.  I called after doing a “fake booking” so I had a sense of what I wanted and what was available.  I had no issues switching.  

Thanks so much.  I have been doing "fake bookings" as well.

• Haha 1

Since this is a new booking you also might want to contact a couple TAs to see if they have group fares.  Then switch and transfer at the same time.

There is a website where you can list your cruise and have TAs Compete for your business.  Usually a saving of about 5-8%.

• Like 1

Be careful cancelling and rebooking. Make sure you have a refundable deposit, the price is not higher, and the perks are the same. You should be able to change cabins as long as it is in the same class.

• Like 2

If you are Captains Club Elite or above you are entitled to one free change which includes cabin location, category, sail date etc. of course you will pay the going rate (which can work in your favour if prices have gone down).

20 minutes ago, Rumjo said:

If you are Captains Club Elite or above you are entitled to one free change which includes cabin location, category, sail date etc. of course you will pay the going rate (which can work in your favour if prices have gone down).

What ?🤔

never read that before 

ELITE | 300-749 CLUB POINTS
MANY OF THE BENEFITS OF SELECT MEMBERSHIP PLUS:
For our Elite guests, we’ve reserved some of the most sought-after benefits including complimentary laundry, internet benefits, and access to complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu between 5pm-7pm.
• Access to Captain’s Club Coffee Lounge for daily coffee house
style breakfast
• Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm
• 30% off Wifi Packages and upgrades, plus 90 complimentary stream minutes
• 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
• $200 off The Studio photo packages
• Complimentary access to Persian Garden on one port day of your
choice while ship is in port. (Solstice and Millennium Class Ships Only)
• 10% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
• 15% discount on a drink package or a premium drink package upgrade
• Complimentary dry cleaning for one item
• One complimentary bag of laundry during each sailing (wash, dry, fold)
• Access to a private lounge during departure, complete with continental breakfast
• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society
ELITE PLUS | 750-2,999 CLUB POINTS
MANY OF THE BENEFITS OF ELITE MEMBERSHIP PLUS:
In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we’ve created Elite Plus to deliver

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What ?🤔

never read that before 

For our Elite guests, we’ve reserved some of the most sought-after benefits including complimentary laundry, internet benefits, and access to complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu between 5pm-7pm.
style breakfast
• Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the ship daily, between 5pm-7pm
• Access to a private lounge during departure, complete with continental breakfast
In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we’ve created Elite Plus to deliver

I can’t remember exactly where I found it - I think it’s when I was scouring their cancellation policy because I needed to change our august sailing. I hadn’t heard anyone mention it before but I rang them and they confirmed it was correct. I moved my sailing to 2025 under this option, they just transferred my deposit over and I didn’t lose a thing. 
They certainly don’t advertise it as a ‘perk’ but I assure you it’s correct!

12 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What ?🤔

never read that before 

style breakfast

https://www.celebritycruises.com/guest-terms/content/uploads/2022/08/Booking-Conditions-United-Kingdom-ENGLISH.pdf

point 1.11

Just noticed this is applicable to UK guests so I guess it might be different elsewhere 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lwertz said:

Thanks so much.  I have been doing "fake bookings" as well.

I do this as well to check price fluctuations and better cabin selections! 

Happy Cruising.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Since this is a new booking you also might want to contact a couple TAs to see if they have group fares.  Then switch and transfer at the same time.

There is a website where you can list your cruise and have TAs Compete for your business.  Usually a saving of about 5-8%.

WoW, I didn't know this.  Thank you for the advice.  In the Retreat category, this may just well be a significant price reduction!

11 hours ago, Rumjo said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/guest-terms/content/uploads/2022/08/Booking-Conditions-United-Kingdom-ENGLISH.pdf

point 1.11

Just noticed this is applicable to UK guests so I guess it might be different elsewhere 

Yes, it is a U.K. perk as I used it years ago, but thanks for posting that it’s still applicable as I thought it may have gone when the US rules changed to NRD (and paying extra for refundable), again a few years ago now.

17 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Are you able to name the website or does that go against the rules? From a fellow Wildcat (many, many decades ago).

20 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You should have no problem changing rooms in the same category 

but really all the cabins ( below suite ) are basically the same except for some inside cabins and OVs at the bow 

The difference would be if the bed is by the balcony or lavatory.   Also if the head of the bed is towards the front of the ship or the rear.   The later may affect those with motion issues that have a problem with the way they are moving when laying down. 

The cabin may have an obstructed view, be too far from the stairs or elevators, be near a public area, or have one above or below.    Other differences would be the deck level and location that affect the movement in the cabin. 

The cabin may also be close to a smoking area.   Depending on your preference.  

Some cabins in the same category also have larger balconies. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Are you able to name the website or does that go against the rules? From a fellow Wildcat (many, many decades ago).

It's called *****. It's not a travel agency so it's fine to mention.

1 hour ago, miched said:

The difference would be if the bed is by the balcony or lavatory.   Also if the head of the bed is towards the front of the ship or the rear.   The later may affect those with motion issues that have a problem with the way they are moving when laying down. 

The cabin may have an obstructed view, be too far from the stairs or elevators, be near a public area, or have one above or below.    Other differences would be the deck level and location that affect the movement in the cabin. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I did write basically the same , 🤣

On 4/14/2024 at 2:03 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Thanks- I did not know that about TAs bidding for my business!

10 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yep, you got some of the reasons in there!  Tho, I hadn't even thought about the smoking area.  While we don't get motion sick, I do get migraines from smoke.  Guess I should figure that out.

29 minutes ago, Lwertz said:

Yep, you got some of the reasons in there!  Tho, I hadn't even thought about the smoking area.  While we don't get motion sick, I do get migraines from smoke.  Guess I should figure that out.

Smokers don’t realize how they reek from their smoke.    It is really bad when you have a seat in the theater or lounge and a smoker sits next or around you.   It is also a problem on a confined bus tour.   That is why we no longer take tours. 

On the Edge class the smoking areas are usually:

Port side areas are deck 4 rear outside of Eden,  Sunset bar, and rear of pool area.  
Starboard is the Mast Bar. 

My wife will get migraines and I can feel your pain seeing what she goes thru.   I don’t get migraines but I break out in hives from the smell of cigarette smoke.  

Hope this helps 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miched said:
10 hours ago, Lwertz said:

Smokers don’t realize how they reek from their smoke.    

This is SO TRUE….

If a smoker gets on an elevator everyone that’s not a smoker, immediately knows.

And the smoker is oblivious that they stink to everyone else because they don’t smell it.