The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 15th, 2024

kazu

20 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda, I hope so too.

Today has been busy, but I feel like I'm finally getting caught up on everything that needs doing.  It did hurt to send out the payments on both our county taxes and IRS all the same day though. 😲

And I got some alarming news from my BFF.  Her DIL is in the hospital -- extremely high blood pressure and now brain swelling (!!)  I'm so worried about her, and of course her family are all in shock.  She's only in her early 40's and always seemed to be in good health.  She has had some stress lately, I do wonder if that's the reason. 😞  

I hope your BFF's DIL can be treated quickly and she recovers fully.  That is scary.

10 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I was happy to read about the shunt valve adjustment. I hope your DH feels the difference soon.

@kochleffel, Paul, sorry about your ankle.

i hope the others who had treatments and appointments are doing well.

@Mr. Boston,condolences on the passing of your friend and colleague Lauren. 

Thank you, Terry.  The NP said probably in 3 or 4 days he will see a difference.  They don't want to drain too much fluid too fast.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

@JazzyV  I don't know how tall you are - I'm 5'3" & my bed is 25" inches from the ground...it was probably the right height for me to back up to & logroll on to....unless the air mattress is really tall, you will need something higher.

• Like 5

Well today was so busy I am just now posting. ASL and Boston Days are important, so McDonald's Day if we're celebrating the good service of the Ronald McDonald House & not their food.

Pass on the meal & wine, would try the drink, not been to the port. A cruise I had to cancel end of last year went to Manzanillo - I welcome all pictures. 

Today would be my mother's birthday; she was only 69 when she passed away - too young. Also one of my nephews celebrates his birthday today - my mom always that was special.

@StLouisCruisers glad to hear your twin came through the surgery & seems headed on the right path for recovery. My brother returned to work today after rotator cuff surgery; he was out about 4 months.

Great pictures again @aliaschief

@Quartzsite Cruiser good to know your DH Dr visit went well.

@LambKnuckles I hope the source of your cough can be identified and treated - I know it's so annoying. 

First of 4 part eye procedure done; 2nd one scheduled. They won't schedule all of them in case something goes sideways, but they sure took the $$ for all 4. Dr had me cancel next week's appointment for the other eye procedure (different Dr, diff issue) and says we'll reschedule in about 3 months when I'm recovered from this procedure. I hope this all works.

I had a lot of work to do this afternoon when I got back to work, so I still need to finalize the taxes; I'll do that after dinner. Maybe the new drops will help this headache, lol.

It was 72° heading to rainy 77° while I was sitting in Dr office; it hasn't rained - sometimes it looked like it wanted to & other times the sky was blue 🤷‍♀️

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240415_102142.thumb.jpg.1286e21aeb57c506500d33a89d198f68.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I would like to announce to you all, that you are now "Cat" grand aunts and uncles as Munchkin ( no longer a stray) gave birth this afternoon to- we are not too sure how many kittens. But we know there are at least two of them.  One solid black (like Chumley) and one black and white like her. I think she may have had a third, but I told DH to let her be, and stop turning on the lights on the porch. I did go out and tell her what a good girl she was, and she seemed to appreciate it.  We will know more in the light of day. If there is a third, it might be Tiggers, so i understand why she hisses at him through the window.  She is on the porch, and the little family all seem to be fine. 

I thought we all needed some good news today.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I would like to announce to you all, that you are now "Cat" grand aunts and uncles as Munchkin ( no longer a stray) gave birth this afternoon to- we are not too sure how many kittens. But we know there are at least two of them.  One solid black (like Chumley) and one black and white like her. I think she may have had a third, but I told DH to let her be, and stop turning on the lights on the porch. I did go out and tell her what a good girl she was, and she seemed to appreciate it.  We will know more in the light of day. If there is a third, it might be Tiggers, so i understand why she hisses at him through the window.  She is on the porch, and the little family all seem to be fine. 

I thought we all needed some good news today.

Congratulations, Grandma.   If we're grand aunts and uncles, you are definitely Grandma and Grandpa.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Good evening to all,

Thank you all for the good wishes for my meeting with the Certified Dementia Practioner.  It was a very beneficial experience.  She gave me a lot of good information and plenty of helpful hints.  She is going to put me in touch with a few other people to give me more help. I was very grateful for all her help.  Also very grateful for all your well wishes.

Tomorrow is Anita’s funeral at 10 am.  DH told me that he does not feel up to going.  I am saddened by this, especially since Anita’s late husband and mine were High School classmates.  They were very influential in us moving to this area and very helpful to us after we moved here.  I don’t want to push him too much so I will go by myself.  I think I can make an adequate excuse for his absence. It really will not matter much since i do not know Anita’s brothers or their family and they do not know DH.

All in all, I was very grateful for my experience today.

Thank you all again.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1